Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Shinji Okazaki - the forgotten man

3 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

He’s worth his wage just to see his industrious attitude to training day in day out

:plancque::nigel:

he should be sold whilst we can get something for him and promote a youngster instead

Edited by the fox
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, the fox said:

Sell! The same people who get outraged but the lack of quality will want to keep him because he comes off like as nice guy. 

Do you have any proof of this?  I would think it more likely that those on here constantly slagging off our signings/quality would be more likely to want him gone?  I may be wrong but I am not, as you seem, expressing my personal belief as fact.  Do you have evidence backing up your claim?

4 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

He’s worth his wage just to see his industrious attitude to training day in day out.

keeps everyone on their toes, works as hard in a practice situation as he does on a match day. A great asset on and off the pitch and someone these younguns can learn a lot from.

underated by a growing fan base who expect immediate results and seem to forget how a squad works, and the role experienced, hardworking internationals bring.

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

Do you want the club to stay rich? I think it's time for him to pack his bags. 

I think this is case and point to what Linekersapples alluded to in the latter part of his post

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Do you have any proof of this

That was hyperbole, should've said "some" tbf. 

But the point is, when people are bringing up "deadwood" he doesn't seem to be brought up that much. I don't have the energy to go into people's profiles and dig up comments from 10's of threads matching them to the people here who want him to stay. 

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think this is case and point to what Linekersapples alluded to in the latter part of his post

Never rated the guy as more then a squad player who was the right fit at that moment . He isnt much of a passer, playmaker, shooter nor is he a physical presence. He was playing mainly because of the inability of our " box-to-box" CM at the time (drinky) to line-up higher up the field leaving miles of space.  

From the title winning season I was calling for Simmo, drinky, shinji and Marc to be replaced in the near future and thankfully, we are getting there. 

Edited by the fox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, the fox said:

Never rated the guy as more then a squad player who was the right fit at that moment . He isnt much of a passer, playmaker, shooter nor is he a physical presence. He was playing mainly because of the inability of our " box-to-box" CM at the time (drink) to line-up higher up the field leaving miles of space.  

From the title winning season I was calling for Simmo, drinky, shinji and Marc to be replaced in the near future and thankfully, we are getting there. 

Nobody's talking about starting him, but he would be a useful addition as a late impact sub to inject Energy into the team and offer something different late on.

There is a lot more shit that needs to go before Okazaki

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Do you remember when we won the Premier League with these two passengers in the side?

I do.

your post is irrelevant and makes no sense

i remember but it doesnt change the fact that they are limited and should not have been starter players even in last season

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

That was hyperbole, should've said "some" tbf. 

But the point is, when people are bringing up "deadwood" he doesn't seem to be brought up that much. I don't have the energy to go into people's profiles and dig up comments from 10's of threads matching them to the people here who want him to stay. 

If we were going into the season with him as our number 1 striker I would be concerned but to have him in the squad I think makes sense as he is a one off and has been crucial to the way we have payed over the last few years.  We are moving away from that style and he is not as young as he used to be but for me I would rather have him on the bench than any of the other strikers we currently have.  I have no issue with people wanting him sold and don't really care too much if people want him to stay or go but lazy generalisations do annoy me but that is mainly down to me being a friendless pedant.  X

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

your post is irrelevant and makes no sense

i remember but it doesnt change the fact that they are limited and should not have been starter players even in last season

It's either irrelevant or it makes no sense. It can't be both. Schoolboy error. 

It's probably the latter. It makes no sense to you. That's probably because I tend to target a niche upmarket readership with my posts, I'm a bit more Bill Hicks than Les Dennis. So I appreciate they can be a bit subtle for some tastes. But, I'm nothing if not patient to the point of outright condescension. :)

So, let me try and simplify it:

How can we have won the League playing two "very, very limited" footballers as starter players? Do you believe that we won the League with two 'passengers' in the side?

That makes no sense (but is not irrelevant).

Don't you think it's much more likely that it is your understanding of football players which is very very limited? Rather than two Premier League winners (one an international with several World Cups under his belt,, and the other with a nine year, 200+ game, career as a Premiership footballer ) who are "very very limited"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

It's either irrelevant or it makes no sense. It can't be both. Schoolboy error. 

It's probably the latter. It makes no sense to you. That's probably because I tend to target a niche upmarket readership with my posts, I'm a bit more Bill Hicks than Les Dennis. So I appreciate they can be a bit subtle for some tastes. But, I'm nothing if not patient to the point of outright condescension. :)

So, let me try and simplify it:

How can we have won the League playing two "very, very limited" footballers as starter players? Do you believe that we won the League with two 'passengers' in the side?

That makes no sense (but is not irrelevant).

Don't you think it's much more likely that it is your understanding of football players which is very very limited? Rather than two Premier League winners (one an international with several World Cups under his belt,, and the other with a nine year, 200+ game, career as a Premiership footballer ) who are "very very limited"?

you are so boring,are not you?

• Haha 1