Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

I am surprised how patient some of our fans are toward some of our players.

This isn’t Mickey Mouse football. This is a results business. We had a very good opportunity to progress in the cup this week and would have encountered Burton in the semis. 

The fact that we fielded a. A weakened side and b. A completely off-form striker, is probably the reason why we won’t get to Wembley again this season. Imagine what that would have done for us as a club and for us as fans. 

The fact that we have to play a very average striker when Vardy needs resting is not acceptable imo. Especially given the success we have had over recent years and the money we’ve made and, unfortunately, wasted. 

This will be the difference between looking back on the season when the club probably made a cup final and now looking back at a season that most probably will fizzle out into nothingness.

Puel feeling compelled to bring off Nacho and to replace him with no recognised striker is piss poor imo. It effectively meant that the second half which we pretty much dominated was always going to drift away into penalties.

These things matter. No one is going to tell me that we wouldn’t have been better off in that situation by bringing on a player like Ulloa. He’d have given us at least a different dimension.

Having just two recognised strikers at a Prem club, one older and prone to injury, the other devoid of any confidence is just barmy.

• Like 4

On 19/12/2018 at 09:12, maddog said:

He's totally brain dead, being offside from goalkicks is just so lazy, I'm not convinced he even knows the rules of football. 

Big wages, long contract, brainless joke. If someone wants him for 15 million now sell in January and take the hit. 

You're aware that you can't be offside from a goalkick?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

This isn’t Mickey Mouse football. This is a results business. We had a very good opportunity to progress in the cup this week and would have encountered Burton in the semis. 

The fact that we fielded a. A weakened side and b. A completely off-form striker, is probably the reason why we won’t get to Wembley again this season. Imagine what that would have done for us as a club and for us as fans. 

The fact that we have to play a very average striker when Vardy needs resting is not acceptable imo. Especially given the success we have had over recent years and the money we’ve made and, unfortunately, wasted. 

This will be the difference between looking back on the season when the club probably made a cup final and now looking back at a season that most probably will fizzle out into nothingness.

Puel feeling compelled to bring off Nacho and to replace him with no recognised striker is piss poor imo. It effectively meant that the second half which we pretty much dominated was always going to drift away into penalties.

These things matter. No one is going to tell me that we wouldn’t have been better off in that situation by bringing on a player like Ulloa. He’d have given us at least a different dimension.

Having just two recognised strikers at a Prem club, one older and prone to injury, the other devoid of any confidence is just barmy.

Great post and I agree 100% with every point except Puel bringing Nacho off. He was having little or no impact, he looked uninterested and lazy, and by bringing on someone fresh at least provided some fight, even if they weren't going to be match changers. It was obvious to me Nacho was not a match changer either.

The money we have wasted since our title win is nothing short of criminal. I'm sure Puel, given time, addresses these problems as soon as he can get rid of the deadwood we have around the club. But it will take time, whoever is the manager.

We have three strikers, Okazaki and Iheanacho are both strikers last time I checked. It was only here that Okazaki played the deep lying role, he was a 9 in the Bundeliga and was scoring 15 goals a season. I think we should stop pretending he isn't.

The issue isn't the number of strikers, it's that two of them are effectively useless. Thankfully we get to move one of them on in the summer.

• Like 2

Some good points, though I didn't personally mind Puel bringing Pereira off for Nacho who was contributing absolutely bugger all to the game yet again! Pereira was likely to pile on a bit more pressure and, although I don't see Gray as a striker necessarily,  he was more likely to get into a potential goal scoring position than lazy boy.

I do agree with you about Ulloa. Whatever he was or wasn't I always felt he gave of his best and gave opposing defences something tangible to think about. With a 17yrs old defender and the mistake prone Otamendi, he would have been a completely different problem for them with Albrighton pinging some crosses in.

Personally I didn't see it as too much of a weakened side and thought Choudhury and Soyuncu were worth their inclusion. I'm surmising that they're being really cautious with Vardys groin problem and have to trust them to manage that or we could lose him for 6 weeks. Evans was suspended and perhaps playing every game is taking it's toll on Wes?  Some people keep crying out for Iborra and so we yet again got to see how poor he was (Mendy I read somewhere has been playing with a bit of a knock lately). I don't think it's always necessary tactically to start with your supposedly recognised best 11 and then bring other types of player into the fray later on over the 90 minutes. Ferguson was a past master of this away in Europe over the years where he'd set up to contain and then try and snatch a goal in the second half (given that he had better players of course). I thought it was worth the try and could of worked had we not offered such powder puff penalties at the end which were shocking.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Great post and I agree 100% with every point except Puel bringing Nacho off. He was having little or no impact, he looked uninterested and lazy, and by bringing on someone fresh at least provided some fight, even if they weren't going to be match changers. It was obvious to me Nacho was not a match changer either.

The money we have wasted since our title win is nothing short of criminal. I'm sure Puel, given time, addresses these problems as soon as he can get rid of the deadwood we have around the club. But it will take time, whoever is the manager.

Cheers but what I was saying (obviously not very clearly) is it was piss poor not being able to replace Nacho with another recognised out and out striker.

Nacho needed to come off. But we had such a lack of strength in depth, re proper strikers, that we couldn’t even replace like for like

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Cheers but what I was saying (obviously not very clearly) is it was piss poor not being able to replace Nacho with another recognised out and out striker.

Nacho needed to come off. But we had such a lack of strength in depth, re proper strikers, that we couldn’t even replace like for like

Now that I totally agree with! We desperately need another couple of strikers, and I wouldn't be bothered if Nacho left. All of our young players have improved since Puel, with the exception of Nacho (Backford Mk. 2)  who seems to have regressed. I really don't think he'll cut it at P/L level. 

16 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Iheanacho is a young striker who is low on confidence, out of form, playing in a misfiring team and in a role he's clearly not best suited to (lone striker). Add all that together and you get performances like Fulham away and last night. I was willing him to tuck that early chance away at Fulham. A goal will do him the world of good.

He doesn't help himself sometimes in how easily his head goes down but I still think he's worth persevering with. 

I'd give him until the summer...see how it goes up to then..

Because we don't know how January-window of Vardy's injury will pan out..:dunno:

In january...I would just see if we can pick up on a budget a known experienced striker  from either the lower PL ,or Championship,who is not

getting for him wanted game time... Plus I would yank back Slimani.

with Ndidi struggling I would then look to play 2 strikers,and throw Choudry some full games....A front 6 of:-

Vardy/Nacho...or

Nacho/Slimani

Albrighton/Gray

Maddison

Choudry 

Mendy/Iborra

The Chelsea and M.city games, if one takes them as potential losses,I would tinker,and definitely play Choudry.And have a.n.other youngster on the Bench.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Some good points, though I didn't personally mind Puel bringing Pereira off for Nacho who was contributing absolutely bugger all to the game yet again! Pereira was likely to pile on a bit more pressure and, although I don't see Gray as a striker necessarily,  he was more likely to get into a potential goal scoring position than lazy boy.

I do agree with you about Ulloa. Whatever he was or wasn't I always felt he gave of his best and gave opposing defences something tangible to think about. With a 17yrs old defender and the mistake prone Otamendi, he would have been a completely different problem for them with Albrighton pinging some crosses in.

Personally I didn't see it as too much of a weakened side and thought Choudhury and Soyuncu were worth their inclusion. I'm surmising that they're being really cautious with Vardys groin problem and have to trust them to manage that or we could lose him for 6 weeks. Evans was suspended and perhaps playing every game is taking it's toll on Wes?  Some people keep crying out for Iborra and so we yet again got to see how poor he was (Mendy I read somewhere has been playing with a bit of a knock lately). I don't think it's always necessary tactically to start with your supposedly recognised best 11 and then bring other types of player into the fray later on over the 90 minutes. Ferguson was a past master of this away in Europe over the years where he'd set up to contain and then try and snatch a goal in the second half (given that he had better players of course). I thought it was worth the try and could of worked had we not offered such powder puff penalties at the end which were shocking.

Suspended for 2 match? 

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I thought it was just for one match and that match was it I thought they said on Sky, I may have misheard? Either way, apart from the penalty I thought Soyuncu did quite well really. 

But we have league game before this

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

This was on 'MCFC Watch' along with other team news:

'Leicester will be without one-time Manchester City target Jonny Evans, who is suspended'.

Yes that's why I'm asking about it why he got suspended for 2 matches.he is missing for 2 game already without any red card news

51 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Yes that's why I'm asking about it why he got suspended for 2 matches.he is missing for 2 game already without any red card news

Sorry didn't know it was for two, that's odd isn't it, I thought you only got a 1 game ban or 3 for violent conduct. Perhaps it's due to some kind of totting up?