Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

On 12/06/2019 at 11:25, foxile5 said:

Kramaric didn't get into a title winning team. He said that as he left - it wasn't his time. 

Iheanacho isn't getting into a fair to middling team and has been given ample chance. 

Don't pretend that's not a huge difference please. 

There is also a big difference in what position the clubs were in.

Kramaric arrived at a time when we were fighting for survival and the stakes were high. He was unfortunate that Vardy, Mahrez and even Ulloa suddenly burst into life late on in the season and in the case of Vardy and Mahrez carried that form into the next season. Given the magic formula we stumbled upon Kramaric was unlucky but circumstances conspired against him.

Iheanacho has had a safety net in comparison with mid table security but has been a disaster for us. It's not as if he hasn't had chances to improve. For the price involved 10 league goals a season wouldn't have been an unfair expectation. He only stands at 4 after 2 seasons and half of those were end of season dead rubbers against Arsenal and Spurs last year.

The difference doesn't end at Leicester either. Kramaric made an impact for Croatia in both qualifying for the World Cup and reaching the final. Nachoman made very little impact for Nigeria.

Iheanacho has probably got one last shot for us before the January transfer window. At least how it appears with the lack of striker related transfer news. Make or break time but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up

• Like 2

Cant believe nacho is been compared to kramaric.

You could tell kramaric had quality when watching him play.  Whilst nacho plays like a donkey.  Sadly I think some people just are not good at seeing if a player is quality or not, and they base too much on "faith" and "hope".

Kramaric was up against vardy in prime, ulloa, nugent and chris wood.

When wood and nugent left shinji came in and was a instant hit.

If Kramaric was still with us now he would no doubt be second choice behind vardy, and probably would have some EPL goals to his name.

Its shocking how bad our strikers department is now compared to our first 2 seasons in the EPL, its the one part of the team thats regressed. Not just in quality but also numbers, as confidence is so important for strikers, having them in numbers is always good.

I dont know if any manager asked for nacho, I think shakespeare was the manager at time of the signing, but I have always felt, every manager since has been forced to use him, because the club wanting to be self dependent is probably refusing to write off the cost of the transfer and since he is unsellable at the moment is likely been forced into contention for financial reasons.  I feel king power should be injecting 30 million to the player budget and admitting they f***ed up on this one, removing any obligation from rodgers to use him, allowing him to be ommited from the first team squad if the manager chooses.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This video for me highlights a few things on Nacho.

Firstly, the pass is basically weighted perfectly.

However, you see Vardy's determination in getting to the box, which is where Nacho is lacking. 

Near the end of the season we started to see him burst into the box with a higher intensity. I'm hoping this is the type of thing BR is working on, getting those runs and the intensity sorted.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This video for me highlights a few things on Nacho.

Firstly, the pass is basically weighted perfectly.

However, you see Vardy's determination in getting to the box, which is where Nacho is lacking. 

Near the end of the season we started to see him burst into the box with a higher intensity. I'm hoping this is the type of thing BR is working on, getting those runs and the intensity sorted.

Not really mate, and this has been the problem when playing two strikers up top when you have Vardy being so important - they both can't be in the same position, one drops and one hustles. In that clip both of them are doing what they should be, considering a possible pass from Ricardo without getting in eachothers lane and out of eachothers way incase the ball pops out on a rebound - no point being on eachothers toes.

It happened with Slim when we had 2 main strikers more or less sharing a role.

Link up play is a part of Nacho's game though which is why we've tried him in the deeper role, at one point there was talk of him being a number 10 in Puels first season. It's probably one of the main things he learnt at Man City, it's just his concentration isn't always there

Edit: also consider Iheanacho is not the same physical build he was at Man City. He's now densly built and probably has between 10-15kg more mass on himself, this will make him look more lethargic but as a player he can battle defenders and hold the ball up better than Vardy who is all zip around and slip away. Not that Nacho isn't quick, its just lugging that weight about visibly tires him quicker.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

I think his fitness was terrible last season probably down to Puels training and confidence must have been a big issue with the fans getting on his back.. hopefully Rodgers can sort this out and put him in the right direction, he's still young and slightly unorthodox if the fans got behind him we might see a different player next season (he hopes) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Not really mate, and this has been the problem when playing two strikers up top when you have Vardy being so important - they both can't be in the same position, one drops and one hustles. In that clip both of them are doing what they should be, considering a possible pass from Ricardo without getting in eachothers lane and out of eachothers way incase the ball pops out on a rebound - no point being on eachothers toes.

It happened with Slim when we had 2 main strikers more or less sharing a role.

Link up play is a part of Nacho's game though which is why we've tried him in the deeper role, at one point there was talk of him being a number 10 in Puels first season. It's probably one of the main things he learnt at Man City, it's just his concentration isn't always there

Edit: also consider Iheanacho is not the same physical build he was at Man City. He's now densly built and probably has between 10-15kg more mass on himself, this will make him look more lethargic but as a player he can battle defenders and hold the ball up better than Vardy who is all zip around and slip away. Not that Nacho isn't quick, its just lugging that weight about visibly tires him quicker.

Fully understand your point mate; my only thought was that the times Nacho is brought on or replacing Vardy, we need him to have similar movement or runs to get into positions or able to get into the box.

But genuinely think he is a great passer of the ball and should be utilised more. Hopefully a pre season  we can get him fitter and maybe get the best out of him this year.  I'm sure there's a player in there. If we can get some confidence into him and utilise the passing ability of Maddison, Barnes and hopefully Youri we should be able to give him a lot more chances and try to replicate that form at man city 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always a bit confused over Nacho, does he even know is his best position? Is he a 9 or a 10?

I remember reading/hearing he preferred the number 10 role, yet i always thought he was better as a 9, a Owen/Shearer type goal hanger

Maybe with Perez coming him he'd be better suited to a false 9, dropping back slightly to allow Perez/Barnes/Maddison etc to come in off wide, bit like a Firmino role. Would deff be a decent plan B atleast

31 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Always a bit confused over Nacho, does he even know is his best position? Is he a 9 or a 10?

I remember reading/hearing he preferred the number 10 role, yet i always thought he was better as a 9, a Owen/Shearer type goal hanger

Maybe with Perez coming him he'd be better suited to a false 9, dropping back slightly to allow Perez/Barnes/Maddison etc to come in off wide, bit like a Firmino role. Would deff be a decent plan B atleast

I don't think he knows what day of the week it is, let alone his best position! 

Seriously though, I just don't see a lot going on up there and just hope Brendan can have some kind of breakthrough with him, otherwise he's done here. 

2 hours ago, Luttfox said:

He would be better, sorry we would be better, if he was nowhere near the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my personal opinion, if Kelechi set us back 500k/1mil, he'd have been gone by now. He hasn't cut the mustard, it happens. 

It's surely just desperation to justify the amount we paid at this point. I defended him to the hills last season but its clear that 

A) Vardy is rightfully first choice

B) His confidence is shot to pieces

C) and most unfortunate, he's not as good as everyone had made out.

Being in a Pep Guardiola team boosted his value higher than it should've been in a team of superstars. 

It's such a shame. I hope to be proven wrong at this point but unless he hits the ground running before Christmas, even if it's cutting our losses, he has to go. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, M0901 said:

In my personal opinion, if Kelechi set us back 500k/1mil, he'd have been gone by now. He hasn't cut the mustard, it happens. 

It's surely just desperation to justify the amount we paid at this point. I defended him to the hills last season but its clear that 

A) Vardy is rightfully first choice

B) His confidence is shot to pieces

C) and most unfortunate, he's not as good as everyone had made out.

Being in a Pep Guardiola team boosted his value higher than it should've been in a team of superstars. 

It's such a shame. I hope to be proven wrong at this point but unless he hits the ground running before Christmas, even if it's cutting our losses, he has to go. 

He's 22 so I think there's still time. I'd loan him out to an upper championship team or any lower Premier league team that would have him for 6 months and see what happens. Vardy and Perez can be our striker options in the meantime. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

He's 22 so I think there's still time. I'd loan him out to an upper championship team or any lower Premier league team that would have him for 6 months and see what happens. Vardy and Perez can be our striker options in the meantime. 

Fair point! 

21 hours ago, Luttfox said:

He is too slow for a 10 and too clumsy for a 9. Out of the two his style or stand around gawping is better suited to 9.

The problem for Kelechi is he was largely a bench warmer at Man City but did OK when called upon. He neither had loan spells or an extended run in the team so buying such an inexperienced player was always going to be a huge gamble. Unfortunately for him is he joined Leicester City who play with one forward and thats always going to be Vardy. Had he trotted up at a team like Everton or Southampton who have hot and miss strikers or a side that rotates more then he may get a decent run and find his confidence.

I think I would loan him out for 6 months so he can find his scoring boots again. 

Well we've already added strength in his area of the pitch so hopefully it puts a rocket up him this coming season.  Still holding out hope that he can fill Vardy's shoes with the right management and teammates.

5 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Exactly this.

He had only started 12 league games when we shelled out £25m on him. Utter crazy. He was coddled at Man City as The-next-big-thing. Unfortunately this means he has never really had the chance to develop as he should have. Compare the way Harvey Barnes has slowly developed at Barnsley and then West Brom. Kelachi hasn't had any of that.

I think we need to accept that he's way behind where he needs to be as a professional footballer. Loan him out to some lower Championship team like Luton Town where he'll play a full season and see if it makes a player out of him...

• Like 1