Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What a fantastic opportunity for England, our side of the draw looks far better than the other, we could and should find ourselves in the semi final! Let’s hope we take our chances.

Tomorrow will be very tricky. 

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Only question on the team sheet is whether Ali comes in for Loftus Cheek otherwise unchanged from the Panama game.

Throw Vardy and Rashford on if we’re behind with 20 left.

Not for me, and is he even fit after his injury? 

• Like 1

No easy game. Easiest half of the draw for sure but plenty of pitfalls to navigate. This is the best chance of reaching a final for every team in our side of the draw, they’ll all want it. 

Time for no fear and front foot football. If we go negative we go out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

You do know what that term means, right? Evidently not

Sounds like a question you should be asking yourself. A passenger is someone the rest of the team carry, not one who had a poor game overall but was still one of the better players for their side

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain... said:

For England it has been as no fvcker passes to him.

If you piss about with it in the middle  it gives the defence time to set up to nullify Vardy. You could say the same is happening to Sterling dynamic attacking  player banging in the goals for Man City who play quick attacking positive football. A few sideways passes and he has to check his run and try and find space again against a set defence.

Mate, swear all you like. Doesn't reinforce your point if I don't agree.

The point I disagreed with was that playing with Vardy is like playing with 10 men. That's a rank comment.

If you agree with that, fair enough, I don't. Nothing you say, however you say it, will change my mind.

That's what I said in response to the poster and I stand by it. It's a ridiculous statement.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Well yeah he can chase down defenders and win us a few throw ins that would end with us having possession in our own third. Of course its nothing against him but his recent England performances he has been a passenger.

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I wouldnt agree with that re. Belgium

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Must be a Leicester fan

Are you actually aware you are on Foxestalk?

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not for me, and is he even fit after his injury? 

I agree. Don't think Loftus-Cheek had his best game in the last outing but he is more solid than Alli and I think that's what will be needed tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

No easy game. Easiest half of the draw for sure but plenty of pitfalls to navigate. This is the best chance of reaching a final for every team in our side of the draw, they’ll all want it. 

Time for no fear and front foot football. If we go negative we go out. 

Sanity at last. 

We all want England to get through to the final and it is a great opportunity. Same applies to every one else in that half of the draw as you say. I know most people on here dgaf about the rest but imagine what Croatian and Russian fans are thinking right now. Just the same as us I imagine.

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Well yeah he can chase down defenders and win us a few throw ins that would end with us having possession in our own third. Of course its nothing against him but his recent England performances he has been a passenger.

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I wouldnt agree with that re. Belgium

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Must be a Leicester fan

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Are you actually aware you are on Foxestalk?

10 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Whats that?

It's a website for deluded Leicester fans like me to pontificate and complain.

Glad to have educated you.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Fantastic Max Wall, perhaps time to take the internet a little less serious.

lol

I don't mind taking advice mate but not from someone who says playing with Vardy is like playing with 10 men.

Best of luck to you though.

• Haha 2

This Belgium game just shows how tough it's going to be. Belgium look completely undercooked from playing two pub teams in Panama and Tunisia. Japan on the other hand look up for it having played three very competitive group matches.