Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Guest ttfn

That is such a poor penalty from Aguero. 

Not only is it not in the corner, not struck firmly and at the perfect height for the keeper, he telegraphed which way he was going to kick it.

The BBC live text described it as a “brilliant save”. Had he not saved it it would have been an absolute shocker.

Just now, ttfn said:

Not only is it not in the corner, not struck firmly and at the perfect height for the keeper, he telegraphed which way he was going to kick it.

The BBC live text described it as a “brilliant save”. Had he not saved it it would have been an absolute shocker.

Pretty much. Surprisingly poor. Expect him to find a corner. 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Imagine the meltdown on the ManCity forum if Riyad took it.

Edit: I'm having a hard time recognizing Mahrez. He plays extremely safe and almost never tries to take on his FB.

Edited by That_Dude

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Imagine the meltdown on the ManCity forum if Riyad took it.

Edit: I'm having a hard time recognizing Mahrez. He plays extremely safe and almost never tries to take on his FB.

It depends on the tactics from Pep. 

He often plays like that when the instruction is safety first. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Most definitely. That and sticking out wide, systematically hugging the touch line. I'm also noticing the lack of support when he gets the ball.

I don't think it was a penalty, they are basically saying defenders cannot make attempts to block unless they stood directly in front of the striker because it's impossible to slide Infront without your arms being in the air somewhere. But it's Rose and Spurs so **** em. 

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Most definitely. That and sticking out wide, systematically hugging the touch line. I'm also noticing the lack of support when he gets the ball.

Almost the entire Man City team is under orders to hoist it back to the centre backs when they're under pressure, they always do it. They rarely turn out unless they're in real space. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

it’s why he’s started him tonight. man city are perfectly happy with 0-0 and riyad is much better defensively than sane. 

if they go behind or need to go much more attacking, they can bring sane on. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

it’s why he’s started him tonight. man city are perfectly happy with 0-0 and riyad is much better defensively than sane. 

if they go behind or need to go much more attacking, they can bring sane on. 

One of the areas he has massively improved on, we certainly wouldn’t be saying Riyad was in the team for his defensive responsibility a few years ago 

Just now, jammie82uk said:

One of the areas he has massively improved on, we certainly wouldn’t be saying Riyad was in the team for his defensive responsibility a few years ago 

He ran and dropped back more than he was given credit for. He was just shit at defending.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ttfn said:

All true, terrible penalty, maybe he thought i'll telegraph this so much the goalkeeper will think i'm bluffing..:D