Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

5 hours ago, Walkers said:

I'd love to see Vardy start but I think i'd rather see us play with 11 men

I actually agree with bluefox76 - I think we should play Vardy instead of Sterling and Rashford. Having the confidence to play with ten men sends a message - the other teams will be proper frit.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

So playing with Vardy is like playing with 10 men? 

Yeah, I don't agree.

For England it has been as no fvcker passes to him.

If you piss about with it in the middle  it gives the defence time to set up to nullify Vardy. You could say the same is happening to Sterling dynamic attacking  player banging in the goals for Man City who play quick attacking positive football. A few sideways passes and he has to check his run and try and find space again against a set defence.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

It is because they don't play to his strengths in any way, shape or form. I'm not blaming Jamie at all.

I'm not saying you're blaming Vardy. To say it's like playing with 10 men is ridiculous though, that's why I disagreed with the original poster who said that.

• Like 2

I may be proven wrong by stats but I don't think Vardy puts anywhere near the shift he did a couple of years back. Not that I blame him for that because its impossible to maintain the same extreme work rate, for us he's been much more specific as to when to put the extra work in and for England he spends most of the game standing next to the centre backs waiting for the ball.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I may be proven wrong by stats but I don't think Vardy puts anywhere near the shift he did a couple of years back. Not that I blame him for that because its impossible to maintain the same extreme work rate, for us he's been much more specific as to when to put the extra work in and for England he spends most of the game standing next to the centre backs waiting for the ball.

To be honest, he doesn't NEED to put the shifts in he did a couple of years back.

As he ages, more and more he will become a box player and rely on sharp movement rather than out and out pace to find the net.

If the organisation of the counter press is good, he will only press when triggered by a bad touch or an identified weak player too to press

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Donut said:

To be honest, he doesn't NEED to put the shifts in he did a couple of years back.

As he ages, more and more he will become a box player and rely on sharp movement rather than out and out pace to find the net.

If the organisation of the counter press is good, he will only press when triggered by a bad touch or an identified weak player too to press

Which he did very well against Belgium

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I'm not saying you're blaming Vardy. To say it's like playing with 10 men is ridiculous though, that's why I disagreed with the original poster who said that.

Well yeah he can chase down defenders and win us a few throw ins that would end with us having possession in our own third. Of course its nothing against him but his recent England performances he has been a passenger.

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Who was better than him?

Cant call him a passenger in that game unless you think someone else in that game wasnt a passenger

And he was out best player, created our only chance

What? Don't be daft lol

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Nobody played well because they had clearly been told to avoid injuries and yellow cards. That was the main priority. Vardy worked hard but didn't have much impact. His performance wasn't really any better or worse than anybody else's.

Exactly. Cant call him a passenger if everyone was s***