Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So let me get this straight.

People GENUINELY believe that booing players motivates them to play better?

:blink:

Not a single person has said that.

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Personally never been into booing the players or manager.

Remember being at Filbo when O'Neill was having a rough time,

he brought on this little skinny kid with legs like match sticks, the fans started booing... I didn't.

The kid's name was Muzzy Izzet.

The booing was for the player coming off not Muzzy.

10 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Thats not booing, thats chanting, ive not heard any bad chanting for any Leicester player

There was booing and chanting … remember being shocked at the time.

Martin O'Neill never forgot that.

The match was on 30 March 1996 and we lost 2-0 to Sheffield United. 

6 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

I seem to be the only person that thought the booing was aimed at the board and lack off money spent . At the end of the game only a few 100 stayed back to protest and over time this as been made out to be the whole ground . In fact one of my friends was in the group invited to the board room afterward to air their views . He let O'Neil know that most of the protesting was aimed at the board and not him .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

So he came on, showed for the ball regularly, had more good touches in 20 minutes than Vardy did all game, and gets slated again... Christ this place is absurd

But never ever looked like scoring which is a problem when you’re a striker

27 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

That's very different to how I remember that.

The booing and chanting was aimed at MON. Not once did i hear any chants or booing of the players.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

That's very different to how I remember that.

The booing and chanting was aimed at MON. Not once did i hear any chants or booing of the players.

That's what I'm saying the booing was directed at MON and he never forgot it.

The chant , albeit only among the people around me in the kop, was for Muzzy when he came on as a substitute.

I remember what I heard.

Just now, RODNEY FERNIO said:

That's what I'm saying the booing was directed at MON and he never forgot it.

The chant , albeit only among the people around me in the kop, was for Muzzy when he came on as a substitute.

I remember what I heard.

Well, Thankfully you were surrounded by muppets that only a few people heard! I was also in the Kop and didn't hear anything. Was that Muzzy's debut? 

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Well, Thankfully you were surrounded by muppets that only a few people heard! I was also in the Kop and didn't hear anything. Was that Muzzy's debut? 

Think it was his debut … can't remember seeing him before and we used to go to most of the away matches in those days.

Just looked at the attendance only 15,000 and most of them seem to be around that mark in the 1995/96 season.

8 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Think it was his debut … can't remember seeing him before and we used to go to most of the away matches in those days.

Just looked at the attendance only 15,000 and most of them seem to be around that mark in the 1995/96 season.

I think it was his debut too - I'd find it difficult to believe anyone that seen him play even for 5 minutes would ever boo Muzzy!! But then I found the booing for MON bizarre (we used to go down in a group of 6 and one of the lads did boo - needless to say he never was allowed to forget that!).

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/oneill-reward-for-self-belief-1346935.html

This was an interesting read I've just found whilst trying to find if it was Muzzy's debut.