Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

11 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

He is shocking.Does not make any runs and no movement.A real lack of ideas and pace.Good job we have the sell back clause.??

Yeah, I bet Man City can't wait to activate that in January. 

Edited by CollinsLCFC
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Obviously his form is bloody frustrating, but what happened to this 'Leicester City family' thing that was being talked about just a few weeks ago? Some people just don't get it. While he's a City player I won't jeer bloke, why would any of us.

Excellent point!

we are supposed to be a club that supports our “own” particularly in recent weeks. Amazing how that support has been quickly lost, on at least one of our players by a good percentage of fans.

doesnt surprise me

Over the past few games that Nacho has played, he's been getting more and more visibly frustrated, and with Maddison dropping deep more often than not, Kelechi has found himself with no support. We can see that he can't play as a lone striker, yet Puel keeps shoehorning him into that position. If it's a tactical issue, either the system gets tweaked to get the best out of him, or he moves on to greener pastures. It's as simple as that. If it's an attitude problem, Claude will sort him out or ship him off. Maybe it's a little bit of both. I still believe he'll come good though, but that's just me.

Edited by Keiriel

13 hours ago, Sampson said:

People are using the same arguments for him they used to for Beckford despite it being so obvious he wasn't good enough  - "he only appears to be shit, because we don't build the side round him and put it on a plate for him".

He's never shown anything like being good enough to earn the right to have all 10 other players being built around giving him service. Man City fans all told us he can't control a football and has no first touch and that he's lazy and a goal poacher you have to put it on a plate for - that's nothing to do with lack of confidence or not being in the right system, it's the player he is.

Now, if he'd shown he was good enough, maybe we could afford him that luxury, but he hasn't shown anything like it.

If anything, he's been incredibly lucky to be given so many chances when he's constantly been undeservedly picked ahead of Okazaki or Maddison despite never showing any glimpses those players have. If he hadn't cost £25mil based on a few sub appearances for Man City, he'd have been playing for the U23s ages ago and we'd have forgotten him and no one would've batted an eyelid given his level of performances have shown he obviously isn't good enough for this level.

Brutal but I pretty much entirely agree with this.

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

For anyone who needs to see how wrong our fans get it, just go back to any of the threads about Vardy in his first year here. 

1) Its not his first year.

2) He has regressed since being here.

3) He is so lazy, something vardy has never been.

4) He has no footballing brain, that much is evident.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

1) Its not his first year.

2) He has regressed since being here.

3) He is so lazy, something vardy has never been.

4) He has no footballing brain, that much is evident.

1) I never said it was his first year, i was simply pointing out how much our fans get it wrong and love to abuse a player 

2) Vardy has got worse under this system too, the way we play isnt helping any lone striker 

3) I seem to remember Vardy stopped running as much, chasing down and showing anywhere near the same effort in Ranieris second season. 

4) Saying he has no footballing brain is just basically summing up what im talking about. We always seem to, as a fanbase, target a player and come out with terms like this. 

Like i said it won't be the first or last time a player proves our moronic fanbase wrong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

1) I never said it was his first year, i was simply pointing out how much our fans get it wrong and love to abuse a player 

2) Vardy has got worse under this system too, the way we play isnt helping any lone striker 

3) I seem to remember Vardy stopped running as much, chasing down and showing anywhere near the same effort in Ranieris second season. 

4) Saying he has no footballing brain is just basically summing up what im talking about. We always seem to, as a fanbase, target a player and come out with terms like this. 

Like i said it won't be the first or last time a player proves our moronic fanbase wrong.

or perhaps It won't be a time a player proves our moronic fanbase wrong

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Amount of apologists in this thread is quite astounding, he's offered nothing at all since joining over a season ago to justify any sort of belief he'll come good. Literally has nothing going for him physically, mentally, technically. We can't get rid soon enough.

This.

I would like to add...

The amount of apologists on this FORUM is quite astounding.

• Like 2

Guadiola has 'praised Garcia for preventing Iheanacho from making any impact on Tuesday'. Tamed by a rookie 17yr old, about sums him up really. Half the time he appears as if he isn't concentrating and in his own little world. Quite often, when it's requiring of a centre forward to make a run from the half way line or even a dash into the box, he's overtaken by our midfielders, suggesting either he's lazy or doesn't even see the opportunities or have the ability to read the play. The latter, if true, cannot really be taught as it is perhaps more based on natural instinct. 

17 hours ago, pleatout said:

So having the ball at his feet 14 yards from goal and having no clue what to do with it, fannying about until 5 Man City  defenders eventually worried him enough for him to panic and give the ball away.

Sorry, I'd love him to come good, I backed him to be leading prem scorer this season.  I wont boo him but when a player has a ball passed straight to them and they run behind the defender to get out of the way of the ball, nope you're not for me.

I dont think Puel has any option other than to play him.  I dont mind if the game doesnt suit him, but please look as though you're bothered.

Yep, he’s a player that just expects to tap the ball into the net without much effort. But then we’re playing him in a role that means he needs to do more than that, which he can’t do at all. Which is why we should have kept Slimani, who at least brings certain qualities. 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

For anyone who needs to see how wrong our fans get it, just go back to any of the threads about Vardy in his first year here. 

If you think he's going to morph into a Vardy then you are very much mistaken.

I personally don't think he wants to be here and has got a chip on his shoulder about being sold/surplus to requirements by man city. It's what happens to young lads that get used by the big clubs. Needs to realise that if he wants to make it as a footballer, it's not going to be handed to him on a plate. He's kind of like the opposite to vardy who puts his heart and soul into it.

Summed it up on Tuesday night when Choudhary came forward from his defensive midfield job to successfully press the Man City defence when they were in possession - passing Nacho on his way.  To be honest I don't care whether his first touch is non-existent or if he can't finish as long as he looks like he's trying and working for the team because that alone will create chances for others.  The number of times the ball is played to him when he's ambling back from, or already in, an off-side position is astounding. 

• Like 2

He is not an out & out striker, needs a big centre forward to feed off or play behind. The lad looks distraught and clueless if I’m honest, no confidence for someone who in the past has been a clinical finisher. Get a goal scoring striker (if their is one around) in the January window, loan Iheanacho out to a Championship team and hopefully he will bag a few goals and come back buzzing... :scarf: