Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This Belgium game just shows how tough it's going to be. Belgium look completely undercooked from playing two pub teams in Panama and Tunisia. Japan on the other hand look up for it having played three very competitive group matches. 

Belgium are managed by Roberto Martinez mind and are cramming attacking players into every position. So unbalanced. Carassco isn't a wing back.

56 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I just hope our game is as good as the Japan belguim game. 

I fuching don’t. We score 3 they score 0. That will do me. Straightforward win and no dramas. 

I was enough of a mess hoping Japan could do it. God knows what I’ll be like tomorrow. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

The way this game goes I think will be decided by how Colombia approach the game. If they consider themselves underdogs then they could approach it like Russia and Denmark sit back and keep it tight and hope they get something from a mistake or lapse in concentration. Or they take the Japan and Mexico approach and try and get at us from the start pressing and chasing from the front. I think both approaches would be effective against our back 3.

If they don’t consider themselves underdogs then they will just play their natural game, which is probably best for us.

Edited by Captain...

37 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The way this game goes I think will be decided by how Colombia approach the game.

They have trained with a defensive set-up and formation. 

Colombia for their great football, this current generation have failed to beat an 'elite' team, there's some big similarities with ourselves in that regard. 

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think you have to remember that papers rely on sales to survive, you've not going to sell many papers with a headline of "let's not get carried away".

But Harry Kane going "RARR?".

No need.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

This kind of thing is just massive, massive Hubris, waiting for Nemesis to take a run up and kick us right in the pods.

Or, say, boot a ball back into your face:

IMG_20180703_083026.thumb.jpg.ed27787a95984eafdb5629d0873ae976.jpg

(Full comic: https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/jun/29/david-squires-on-world-cup-cliques-germany-going-home-and-group-chat)

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think you have to remember that papers rely on sales to survive, you've not going to sell many papers with a headline of "let's not get carried away".

Very true. That's then something of an indictment on the hubris of the people buying those papers, I think.

On 01/07/2018 at 10:47, Wymeswold fox said:

But have to admit, I'm starting to warm to Jordon Henderson; he does actually have a vital role that is not really recognised by some at times, such as covering both the defence and forward-line.

That and being the only central midfielder we've got out there that should be anywhere near the team. Dier is Patrick Kisnorbo in disguise.

40 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Very true. That's then something of an indictment on the hubris of the people buying those papers, I think.

I don’t think that’s ever been in question, also is it any different to any other nation?

• Like 1