Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

28 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

That's what I'm saying the booing was directed at MON and he never forgot it.

The chant , albeit only among the people around me in the kop, was for Muzzy when he came on as a substitute.

I remember what I heard.

This is how I heard it and I was there on the day it was at its loudest. Didn’t MON say someone had spat at him too, going into the tunnel?

I'm a big fan of Nacho, maybe I'm not a great judge of a player, I don't know but I've seen the goals he's scored for us and they are all the goals of a striker who knows where the onion bag is - in the corners high and low. When you see the goals he scored before he joined us, again the same.

The man needs to be supplied the chances though, he needs regular games and he's clearly a confidence player. I don't think our attacking midfielders are good enough to supply a loan striker, it's the striker that suffers and I think Nacho gets more of a hard time from fans because he doesn't do as much running as Vardy, but that doesn't mean he's any worse a player. If we are to play 4-2-3-1 then I think we've really got to improve the likes of Gray and Albrighton, I'd also like to see us play with just 1 holding MF (diamond) with a 2nd striker, then I think you'll see the best from Nacho imo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm a big fan of Nacho, maybe I'm not a great judge of a player, I don't know but I've seen the goals he's scored for us and they are all the goals of a striker who knows where the onion bag is - in the corners high and low. When you see the goals he scored before he joined us, again the same.

The man needs to be supplied the chances though, he needs regular games and he's clearly a confidence player. I don't think our attacking midfielders are good enough to supply a loan striker, it's the striker that suffers and I think Nacho gets more of a hard time from fans because he doesn't do as much running as Vardy, but that doesn't mean he's any worse a player. If we are to play 4-2-3-1 then I think we've really got to improve the likes of Gray and Albrighton, I'd also like to see us play with just 1 holding MF (diamond) with a 2nd striker, then I think you'll see the best from Nacho imo.

I’ve said before, this isn’t Mickey Mouse football. It’s a points business and a ruthless sport.

Chances missed are crucial to any clubs success or demise.

I don’t watch Iheanacho and see a player who can ably deputise for Vardy either when off-form or injured...and we know that Shinji doesn’t score many.

The club needs to spend money on a proven striker who more often than not WILL hit the onion bag. And the better strikers often make their own chances.. they don’t always rely on it on a plate.

The club look to have squandered such a huge amount of money on never replacing Vardy with the next clear striker at the club.

Musa, Slim, Nacho... over 65 million quid and none of them are quality. 

In the sober light of day, it’s quite amazing really.

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Unfortunately strikers are judged on goals , for you to say just because he doesn’t run like Vardy he isn’t a worse player is ludicrous.

He has about 4 league goals in 40 appearances in the league.

I don’t see any transfer rumours about him because his not good enough for top clubs, and his on too high a wage for smaller clubs.

He very rarely makes an impact from the bench, and when he started he hasn’t looked great in recent months.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Unfortunately strikers are judged on goals , for you to say just because he doesn’t run like Vardy he isn’t a worse player is ludicrous.

He has about 4 league goals in 40 appearances in the league.

I don’t see any transfer rumours about him because his not good enough for top clubs, and his on too high a wage for smaller clubs.

He very rarely makes an impact from the bench, and when he started he hasn’t looked great in recent months.

Spot on. I don’t know the actual stats but 4 goals in 40 league appearances is not Premiership quality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

He would benefit from being in a set up that has 2 strikers or just behind a lone striker  like last season. 

Vardy has played, and succeeded, both with and without strike partners. 

This is why Kelechi isn't cutting the mustard. Too many excuses. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Vardy has played, and succeeded, both with and without strike partners. 

This is why Kelechi isn't cutting the mustard. Too many excuses. 

We have to get the best of him because he isn't going nowhere. No-ones taking him off our hands on his wages so we need to play to his strengths or not play him. I'd be tempted to sit Maddison in the middle and Nacho no.10. ( or even better sit a certain Mr Barnes at no10.

He's no vardy , your damn right there. 

Whilst he's no doubt been underwhelming for us, saying he has "4 goals in about 40 appearances" is a little misleading, no? He's come off the bench more often than not, in some tricky situations. Surely goals per minute would be a more reasonable stat to churn out?

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

Whilst he's no doubt been underwhelming for us, saying he has "4 goals in about 40 appearances" is a little misleading, no? He's come off the bench more often than not, in some tricky situations. Surely goals per minute would be a more reasonable stat to churn out?

893 minutes this season apparently

He did really well in pre-season as well but just wasn't rewarded, I know we say all players should give 100% all of the time but that's not reality in the real world. Kelechi needed to start games after pre-season but with Puel that would mean dropping Vardy.

There have been some magnificent strikers that haven't run all over the place, that some have said were lazy but have converted the majority of opportunities, it would be interesting to see a chances converted stat on Nacho in comparison to Vardy or Okazaki.

Nacho isn't the first player that's suffered by not getting game time, I think Kramaric was in a similar position, he also didn't get incoming bids but has done alright since leaving.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve said before, this isn’t Mickey Mouse football. It’s a points business and a ruthless sport.

Chances missed are crucial to any clubs success or demise.

I don’t watch Iheanacho and see a player who can ably deputise for Vardy either when off-form or injured...and we know that Shinji doesn’t score many.

The club needs to spend money on a proven striker who more often than not WILL hit the onion bag. And the better strikers often make their own chances.. they don’t always rely on it on a plate.

The club look to have squandered such a huge amount of money on never replacing Vardy with the next clear striker at the club.

Musa, Slim, Nacho... over 65 million quid and none of them are quality. 

In the sober light of day, it’s quite amazing really.

What’s JET up to nowadays?

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He did really well in pre-season as well but just wasn't rewarded, I know we say all players should give 100% all of the time but that's not reality in the real world. Kelechi needed to start games after pre-season but with Puel that would mean dropping Vardy.

There have been some magnificent strikers that haven't run all over the place, that some have said were lazy but have converted the majority of opportunities, it would be interesting to see a chances converted stat on Nacho in comparison to Vardy or Okazaki.

Nacho isn't the first player that's suffered by not getting game time, I think Kramaric was in a similar position, he also didn't get incoming bids but has done alright since leaving.

Comparing Krama with Iheanacho is like comparing a diamond with a turd. Unfortunately the Diamond didn’t fit in with our formation and left. The turd on the other hand comes on and stinks the whole place out with his lack of effort, skill and ability. 

Kramaric will get a move to a big club in the summer, Iheanacho will probably end up in China.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Comparing Krama with Iheanacho is like comparing a diamond with a turd. Unfortunately the Diamond didn’t fit in with our formation and left. The turd on the other hand comes on and stinks the whole place out with his lack of effort, skill and ability. 

Kramaric will get a move to a big club in the summer, Iheanacho will probably end up in China.

So you're not a fan of Nacho then?

You're right though, the comparison was unfair, Kramaric had had 4 years more football experience than Nacho has had up to date now. try watching some videos of Nachos goals and tell me there isn't a very talented striker there. If he gets into a team that provides chances, he will score a lot imo.

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

, it would be interesting to see a chances converted stat on Nacho in comparison to Vardy or Okazaki.

This season in the league:

Vardy: 34 shots, 6 goals - 17.6% conversion rate (9.7% excluding penalties)

Iheanacho: 14 shots, 1 goal - 7% conversion rate

Okazaki: 4 shots, 0 goals - 0% conversion rate

Since Iheanacho arrived:

Vardy: 105 shots, 26 goals: 24.76% conversion rate

Iheanacho: 43 shots, 4 goals: 9.3% conversion rate

Okazaki: 32 shots, 6 goals: 18.75% conversion rate

So, well behind since arriving although Okazaki is propped up by the start of last season, although this season he's been not far behind Vardy when compared like with like (since he doesn't get to take penalties/ 

• Thanks 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

So you're not a fan of Nacho then?

You're right though, the comparison was unfair, Kramaric had had 4 years more football experience than Nacho has had up to date now. try watching some videos of Nachos goals and tell me there isn't a very talented striker there. If he gets into a team that provides chances, he will score a lot imo.

I’ve actually got an Iheanacho tattoo.

I said when we signed him I was worried as he only scored tap ins for City.

He might come good but I can’t see it here.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Since Iheanacho arrived:

So, well behind since arriving although Okazaki is propped up by the start of last season, although this season he's been not far behind Vardy when compared like with like (since he doesn't get to take penalties/ 

4 shots for Shinji ?????

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

This is quite disrespectful and it's amazing how much English fans bullshit players .. I have watched nacho since he was a kid in Nigeria.. He was never a striker.. Nacho was a deep lying play maker who later became the no 10 for the Nigerian u-17 team who later won the fifa junior world cup then in their time where nacho finished player of the tournament with the second most goals and the most assists... See?.. Most assist 

Then came man city 

They converted him to a striker but you can still see it in his play..hes a no10..not a no9...look at the assists he has been giving since joining leceister.. He's a very good passer and he's still only 22 or 23? ...please stop booing the poor boy.. He has always from time been a confidence player and plays his best ball when he's cheerful... About his work rate.. Most of you are judging based on what you heard or how it seems like he is always jogging on the pitch.. The way he moves for the ball seems lazy but that the way he has been from time... He is not the Aguero.. Vardy fast paced type of striker.. He is the benzema giroud slow paced.. Searching for the pass than the goal type of striker... Oh by the way.. He also has crazy finishing.. And when he was at man city where the chances where always created for him.. He had the best minutes per goal in the league alongside guess who?  .Aguero 

Edited by Wilfcho
Typographical error
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Since Iheanacho arrived:

This can be little misleading as he hasn't had that much game compared to Vardy and I think he's scored in some cup competitions, pre-season and U23's, he's also still very young. I'd have him out on loan for sure.

1 minute ago, Wilfcho said:

This is quite disrespectful and it's amazing how much English fans bullshit players .. I have watched nacho since he was a kid in Nigeria.. He was never a striker.. Nacho was a deep lying play maker who later became the no 10 for the Nigerian u-17 team who later woman the fifa junior world cup then in their time where nacho finished player of the tournament with the second most goals and the most assists... See?.. Most assist 

Then came man city 

They converted him to a striker but you can still see it in his play..hes a no10..not a no9...look at the assists he has been giving since joining leceister.. He's a very good passer and he's still only 22 or 23? ...please stop booing the poor boy.. He has always from time been a confidence player and plays his best ball when he's cheerful... About his work rate.. Most of you are judging based on what you heard or how it seems like he is always jogging on the pitch.. The way he moves for the ball seems lazy but that the way he has been from time... He is not the Aguero.. Vardy fast paced type of striker.. He is the benzema giroud slow paced.. Searching for the pass than the goal type of striker... Oh by the way.. He also has crazy finishing.. And when he was at man city where the chances where always created for him.. He had the best minutes per goal in the league alongside guess who?  .Aguero 

That backs up everything I’ve been saying, the bloke isn’t a premier league striker.

4 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

This is quite disrespectful and it's amazing how much English fans bullshit players .. I have watched nacho since he was a kid in Nigeria.. He was never a striker.. Nacho was a deep lying play maker who later became the no 10 for the Nigerian u-17 team who later woman the fifa junior world cup then in their time where nacho finished player of the tournament with the second most goals and the most assists... See?.. Most assist 

Then came man city 

For me I think he has strikers instinct, when you see his goals they're always in the corners, but you're right about his assists, I thought he played really well with Vardy if that partnership were left to develop.

He's 22 with is birthday in October.

He can't play up top on his own because he lacks mobility and endeavour, but as a partner for Vardy I'm sure he would be much more effective (as in the second half away v Brighton). He's a good finisher but that one-on-one miss early on at Fulham seems to have eroded his confidence.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

So, 4 goals in 39 appearances - 23 off the bench and the equivalent of 18.5 full games in terms of minutes (1666 total). Equivalent of 8 goals a season given a full 90 minutes week in week out. Not fantastic but not as bad as the "4 in 40" headline

Where is the headline ??

I put appearances as he had scored 4 goals in 39 appearances as opposed to writing games like he has played full games.

Not sure what you’re missing