Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

33 minutes ago, KJT said:

With got 48 pages on this guy and Brighton got 161 pages on him.

So this players agent or advisors or football club obviously think we both desperate to sign him and will eventually be laughing all the way to the bank, knowing that only us EPL clubs will pay around 25 to 30 million for players of his quality whereas other European clubs will pay half that amount.

They only have like 5 posts per page though. Its really annoying. 

• Like 1

On the positive side if he does sign for us, all of Iran will be watching Leicester games week in week out just to see their man play for a top English team, just as all Egyptians tune into Liverpool games to watch their favorite Mo Salah every week

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Don't believe the guy - he had Jonny Evans down as "not interested in signing for LCFC".

Fraud.

:D

Oh, and he can't spell Alireza.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, KJT said:

On the positive side if he does sign for us, all of Iran will be watching Leicester games week in week out just to see their man play for a top English team, just as all Egyptians tune into Liverpool games to watch their favorite Mo Salah every week

Yeah, this was probably my favourite thing about having Riyad to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Mirror now reporting it finally. Brighton confident they will sign him over us. Pete O'Rourke on Twitter who's part of ESPN I think says he'll join Brighton tomorrow, he's usually quite reliable.

Pete O Rourke just repeats what others have said but several hours later. At least that's literally all he's done in the year or so I've followed him. I reckon he's only just heard of the Dutch reports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

If you cancel rip up the contract you have to pay it up. So you've paid the wage. Clubs would be binning off players left right and centre if your loop hole existed.

Its not a ‘loop hole’ if you ‘settle’ the contract you are not officially paying the wage because the contract which sets out the wage has been ripped up by your own definition. It doesnt exist anymore only a settlement figure has taken its place. Also a settlement by definition means an agreement by both parties so players are hardly going to bin themselves off unless they breach contract. Plus it makes zero sense financially for the club as its the termination of an asset which could be used to at least nullify some of the wage when moving the player onto another club. 

All in all I think the complexities of selling a player on a fvck ton of money a week which will never be matched by any interested party makes it a lot easier to loan them out and at least get a chunk of their wage paid.

• Like 1