Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm sorry I just don't buy this argument. For some reason some people seem to think Footballers shouldn't come under the same criticism everyone has to come under.

They're pandered to at every opportunity.

Last night, people who have spent weeks and weeks spending their hard earned money to be entertained by someone (earning more than the majority of them will in two years in the space of a week), finally lost their cool

At work, if i'm shit i'm criticised, by my manager or by whoever i've let down.... problem is in football that doesn't really happen, so it falls to the fans (those who have paid for a service 'entertainment' in this case) to vent their anger to show that player that they are letting people down and not performing to the levels expected.

As i've said previously... I wanted to see it cause a reaction within him, but it didn't, he just walked off casually, didn't applaud fans (even ironically) or even look remotely upset about the whole situation. He was just happy his shift was over and couldn't wait to sit down.

I'd honestly rather he'd cupped his ear, or looked upset or looked bothered.... That would have bought him a lot more time with me.

To reiterate, I've honestly never felt this much anger towards a player, he's not what Leicester is all about, that's Albrighton, Shinji, Maguire and Morgan, Huth, Hume, Dickov etc etc.... Might not be the most talented, but never give less than 100% and that is ALL any Leicester fan will ever ask for. 

You work in front of 24,000 people analysing your every move and cheering and jeering when you get things right or wrong?  Fair enough if Puel offers him strong feedback, but, I personally don’t like it when a load fans get on anyone’s back…

each to their own though!

And as for expected reactions…. We are all different…. Some people I manage some need a firm word and some need an arm round the shoulder…. We are all different and I apply the right approach in order to get the right outcome…. It’s called people management…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Everyone is so used to seeing Vardy tearing around they think every other player should be doing the same. idiotic

Vardy has looked just as bad as well in some of those first bunch of matches, the criticism is harsh on Nacho he's not Vardy so people need to get there head around that and playing up top on his own isn't exactly going to get the best out of him when the service is non existent for the majority of the game.

booing your own player is a disgrace as well

Edited by whoareyaaa

Iheanacho is a young striker who is low on confidence, out of form, playing in a misfiring team and in a role he's clearly not best suited to (lone striker). Add all that together and you get performances like Fulham away and last night. I was willing him to tuck that early chance away at Fulham. A goal will do him the world of good.

He doesn't help himself sometimes in how easily his head goes down but I still think he's worth persevering with. 

• Like 2

A number of times I noticed last night, after an attack broke down we might win the ball back, but he hadn't got back, so was offside. Several times you could see players looking to put someone in only to see Iheanacho walking slowly back instead of being ready.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

He isn’t Vardy and I don’t expect him to be however I struggle to see just what his strengths are 

Me too. 

I know he's still young but I am not really sure what he could ever bring to the team, especially so long as we continue with the system we are playing (which is pretty much guaranteed under Puel). His lack of effort or at least the perceived lack of effort doesn't do him any favours either. I watched him very closely at the Fulham game as I was on the front row and I honestly felt like even I could've defended against him that night. His touch is poor and he is incredibly lethargic to the extent that he appears to be unfit. Watching him then it just felt like he wasn't interested in getting himself involved in the game or throwing himself about. That doesn't mean that every striker has to be a Jamie Vardy but you'd think that he would actually want to do well and aspire to score goals or at least try and affect the game in some way. 

When you're out of form then you have to try even harder and I think that the fans at least deserve to see each player giving it their best in terms of effort. It's honestly debatable whether he has been giving it his best over this season. You expect premier league players to be highly competitive and motivated individuals but I'm not getting that from him at the moment and I think that's why he has fallen out of favour with the fans.

• Like 1

A good manager wouldn’t be putting a low confidence player in this situation (lone striker with little service who can’t play the role anyway). The combination of the manager persisting  and player not really applying himself is a disaster up front 

okazaki may not score but he certainly has more influence than Nacho 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Obviously his form is bloody frustrating, but what happened to this 'Leicester City family' thing that was being talked about just a few weeks ago? Some people just don't get it. While he's a City player I won't jeer bloke, why would any of us.

What I don't get is why are you happy for a player to amble around in a cup quarter final and not give 100% why should that be applauded?

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

A number of times I noticed last night, after an attack broke down we might win the ball back, but he hadn't got back, so was offside. Several times you could see players looking to put someone in only to see Iheanacho walking slowly back instead of being ready. 

He's always bloody offside.

I can't help but feel if we'd have had Berbatov or someone of that ilk, he'd have been constantly slated on here for lacking passion and effort if he ever went through a dry scoring patch.

I think it stems from having had a lot of hard-working strikers in recent times: Vardy, Hume, Dickov, Okazaki, even Nuge and Waggy for example were grafters in my book. Iheanacho doesn't really play like most of the strikers that we've had over the years, and I think it makes it harder to warm to him because even when some of those names went through dry spells, people could watch them busting their gut to chase the ball and do something, and people always appreciated that so it made up for lean runs of form. Iheanacho doesn't do that, so he looks lazy and so people infer he has an ego problem when we've never heard hide nor hair of that being the case.

I still think there's a quality footballer in there, but ultimately I don't think we'll see it with the current formation we have with one up top. I don't think he's not trying or any of that guff spouted about him, but I don't think he's the right fit for us and how we play - and either he needs to work on adapting his game on the training ground, Puel needs to change things up for when we play him, or we just accept he doesn't work for us in the way we want right now, which is a sad outcome for a player I think has real quality if utilised properly!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

A good manager wouldn’t be putting a low confidence player in this situation (lone striker with little service who can’t play the role anyway). The combination of the manager persisting  and player not really applying himself is a disaster up front 

okazaki may not score but he certainly has more influence than Nacho 

Nige always played Vardy when he was low on confidence 

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still our top assister in the PL with 3, all from the number 10 position. 

Not ready to play as a out and out 9, looks more comfortable and suitable a playing in just behind the main striker.

Don't see how getting on his back will help.

I think moving him out of the exit door would help 

• Like 1