Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see where the money problem is? We have broken even so far. As far as FFP goes even with the huge squad we have, we will have funds available. It's simply there's a desire to move players on before we bring anymore in which could cause us problems this season.

Wages can only increase by 7m a season unless you can show an upturn in commercial revenue is paying for the extra wage, which we most certainly can't. That's about 140k a week. Mahrez and Huth off the wage bill but with improved contracts, possible rise clauses in contracts, and the signings there is unlikely to be much room for manoeuvre. 

Next year with Fuchs, Wes, Simpson, Shinji, Benny, and Leo out of contract, plus a possible change to STCC we should be fine.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Yes theres funds but theres no space in the wage gap - the mahrez money was spent on perreira, maddison and evans. We were already maxed out hence not making any signings last Jan bar Diabete.

Ulloa is on 50k a week and hes our sixth choice striker - we have big problems if we dont ship anymore out.

Aaaah I see. Then why the fcuk are we trying to get unrealistic transfer fees for Musa and Slimani. Just sell them for a lower price and job done. I'd rip up Ulloa, Benalouane and Simpson's contract if needs be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see where the money problem is? We have broken even so far. As far as FFP goes even with the huge squad we have, we will have funds available. It's simply there's a desire to move players on before we bring anymore in which could cause us problems this season.

If we can't ship players out we can't pay them. It don't matter what money we have we can only increase our wage bill by so much each year.

What do you expect when you have a director of football who basically hasn't a clue financially wise. He was the one who negotiated these contracts, I mean Ulloa was only offered a new contract last season why.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes theres funds but theres no space in the wage bill - the mahrez money was spent on perreira, maddison and evans. We were already maxed out hence not making any signings last Jan bar Diabete.

Ulloa is on 50k a week and hes our sixth choice striker - we have big problems if we dont ship anymore out.

How are we meant to negotiate new contracts for Maguire and Vardy this summer if there is already no leeway?

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Wages can only increase by 7m a season unless you can show an upturn in commercial revenue is paying for the extra wage, which we most certainly can't. That's about 140k a week. Mahrez and Huth off the wage bill but with improved contracts, possible rise clauses in contracts, and the signings there is unlikely to be much room for manoeuvre. 

Next year with Fuchs, Wes, Simpson, Shinji, Benny, and Leo out of contract, plus a possible change to STCC we should be fine.

How are West Ham doing it this summer then? 

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I literally am at the point where I'd wish they'd all **** off. What idiots we were giving these guys big money. We paid them to do a job, they did it, we gave them a BMW and they got an EPL winners medal, why the need to give everyone astronomical rises. Bunch of money grabbers just rinsing us now but it's the fault of the owners. 

Edited by SecretPro

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rip up Ulloa, Benalouane and Simpson's contract if needs be. 

You cant rip up contracts we would have to pay them up. So we would be 3 players down and still not able to sign because of wages.

Just now, sylofox said:

You cant rip up contracts we would have to pay them up. So we would be 3 players down and still not able to sign because of wages.

That's what I mean, pay them up. It would be no different if we were to sell them and fund part of it. Use the Musa money to pay them all off and that's 4 dog shit players gone and probably £200,000 a week saved. NEXT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Revenue uplift you'd imagine. We obviously haven't got that because ours is going to have plummeted in the last year.

Yeah because instead of pushing buttons when we won the prem we just let ourselves stagnate and return to obscurity. Criminal really, horrifically short sighted and it's shafted us on and off the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

What do you expect when you have a director of football who basically hasn't a clue financially wise. He was the one who negotiated these contracts, I mean Ulloa was only offered a new contract last season why.

James 4 or 5 year extension also seemed a bit excessive 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

That's what I mean, pay them up. It would be no different if we were to sell them and fund part of it. Use the Musa money to pay them all off and that's 4 dog shit players gone and probably £200,000 a week saved. NEXT

If you pay them up you have still spent the wage. So you still have no room for more wages. Our only choice is sell or let the negotiate free transfers.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

We should be accepting bids for what is absolute deadwood then instead of turning offers away because of what we think we should be getting. I mean **** me, imagine turning down £12m for Musa. 

Did we really though or is it just more media crap that the gullible are swallowing?  Or if true, could it be that the management team are aware of potential higher offers in the pipeline? With weeks left in the market is it sensible to bite the hand off at the first offer? 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

If you pay them up you have still spent the wage. So you still have no room for more wages. Our only choice is sell or let the negotiate free transfers.

Ok, you let them go on free transfers to clubs and the money they'd have paid for transfer fees they can give the players as signing on fees to offset these wages. 

Anyway, I'm not having it. Mahrez was on £100,000 a week and Huth £50,000 a week. Add that to £7m and it's nearly £300,000 a week. 

Evans, Pereira and Maddison would be on £200,000 combined maximum a week. If Ward is on £40,000 I'd be surprised so that leaves over £60,000 a week before we've even gotten rid of anyone. 

Maguire, Ndidi and Vardy's new deals may well be causing this problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Settling a contract has nothing to do with paying wages, its not the same thing. If the wage bill is the issue removing the contracts would eliminate parts of that side of the book. 

Never been bothered about this guy tbh. "New Salah"? Give me a break. What I'm more bothered about is the spider-web of a wage structure that we got caught in. The problem developed in front of everyone's eyes. What a mess.

• Like 2

I get the impression we’re not after another right winger. We always read how Puel likes attacking full backs so I guess he’s happy with Chilwell/Ricardo providing width. When it doesn’t work we’ll be in trouble though.

• Like 1

back for a minute.

still personally think he would fit great in leicester with front three of Gray------Vardy------ARJ, with Iheanacho  in behind, silva and ndidi in defensive mid roles, and excellent combos down right with perreira. Leicester's style in general would suit his football.

BUT, part of going to brighton could be uncertainty with Puel. I personally rate him, but if all of you guys have issues with him, I would take your word for it. I know one thing, ARJ is very calculated and smart in all career decisions hes made so far. It would not be good for him to move to a team where the manager, by many of your own admissions, could get the sack within 2-3 months. Newcomer to the team and league, a big step up, and then managerial changes does not really promote success, in addition to the obvious pressure of having to replace a top player like Mahrez.

Brighton have made some quality moves this window, bissouma is an excellent, young, physical, and technical mid from Lille (very reminscent of pogba), spent 20 mil on him. Bernardo is very full back as well, good money spent to get him from Leipzieg. they also have a solid CB pairing in duffy and Dunk, both wanted by bigger clubs, and have players with champions league quality, like Izqueirdo on the other wing, not as much pressure there as would be with leicester, very nice city, and automatically there star man.

I think there are pluses and minuses to both moves for him. If there are more assurances about Puel's future and his specific role and requests in the team, I would lean towards the foxes, but if it seems like the manager's situation is up in the air and there isnt a clear plan for the future, brighton becomes more attractive.

Still dont know where this one will end up, but leaning towards brighton atm.

and btw, leicester's interest is real. All the signs point to that, and the fact that now malcom is out of the picture, and ARJ's agent and brother both started following BOTH leicester and brighton on instagram a couple weeks back...

Edited by Inarsenewerust
  • Like 1