Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think you have discovered, as I did, that your correspondent is a wumming waste of oxygen.

The point at which he said to another poster 'you must be a Leicester fan' did it for me.

I should have learned and stopped responding after the initial exchange really.

Hopefully his Mum sends him out to play with the traffic tonight lol

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Same here.

My head actually thinks we will have a bit too much for them but there's the doubt in my mind telling me we will be fall foul of the two things that have plagued England at major tournaments during my lifetime, either terrible luck or totally failing to turn up.....that said there is still plenty of time for that to happen and us beat Colombia so fingers crossed. 

Bang on

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I really hope we can do it. It will be a crying shame if it is all over tomorrow. 

Just realized I'm in Scotland the weekend of the final.....

Imagine watching England in the World Cup Final.... in Scotland....:englandsmile4wf:

Wow, good luck if that happens. I saw the 1990 semi final in a pub in Scotland. It was not fun.

44 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

No my god by nature I am the most pessimistic person you will ever meet, I mean married twice engaged 4 times 5 kids with 3 different “ladies” and got a massively stressful job that doesn’t cover the bills and I’ve supported Leicester for 40 plus years

i am just strangely relaxed on this one, have no nerves and feel no fear, it’s a strange feeling but I think (not expect) that we might just pull this one off

Colombia are a decent team but I think we will beat them

If we do it won’t be the only thing that gets pulled off. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Fkin 2am  :)  If we had beaten Belgium, wouldve been 10pm lol

How the hell does that work? Japan Belgium was 7pm BST ko and so is England Columbia, the clocks ain't gone forward 4 hours so unless you've flown over to Hawaii overnight I have no idea what you're on about

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

No my god by nature I am the most pessimistic person you will ever meet, I mean married twice engaged 4 times 5 kids with 3 different “ladies” and got a massively stressful job that doesn’t cover the bills and I’ve supported Leicester for 40 plus years

i am just strangely relaxed on this one, have no nerves and feel no fear, it’s a strange feeling but I think (not expect) that we might just pull this one off

Colombia are a decent team but I think we will beat them

Jesus

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Wow, good luck if that happens. I saw the 1990 semi final in a pub in Scotland. It was not fun.

I watched Gazza destroy Scottish dreams in a room full of Scots in 1996 and it was glorious.

All of our subsequent tournament exits, not so much.

7 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

How the hell does that work? Japan Belgium was 7pm BST ko and so is England Columbia, the clocks ain't gone forward 4 hours so unless you've flown over to Hawaii overnight I have no idea what you're on about

Mustve misjudged.... Sweden v Switzerland is on now

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

I watched Gazza destroy Scottish dreams in a room full of Scots in 1996 and it was glorious.

That must have been great. Did you cheer? Or just silently revel in the moment?

8 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Yeah, I was with a few Scots that day as well. Had to apologise to a mate afterwards for phoning his answer machine (he lived with his parents) and leaving a 3 minute message that was nothing but abuse and curse words.

My brother idiotically went to an organised event, couple of 100 people, sit down food and loads of booze and lapped the entire area with his hands in the air when Gazza scored. The Scots mates he was there with had to put in a shift to stop him getting a real good hiding.

I stopped watching England games, even friendlies, in Scots pubs after that, just wasn't worth the hassle.

Edited by Max Wall

Just now, stripeyfox said:

Sank to my knees and shouted.

It was a work function, in Edinburgh, entertaining clients from around Edinburgh.

Probs lost us a bit of business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Had to cheer I imagine.

Being where I was didn't stop me, if anything, I celebrated even harder. I went bananas

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Yeah, I was with a few Scots that day as well. Had to apologise to a mate afterwards for phoning his answer machine (he lived with his parents) and leaving a 3 minute message that was nothing but abuse and curse words.

My brother idiotically went to an organised event, sit down food and loads of booze and lapped the entire area with his hands in the air when Gazza scored. The Scots mates he was there with had to put in a shift to stop him getting a real good hiding.

I stopped watching England games, even friendlies, in Scots pubs after that, just wasn't worth the hassle.

Now I’m getting on a bit, I’ll always watch at home, but I’ve watched most tournaments since the mid nineties in pubs in Scotland.

I know I’ll be in an unpopular minority here whenever England are playing, but it’s 99% banter, and it really doesn’t wind me up.

Although, saying that, I did get into a slight altercation after the 2002 exit, due to someone thinking that shouting in my face while I was on the phone after the match was fun and banter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I watched Scotland Germany in 2015 in a pub on Harris, cheering on Scotland and still got abuse. There were Germans in the pub loudly cheering on Germany that got a better welcome than me. My brother in law claims it's precisely because I was cheering on Scotland.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I watched Scotland Germany in 2015 in a pub on Harris, cheering on Scotland and still got abuse. There were Germans in the pub loudly cheering on Germany that got a better welcome than me. My brother in law claims it's precisely because I was cheering on Scotland.

No one makes me cringe quite as badly as the Scottish.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah, they don't like that.

Never fallen into that trap personally. I want everyone to beat them at everything. Football, rugby, curling, caber tossing, I don't care. That's what 30 years living up there did for me if I'm honest.  Slightly disagree with Vac, a lot of it is banter but there's also genuine nastiness to quite a bit of it. Maybe that is just the difference between Glasgow and the north, where I was.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

Think we will see the starting 11 that played the first 2 games.

Now is when you need to up your game a few gears,  and we will see how this younger side copes with that.

Im hoping they go out with no fear and attack from the off.

With my blue tinted specs on feel we will see more of Vardy when we are leading with 20 to go as teams will push up and allow him the space he craves to be ruthless.

Going for a 2-0 win tonight.

And a clean sheet for the back line to gain more confidence