Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Player Ratings : Bournemouth 4-2 Leicester City

Bournemouth 4 - 2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 4.9

Total Average Rating

152 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

James Maddison 6.4
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Wes Morgan 3.4
  4. Manager Confidence 0% 0%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 15/09/18
Voting Ends: 20/09/18

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Nampalys Mendy
  8. Rachid Ghezzal
  9. James Maddison
  10. Demarai Gray
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  14. Jonny Evans (sub)

2 hours ago, bpfox said:

if puel does not change that defense, and drop gray for good he will be gone in 3-4 weeks.

Think you are bang on. His loyalty to Gray is commendable but I’ve almost had it with him. Albrighton should get at least 5 games now.

Puel is on borrowed time now I fear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Sorry, but Morgan was poor on the day. Frankly, the red card was the football equivalent of euthanasia for him...

Yeah and Maguire was all over the shop but apparently his negatives are never allowed to be spoken about on this forum.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah and Maguire was all over the shop but apparently his negatives are never allowed to be spoken about on this forum.

That’s just not true, every time he has anything other than a good game there’s a raft of people on here saying “told you he wasn’t a good defender”.

Its like when people say “if Messi had done that you’d never hear the end of it”. You never hear the end of it because Messi does it all the time. People poke holes in Morgan’s performance more frequently than Maguire’s because he’s more regularly deserving of that criticism.

Maguire had a poor game yesterday and he wasn’t great against Liverpool. He was perfectly fine against United and Wolves and outstanding against Southampton even before his goal. Some are using yesterday to claim hes been poor all season for goodness sake.

Overreactions everywhere since yesterday’s game.

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

That’s just not true, every time he has anything other than a good game there’s a raft of people on here saying “told you he wasn’t a good defender”.

Its like when people say “if Messi had done that you’d never hear the end of it”. You never hear the end of it because Messi does it all the time. People poke holes in Morgan’s performance more frequently than Maguire’s because he’s more regularly deserving of that criticism.

Maguire had a poor game yesterday and he wasn’t great against Liverpool. He was perfectly fine against United and Wolves and outstanding against Southampton even before his goal. Some are using yesterday to claim hes been poor all season for goodness sake.

Overreactions everywhere since yesterday’s game.

Why is Morgan more deserving of criticism? That implies he makes more mistakes when, for me, they both deliver similar performances. Morgan was perfectly fine against United too. 

Agree about overreactions after yesterday.

20 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Ditto - same from me too. Puel was tactically inept

I hope he and the rest of the management group learnt from this cause they well and truly has their pants pulled down tactically. We were holding much to high on the defense line and it allowed them  opportunity to put the ball through and run on to it too easily. You could see this after about 20 mins when they had managed to hold off our early attack. The thing that worries me though is despite this and despite both our centre backs getting yellows (and if truth be told lucky to stay on in the first half in the case of Maguire) we failed to react. I can see it in their rooms at half time they must have been having a right laugh at our technical ineptitude. 

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why is Morgan more deserving of criticism? That implies he makes more mistakes when, for me, they both deliver similar performances. Morgan was perfectly fine against United too. 

Agree about overreactions after yesterday.

I think Morgan is far ropier these days than Maguire is (irrespective of the quality in possession Maguire adds which I think perversely makes some people hold Maguire to a higher standard) but we’ll have to agree to disagree!

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I think Morgan is far ropier these days than Maguire is (irrespective of the quality in possession Maguire adds which I think perversely makes some people hold Maguire to a higher standard) but we’ll have to agree to disagree!

Fair play. I like you as a poster and often agree with your posts. I did think Morgan would be phased out prior to the season starting and I certainly don't understand why we did change it (v Wolves) and since then Evans has been back to the bench. Personally I think Evans had a poor 20 mins against Wolves but after that settled in well.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Morgan lowest rated is laughable by the way. Maguire, Gray, Ndidi all worse by a mile.

Spot on, add Ricardo to that, all worse than Wes.

I gave Morgan a 2 and Maguire a 3... I never usually score that low but they were shocking! Both should have had 4 yellows between them. Morgan was worse for me, that challenge for the first goal was embarrassing and he was getting bossed from start to finish, (well the 70th min) in every department. Morgan should been phased out this season because it’s clear he’s struggling. Maguire looks knackered but he’s played non stop football for a year and a half, he’s in need of a rest I think.

I like Morgan for what he’s done for us but it’s clear he’s been struggling for a while, this system where he is more exposed is not good for him or the team and that falls on Puel for not recognising. Puel has bought in 3 new centre backs so he must see that area needs improving!

I wanna see Söyüncü (well done IPhone auto correct!!) play, he’s got pace and good with ball at his feet!

Edited by jmono84

Pull is undoubtedly tactically inept and I'm basing that more on the performances at the end of last season than this. He (and his coaching staff) seem incapable of setting up a team that can, if required, battle for a point and actually defend their goal. I'm happy to give the guy a few months, even the whole season, if only to break the cycle of sackings, but I honestly can't see him bringing about the necessary improvements. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

I hope he and the rest of the management group learnt from this cause they well and truly has their pants pulled down tactically. We were holding much to high on the defense line and it allowed them  opportunity to put the ball through and run on to it too easily. You could see this after about 20 mins when they had managed to hold off our early attack. The thing that worries me though is despite this and despite both our centre backs getting yellows (and if truth be told lucky to stay on in the first half in the case of Maguire) we failed to react. I can see it in their rooms at half time they must have been having a right laugh at our technical ineptitude. 

Agreed, and the fact that even as late as half-time, three goals down and both centre-backs booked - Puel took no real action to counter the threat, or mitigate the danger.

Ive never seen a manager consistently demonstrate their inability to impact a game when it’s not going to plan.

• Like 2