Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

34 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

least surprising post of all time imho 

Tbf usually during tournaments it's "  lol omg we're so shit or i wish we had lost or we ought to bring them home now". It's nice not to have to read all the negative crap although it won't take much to change that.

22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Tbf usually during tournaments it's "  lol omg we're so shit or i wish we had lost or we ought to bring them home now". It's nice not to have to read all the negative crap although it won't take much to change that.

We’ve already got the “told you do” brigade lining up if we lose this. The ones who said we should have gone all out to win the group as we’d have ‘easily’ beaten Japan instead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We’ve already got the “told you do” brigade lining up if we lose this. The ones who said we should have gone all out to win the group as we’d have ‘easily’ beaten Japan instead. 

If these idiots think we'll struggle to beat Colombia, then they must think we'd also struggle against Brazil or Mexico in the quarters if we'd gone the other route. So wow, big deal, we would have got a round further. Worth it. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP

I'd class this as a 50/50 game usually, think it's probably 60/40 in our favour now with no James for them.

Panama/Tunisia/Colombia/Sweden/Switzerland though for a place in the World Cup Semi Finals, you can't ask for more.

On 29/06/2018 at 11:22, Footballwipe said:

To be fair, the hubris is annoying me somewhat, but how can you not get seduced into looking forward when it's Colombia then Sweden/Switzerland in your path? 2006 we/would've had Ecuador/Portugal/France and 2010 it was Germany/Argentina/Spain. We've never had a path that, on paper, looks so promising.

I'm more worried by Sweden than I am by Colombia at the minute, and I think we'll have trouble against them! Pessimism rules in World Cup football for some people.

I cannot even begin to imagine the anticipation in the country if we were in a semi final, I have butterflies even imagining it, would be incredible.

Don’t think about Sweden. Remember the old maxim, one game at a time (Wes Morgan in 2015/2016). Colombia is anyone’s game, a coin toss, as far as I can see. The whole team need to be on it: not like last night’s, don’t get out of second gear show. If we do anything like that we’re coming home next Wednesday. we are lacking a decent creative number 10 like Eden Hazard. Lingard is the nearest we have, Alli has been off most of the season and Sterling, well I’m not convinced by him with his final ball/ shot. 

Comfortable Columbia win, England are a lot worse than most of you think... Columbia’s game plan will be simple target the full backs get an early one into Falcao and then sit back, Sanchez will know all about Kane so there’s an advantage there for Columbia. The back three is shakey at best and put a decent attack in front of them and they will crumble. Plus Southgate is a womble so I can’t see any masterstokes being performed. 3-1 Columbia for me.. and tata England.  

WE beat two piss poor sides, lose to Belgium and suddenly we are going to destroy Columbia. I just have to snort at such lines of hyperbole.  How many England fans watching the match on Tuesday will be marching to Columbia’s tune?

This is not an easy match and we will have to be at our best to win it. What genuinely concerns me is that at the centre of our team beats a Spursy heart. Somewhere along the way they will bottle it.

• Like 2

Still so much negativity towards England. Just enjoy the tournament you fannies.

We're going about things the right way with a young squad, got through the group with a game to spare and there's 2 Leicester players involved- what more can you ask for? 

11 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Comfortable Columbia win, England are a lot worse than most of you think... Columbia’s game plan will be simple target the full backs get an early one into Falcao and then sit back, Sanchez will know all about Kane so there’s an advantage there for Columbia. The back three is shakey at best and put a decent attack in front of them and they will crumble. Plus Southgate is a womble so I can’t see any masterstokes being performed. 3-1 Columbia for me.. and tata England.  

Kane will know all about Sanchez so there's an advantage for England. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Kane will know all about Sanchez so there's an advantage for England. 

Plus Sanchez is absolutely crap, which is a massive bonus for us.

Can see this being a high-scoring game.

They're there for a reason, but struggle to understand how players like Delph, Lingard etc are highly-rated.

But have to admit, I'm starting to warm to Jordon Henderson; he does actually have a vital role that is not really recognised by some at times, such as covering both the defence and forward-line.

• Like 1