Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Shinji Okazaki - the forgotten man

I'm so glad this board doesn't have a say in contracts and transfers. We'd still be playing the same core of players from the title win and they'd all be on 6 year contracts. I imagine we'll look to bring in someone who can run but also can score goals and create chances.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I hope he stays forever.  Just look at that little face of his.  All time Leicester Legend.  Just have him around to smile and clap at players as they run out, it would cheer me up.  X

You have sold me - make him the new Filbert on UKP 25,000 per week. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm so glad this board doesn't have a say in contracts and transfers. We'd still be playing the same core of players from the title win and they'd all be on 6 year contracts. I imagine we'll look to bring in someone who can run but also can score goals and create chances.

I don't think anyone is suggesting playing Shinji every week. Finding squad players for this division is pretty difficult as they need to be good enough to contribute while also being able to handle not playing every week without getting the hump. This is particularly hard for strikers as they tend to play themselves into form which is not easy to do with limited opportunities. I would love us to find a young Okazaki in the window but if we can't then I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him for a year to give us another option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting playing Shinji every week. Finding squad players for this division is pretty difficult as they need to be good enough to contribute while also being able to handle not playing every week without getting the hump. This is particularly hard for strikers as they tend to play themselves into form which is not easy to do with limited opportunities. I would love us to find a young Okazaki in the window but if we can't then I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him for a year to give us another option.

I think Che Adams would be a good signing - 22 years old. Time for a new generation to come through, we're finally able to shed the players that have been tied down on ridiculous contracts. Keeping them here will just take up valuable squad places that could be used to improve us.

It'd be good for Shinji to go out and finish his career playing football as well.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Would be class wouldn’t it.

• Haha 3

He's 32, not scored a goal since December 2017 and yesterday was the first time in ages he's come on and actually had a positive impact. We can't give him a new contract on the basis that he ran around a lot against a shit Fulham team. Love him and forever grateful for his contribution but we can't keep the likes of him, Fuchs and Simpson around forever if we want to move forwards

• Like 4

Looks like we will persist with a 1 striker system and it seems unlikely we’ll get into Europe although it’s still possible. 

So if bring in another striker to compete with Vardy, Iheanacho will be wasted as third choice.

I wouldn’t mind him going out on loan. Gets him game time and also puts him in the shop window if we decide to sell. 

Then keep shinji as third choice who can be on the bench for some games when we need a defensive option.

No point Iheanacho staying as third choice as there won’t be enough game time for him to improve so gerrim out on loan.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1

I was pleased that Okazaki made a positive impact for us on Saturday. Was the first time in a long while that he had an influence in a game.

I do appreciate what he has brought to the team but I would say it's better for all parties if he moved on. Rogers will look to a more attack minded setup and it' s where Okazaki falls short.

We have benefiited from him and vice versa and he will have a lot of options elsewhere come the summer I would say.

I do hope though that he might a chance to impress once again or get a goal before the season is out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I do appreciate what he has brought to the team but I would say it's better for all parties if he moved on. Rogers will look to a more attack minded setup and it' s where Okazaki falls short over.

Fixed.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 4

On 08/08/2018 at 17:58, KingsX said:

Maybe he is a buggy driver in the automotive age -- the world’s only “Leicester 10” when Puel is finally obsoleting that job.  But I’d still keep him on.  There will be second halves where a terrier is needed to energize a high press, and from somewhere, he’ll get a goal.  Which will make me even happier than any other player’s goal.

Firing Shinji and King in the same window would take a little too much out of me TBH.

Genius foresight that, well done. :appl:

• Thanks 1

Shinji can be very effective as an hour-mark sub, harrying weary opposition and running himself ragged without worry about pacing himself.  But at this point in his career he probably prefers to sign somewhere he can get regular starts, maybe back in the J-League.

It depends how high rogers wants to press.  Like tevez... shinji sets a bar in pressing.. and it means opponents can't get a clean pass from the back 4.

Yet shinji is unlikely to start with barns madison and tielemans in the squad.

I expect shinji to move on.  Yet for me he has always been a catalyst. I have a lcfc calendar pic of shingi ryhad and vardy with arms on shoulders... unbelievable 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Great to see him celebrating the winner off the bench, just like Morgan last week. Theres a huge squad spirit being fostered once again.

Loved seeing him off his feet cheering when the goal went in... Just like me watching at home in the kitchen and shows how much it means to the squad. Might not see him score again but can at least see his cheeky grin from the sidelines

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...