Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

1 hour ago, murphy said:

As a fully paid up nerd, I love a nice graph, but surely that's upside down?

How come the numbers on the y-axis go down rather than up?

As the graph dips after April it corresponds to higher numbers of traffic.

Or am I just being thick?  (again).

It's the ranking of the traffic and not the amount of traffic generated, Murph lol the higher the better. the numbers 150k, 200k, 250k...etc signifies the rank of the site at a said moment of time.

30 minutes ago, the fox said:

It's the ranking of the traffic and not the amount of traffic generated, Murph lol the higher the better. the numbers 150k, 200k, 250k...etc signifies the rank of the site at a said moment of time.

Hey Fox 

Not seen you post for a while, wondered if you left with Mahrez, to offer your expertise on him with the citizens 

2 hours ago, KJT said:

On the positive side if he does sign for us, all of Iran will be watching Leicester games week in week out just to see their man play for a top English team, just as all Egyptians tune into Liverpool games to watch their favorite Mo Salah every week

I used to wake up at 4 am and watch Fulham games just to watch Dejagah. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aliparvin said:

I used to wake up at 4 am and watch Fulham games just to watch Dejagah. 

try 4 am to see azmoun play some russian farmers in the middle of butt**** nowhere through some crappy 2 pixel stream.

Regardless of where ARJ goes, at least we will be able to watch him on our TV's in high definition.

Edited by Inarsenewerust

1 hour ago, psychonaut said:

Its not a ‘loop hole’ if you ‘settle’ the contract you are not officially paying the wage because the contract which sets out the wage has been ripped up by your own definition. It doesnt exist anymore only a settlement figure has taken its place. Also a settlement by definition means an agreement by both parties so players are hardly going to bin themselves off unless they breach contract. Plus it makes zero sense financially for the club as its the termination of an asset which could be used to at least nullify some of the wage when moving the player onto another club. 

All in all I think the complexities of selling a player on a fvck ton of money a week which will never be matched by any interested party makes it a lot easier to loan them out and at least get a chunk of their wage paid.

If you cancel a contract thats a wage. It will count on your FFP as a wage paid. If you cancel a two year contract and pay it in full. That will count in that years FFP as a wage.

if it was as easy to get round as you say everyone would be doing it. Your so wrong ask the ITK abrasive fox has already agreed with me.

You really think when FFP was set up they did not think about this. Contracts with players are wages or bonus either way we fall foul.

If it was that easy we would have done it. The money is in place. £60m profit last season £10m trading this season. 

You don't think we would have exploited this if we could lol lol 

I really don't think some under stand FFP. It's so like F1 now financial and technical restraints. The financial side of a top flight side a club joining it. Is probably as much a problem as the playing side.

Balancing the books is probably harder than building a side.

We will all know the truth last week of the window. We want reported 16/18m for slim and musa. Watch us let them go for nothing so we can sign someone.

FFP is set out for the big boys so the likes of us can't get close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brucey said:

Pete O Rourke just repeats what others have said but several hours later. At least that's literally all he's done in the year or so I've followed him. I reckon he's only just heard of the Dutch reports.

Guys who are affiliated with ESPN still tend to verify rumors. I admittedly do not follow Po'R closely, but being slow is fine so long as he makes sure he's right when he does post.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The Mirror now reporting it finally. Brighton confident they will sign him over us. Pete O'Rourke on Twitter who's part of ESPN I think says he'll join Brighton tomorrow, he's usually quite reliable.

He isn’t.

hes been caught out on a few occasions, and since he was sacked by Sky he’s never been ITK

3 minutes ago, kylestyle06 said:

He isn’t.

hes been caught out on a few occasions, and since he was sacked by Sky he’s never been ITK

He's got several of our deals correct in the last year or so. He was the first to report Iheanacho was finally signing too. I know it could all be guess work but he's obviously got some clue.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf there hasnt been the usual sources mention anything about us getting him......so we have more than likely missed out and that

I think you will find the club have tightened up a lot. I've got very little info this window. I got good info on Ricardo but that was all from a local porto fan.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

I think you will find the club have tightened up a lot. I've got very little info this window. I got good info on Ricardo but that was all from a local porto fan.

Mate you must get about as little kip as me. What you doing man?

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Mate you must get about as little kip as me. What you doing man?

??? It's 9am but yes I sleep about 4hrs a day on average. Then about every two weeks I crash 1 day and sleep about 16hrs.

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

??? It's 9am but yes I sleep about 4hrs a day on average. Then about every two weeks I crash 1 day and sleep about 16hrs.

Seems like a plan. Anyway, we going to get our man do you think?  Personally I believe he will end up at Brighton. 

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

all depends on the target i guess, since our side might be quiet etc.......doesnt mean the other parties are, plus the club in general are crap at keeping anything quiet so it usually finds a way of coming out before hand most the time

FFP isn't even an issue IMO, we've sold a player for £60m and on our last accounts posted the largest profit in premier league history. So long as you fund your expenditure above the agreed amount by sales or other means (eg. HUGE profit from a champions league campaign) you are home and dry.

If we want to balance the books a little, it's because it's financially prudent to do so. Stock piling endless "talent" on huge wages is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

FFP isn't even an issue IMO, we've sold a player for £60m and on our last accounts posted the largest profit in premier league history. So long as you fund your expenditure above the agreed amount by sales or other means (eg. HUGE profit from a champions league campaign) you are home and dry.

If we want to balance the books a little, it's because it's financially prudent to do so. Stock piling endless "talent" on huge wages is a recipe for disaster.

It's the wage problem though. I'm relying on you to appease me as I'm just some thick neanderthal but you do your research. Can you find room for some more signings please in our wage structure?