Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Shinji Okazaki - the forgotten man

I'd be inclined to keep BUT if we got a sensible offer that suited all parties then I'd let him go. I rate him highly but I'm not sure he'll have a role in our reshaped side, and we do need to get some players off the books. There are players I'd rather see gone but perhaps of greater priority is to reduce the head count/wages bill.

all due respect just like Albrighton he is consistent and hard working,but very,very limited

imagine forward who cant play with ball and leicester had 2 of this kind...

Whole team was dependent on Mahrez's and Vardy's attacking skills

thanks god there is Maddison now and hopefully new winger is coming 

Edited by tsintskaro
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

all due respect just like Albrighton he is consistent and hard working,but very,very limited

imagine forward who cant play with ball and leicester had 2 of this kind...

Whole team was dependent on Mahrez's and Vardy's attacking skills

thanks god there is Maddison now and hopefully new winger is coming 

Well thats just written off most of our title winning team ! ...         :nigel:

Really like Shinji and he's a lot better in possession than many give him credit for and also a player capable of linking play which the likes of Vardy, Iheanacho and co struggle with.

Yet another gem from the Walsh / Pearson / Shakey era who has repaid his transfer fee many times over

That said we probably do look to have better options right now in his role in Maddison and he's not an out and out striker.

Can't believe some fans would actually get rid of him :nono:

Shinji can still do a job, he's always been an underrated part of our side and how we play, before he got injured last season he was absolutely brilliant at times.

No doubt he'll get less game time this season; however right now he's a perfect third choice option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

He’ll see out his contract and leave on a free, IMO. We’ll end up playing him 15-20 matches this season. 3 goals, 3 assists.

He's got 3 assists total in almost 100 games. Not happening lol

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

He's got 3 assists total in almost 100 games. Not happening lol

6 goals and 2 assists in his 27 or so appearances for the club last campaign. I think that’s a part of his game that he’s improved on. It’s not a ridiculous thing to think.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

It was a comma, not a decimal point - “and we were 9(th), 7 points behind Burnley”

I was claiming a little latitude in an attempt to amuse those with a sense of humour. Apologies it didn't apply to you :D

23 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

title winning squad will always be heroes but we need to be ruthless. Anyone not in with realistic shouts of making the matchday 18 should be looking for other clubs, we can then start to blood a few young players if and when needed, holding on to sentiment could end up fatal, we're wasting too much money on players that aren't playing

Do we need to be ruthless? Are we on the breadline? If so, do you really think we’ll get someone equally good for less money? 

Honestly, the one resource we have plenty of is cash. Players who can and do work for us and for the cause even from the fringes are rare and precious. Keep.

• Like 1

There were so many times last season where he came off the bench and made an instant impact, sometimes even changing the game. He may not start many, if any, this season but for me you have to keep him.

There's not many players who can do what he does with his pace, energy and workrate for the team in such an important area of the pitch.

• Like 1