Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cv6 fox

Mobile data at KP Stadium?

It isn't people being unable to not use their phones during the game thats the issue. When I go to the football I still want to be able to receive texts or check the occasional thing on social media; such as if a big decision is backed up by pundits or people watching on screens or whether we were unlucky not to get a decision our way.  And as others have mentioned, texting someone at the game to meet up at HT or whatever. 

• Like 3

I think the club should do something about it so that there is 4G or WiFi at the ground. People moaning about others being glued to their phones for betting reasons, checking scores or whatever but what if someone needed to get in touch with you in a emergency? You would literally be fvcked up until the crowd has gone after the game.

I'd like to see it get some improvement on the 4G side of things, not necessarily wifi.  

If smokers can go outside to get their fix, the drinkers can get an albeit it overpriced and watered down pint at half time then I see it only fair that some of us can check our phones.

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I think the club should do something about it so that there is 4G or WiFi at the ground. People moaning about others being glued to their phones for betting reasons, checking scores or whatever but what if someone needed to get in touch with you in a emergency? You would literally be fvcked up until the crowd has gone after the game.

This happened to family of mine, sung needed to get hold of my dad and he spent 5/10 mins trying to get hold of her given my grandad was in hospital. 

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don’t know how we survived at games in the 70’s and 80’s without mobile phones, I really don’t.

I certainly miss the odd old boy at the end of the season who thought ahead and took a small radio along to tune into the scores as they came in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

not much worse than a holier than thou comment like this, tbh. 

if i want to text someone say at the other end of the kop saying this is boring let’s go get an early half time lager than i should be able to, it’s 2018 ffs. 

But we're talking about mobile data....

Can still end an old fashioned SMS if you want to meet someone. 

6 hours ago, cv6 fox said:

Firstly apologies if in wrong section.

Does anyone else get zero mobile data inside and out on matchdays at the KP Stadium?

Obviously I'm watching the match but I do like to check on other games at the same time. 

I'm on EE and sit in P3. 

Just interested to know if most people have similar issues or a 'jammer' is at work. 

Yes mate. Most aggravating. It’s like a data Bermuda triangle

1 minute ago, Grey Fox said:

Can't they allow data before games and at halftime, then switch it off during games?  Surely that wouldn't be that difficult?

I'm sure most people would be happy enough with that.

data is 'allowed'. it's the fact that thousands and thousands are trying to access the internet or an app that requires an internet connection all at the same time which causes the problems.

Just now, StanSP said:

data is 'allowed'. it's the fact that thousands and thousands are trying to access the internet or an app that requires an internet connection all at the same time which causes the problems.

I thought they said they voted not to boost it, which basically means it's not allowed if no one can access it.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Someone on here said the other day they were at a lower league game where they managed to cash out as a penalty was being awarded, before the bookies reacted to suspend the market.

Could have been me... twice.

Both Cov games in the playoffs. First let vs Notts I needed Notts 1-0. Was that score until late and ref gave dodgy pen. Luckily I had cash out screen open and pressed it moments after pen awarded. Cashed out for 116 instead of 180 should have got. Cov scored the pen lol

The final at Wembley I had 2-0 Cov. when they scored a third again I cashed out and won lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Could have been me... twice.

Both Cov games in the playoffs. First let vs Notts I needed Notts 1-0. Was that score until late and ref gave dodgy pen. Luckily I had cash out screen open and pressed it moments after pen awarded. Cashed out for 116 instead of 180 should have got. Cov scored the pen lol

The final at Wembley I had 2-0 Cov. when they scored a third again I cashed out and won lol

In that case, was it 17 bookies that voted.

I'm glad it doesn't work, I honestly think phones and social media are ruining society. Everyone is just this zombie now, head down, scrolling through Twitter or whatever other narcissistic bullshit they're addicted to.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Unless one if your family is ill or the missus is up the duff you could always try leaving your phone at home & focus on what's happening on the pitch.

Just an idea like

People aren't complaining as they want to be on their phones instead of watching the game. If you'd read, a lot simply want to see scores, goal scorers for bets or out of interest. At the same time people at the ground but not together may want to message about something that's happened or organise meeting up at HT or after.

Edit: at the same time, emergencies generally happen unexpectedly and all of a sudden, its why a lot of people take their phone incase they're needed.

Edited by UniFox21

Did me a favour last season. Had an acca on all prem games that day and with just the evening game to go i was due to win a grand off £2. Ended up cashing out half at £150 before the kick off and another &300 part way through the game. I’d have probably cashed out at £50 at the stadium 

58 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I'm glad it doesn't work, I honestly think phones and social media are ruining society. Everyone is just this zombie now, head down, scrolling through Twitter or whatever other narcissistic bullshit they're addicted to.

With that in mind should you really be on here? ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

People aren't complaining as they want to be on their phones instead of watching the game. If you'd read, a lot simply want to see scores, goal scorers for bets or out of interest. At the same time people at the ground but not together may want to message about something that's happened or organise meeting up at HT or after.

Edit: at the same time, emergencies generally happen unexpectedly and all of a sudden, its why a lot of people take their phone incase they're needed.

You may be right but some of the fans who sit near me cannot help but get their phone out every couple of minutes to check whatever the feck they are checking.

Little nipper in front of me spends the whole match playing games on his phone while his Mum who must be hugely popular spends her 90 minutes texting & then moaning she cant get Facebook.

Not for me to judge but what a sad waste of a saturday afternoon.

1 minute ago, boots60 said:

You may be right but some of the fans who sit near me cannot help but get their phone out every couple of minutes to check whatever the feck they are checking.

Little nipper in front of me spends the whole match playing games on his phone while his Mum who must be hugely popular spends her 90 minutes texting & then moaning she cant get Facebook.

You are right with this. I swear sometimes I have no idea why some people are at the football. I don’t think they have either. For some families it is literally just something to do on a Sat afternoon to keep their kids occupied.

The nipper is probably just watching some cartoon or something.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

You are right with this. I swear sometimes I have no idea why some people are at the football. I don’t think they have either. For some families it is literally just something to do on a Sat afternoon to keep their kids occupied.

The nipper is probably just watching some cartoon or something.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Yeah i agree with you both, a few of people near me do the same. But if they're going to check, they'll check with or without signal/4G/WiFi. 

Just is irritating when people are wanting to check for something and they can't. I'd be fine it being switched 'on' during half time for people to check things