Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

15 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Now now Ian calm down fella, I and others offered a critique on the areas that many people find cringey with your commentary. Please show me any one area of my posts containing abuse. Calling out on an opinion is fine ,I do think you'll be a better commentator if you took some of the points on board though.

As for abuse, would your criticisms of your colleagues Pipes and Owen be deemed abuse too? 

In conclusion I think if you read the posts the reason for criticisms have been laid out clearly, hence justification.

Mate there’s 9 solid pages of abuse, don’t tell me you can’t read what people have been saying. I know football fans can be fickle/stupid at times, but this is all so unjustified. People say things like he’s narcissistic and a weasel without bothering to give a credible explanation why. It’s easy to hate people, but life is just too short for that.

17 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

I for one don't think What the Fuchs? Is Ian Stringer.

I mean, joining FT to leap to the defence of Ian Stringer is  absolutely  NOT the kind of thing Ian Stringer would do.

Still less slagging off his RL colleagues.

Not to mention completely missing the point when replying to other posters.

Just because WTF? Sounds uncannily like Ian Stringer..,

I am totally convinced What the Fuchs? ABSOLUTELY IS NOT IAN STRINGER!!

Ignoring your thinly veiled sarcasm, you are absolutely right.

13 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Mate there’s 9 solid pages of abuse, don’t tell me you can’t read what people have been saying. I know football fans can be fickle/stupid at times, but this is all so unjustified. People say things like he’s narcissistic and a weasel without bothering to give a credible explanation why. It’s easy to hate people, but life is just too short for that.

I would hardly call it 9 solid pages of abuse, some are a bit OTT but there is a lot of tongue in cheek ripping fuelled by your appearance and outraged defence. What I am curious about is if you are not Ian why are you so personally invested/ bothered by this particular thread when you could take your pick? lol

• Like 1

Considering Ian is very much on Twitter etc all the time, it shouldn't really be strongly doubted that this new member is him..

Also, the style of his posts are quite similar to what he says in real life.

Am sure it all be revealed if a mod bans this member and Ian complains about it on his social media platforms, regrets posting it and deleting it - only for others to have retweeted hundreds of times for his embarrassment..:D

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 22/05/2019 at 12:49, Manini said:

I’m sorry but that has absolutely Bob all to do with anything. Add that to the fact that he insists on plastering his personal life all over social media anyway. He loves the limelight, he loves to make it all about him. He’s a terrible advert for a journalist, I have a degree in Journalism and his techniques aren’t taught, at all. He’s quite frankly a weirdo who’s been lucky enough to end up on public broadcast radio. As I said I’m lucky enough not to have to listen to him but at the same time I’ll stand by my long standing opinion. 

The rest of your post was fairly well written and considered to be fair I understand why some might like him but for me he completely rubs me up the wrong way. 

I have a degree in journalism too. High five.

You're right it doesn't have anything to do with his journalism skills. I was referring to the people talking about him as a character and downright slamming him. Just saying cut him a bit of slack personally after what he's just dealt with.

You're also right about the circumstances in which he got the job. I find it strange that a couple of years on a much smaller local station, and basically just the apprentice, qualifies someones to be on Radio Leicester. 

Anyone who remembers John Barber will know we don't have it too bad. I felt kind of bad after he replied to my 606 post that destroyed him once. Only to find he'd called me a vicious little shit on a fake account after.

9 hours ago, Manini said:

I think sight gets lost with all the wannabe journos about these days. This bloke isn’t doing this off his own back, he isn’t Arsenal Fan TV or Give Me Sport or 90Min.com - he works for the ****ing BBC and he should start acting as such 

No one on Arsenal fan TV is doing it off their own back anymore mate. Ladbrokes plastered all over it and everyone who gets 2 minutes now knows that if they perform silly enough they can make a bit of money from it.

1 hour ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Hello Ian :pearson:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I have a degree in journalism too. High five.

You're right it doesn't have anything to do with his journalism skills. I was referring to the people talking about him as a character and downright slamming him. Just saying cut him a bit of slack personally after what he's just dealt with.

You're also right about the circumstances in which he got the job. I find it strange that a couple of years on a much smaller local station, and basically just the apprentice, qualifies someones to be on Radio Leicester. 

Anyone who remembers John Barber will know we don't have it too bad. I felt kind of bad after he replied to my 606 post that destroyed him once. Only to find he'd called me a vicious little shit on a fake account after.

I felt like a right **** saying I had that so I’m glad you’ve bailed me out there lol 

If you read my other replies you’ll see my overall thoughts in answer to your post I suppose. It’s getting a bit weird now, especially considering the bloke has clearly joined the forum to covertly defend himself. The mind boggles. 

Doing anything with your degree? Where did you go? What’s your shorthand WPM speed @Gamble92? lol 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

No one on Arsenal fan TV is doing it off their own back anymore mate. Ladbrokes plastered all over it and everyone who gets 2 minutes now knows that if they perform silly enough they can make a bit of money from it.

This I will reply to. You’ve missed the point I was making. Arsenal Fan TV was set up by that guy, it’s his creation, he can set whatever agenda he wants, he owns it, whether he makes money from it or not. He has license to say what he likes, he’s (for a long time) funded it by himself.

Stringer works for the BBC, which is paid for by the general public, under an institution that has served the public of the UK and Leicestershire for donkeys. It isn’t his show, he’s there to bring us the information from the game and ask the questions we want answers to not the ones he wants answers to. He has  the duty to provide a service to the general public who pay his wages.

(if the license fee/general public/gov’mnt doesn’t pay for the BBC radio, again, I’m going to look a right **** lol I did try and research this but I couldn’t find any info) 

Edited by Manini

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

This I will reply to. You’ve missed the point I was making. Arsenal Fan TV was set up by that guy, it’s his creation, he can set whatever agenda he wants, he owns it, whether he makes money from it or not. He has license to say what he likes, he’s (for a long time) funded it by himself.

Stringer works for the BBC, which is paid for by the general public, under an institution that has served the public of the UK and Leicestershire for donkeys. It isn’t his show, he’s there to bring us the information from the game and ask the questions we want answers to not the ones he wants answers to. He has  the duty to provide a service to the general public who pay his wages.

(if the license fee/general public/gov’mnt doesn’t pay for the BBC radio, again, I’m going to look a right **** lol I did try and research this but I couldn’t find any info) 

The BBC is funded by the public via the licence fee - radio included. 

As I've said before, local radio sets a very low bar in terms of excellence, but even so, we, as its paymasters, have the right to totally question it when it drops below a certain level.

One of its problems is that it consistently underestimates the intelligence of its audience.

a glance back through this thread kind of highlights this point, I would say,

A point that perhaps Mr What the Fuchs?  (whoever he is...)  might do well to bear in mind.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I agree to a certain extent but this arguement has always existed with the BBC. They can't do right in alot of scenarios. You only have to look at politics where both right and left strongly say the beeb prefer the other side.

I think he does add alot of his character to the football forum but yet again id compare that to others local stations and say actually it's quite a good listen. 

No one (apart from maybe Ian himself) Is recommending him for national radio or beyond. But i think we could do alot worse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Slippery slope there mate, if I defended Puel’s tactics would you accuse me of being Puel? Or Schmeichel if I defended his distribution? By the same logic you must be Alan Young. ?

Seriously, Stringer, re-read what you first posted.

On 22/05/2019 at 03:24, What the Fuchs? said:

Mate, radio commentary isn’t easy, it would be boring if commentators only spoke when something exciting was happening on the pitch.

I actually can’t understand the venom on this thread. Strings is a great commentator, the Football Forum and Boot Room is always a good listen, he’s a fan, he’s been here a while, and quite frankly we should count ourselves lucky that we have him, having heard some of the dross on other local radio stations. If he left everyone would complain about his replacement.

Just stop giving him hate for doing his job, and doing it rather well might I add.

Nobody talks like that when they are defending anybody, particularly that last line - it's embarrassing and cringe-worthy, just like your commentary.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I felt like a right **** saying I had that so I’m glad you’ve bailed me out there lol 

If you read my other replies you’ll see my overall thoughts in answer to your post I suppose. It’s getting a bit weird now, especially considering the bloke has clearly joined the forum to covertly defend himself. The mind boggles. 

Doing anything with your degree? Where did you go? What’s your shorthand WPM speed @Gamble92? lol 

In terms of doing something with my degree. I got a totally different job lol 

And my shorthand speed is probably slower than my normal writing speed now. Doing well then lol

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Seriously, Stringer, re-read what you first posted.

Nobody talks like that when they are defending anybody, particularly that last line - it's embarrassing and cringe-worthy, just like your commentary.

In all honesty I dont think it's actually ian. 

He slagged off Owen and Piper and I dont think Stringer would do that.

He's commented on alot of FIFA stuff too and I can't quite imagine someone like Ian sat up all night playing Ultimate Team

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

In terms of doing something with my degree. I got a totally different job lol 

And my shorthand speed is probably slower than my normal writing speed now. Doing well then lol

Same. DW. 

And i I could probably translate hyrogliphocs faster than I could write shorthand now tbh. I was always Bob at it. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

In all honesty I dont think it's actually ian. 

He slagged off Owen and Piper and I dont think Stringer would do that.

He's commented on alot of FIFA stuff too and I can't quite imagine someone like Ian sat up all night playing Ultimate Team

Why not? It's the logical thing to do once he was busted - a bit like swearing on your kids' life or something.

I will never believe that anybody without a vested interest would make such a sycophantic post in defence of anybody; trawl back through the Puel threads - plenty defended him but never with such stilted language as that. People just don't speak that way.

I'm assuming your last comment referenced a football video game? I can so imagine Stringer doing that, yeah.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Same. DW. 

And i I could probably translate hyrogliphocs faster than I could write shorthand now tbh. I was always Bob at it. 

Didn't help that I went to the awful Staffordshire University. (Sorry if anyone went there, at least the women were decent)

I'm not sure of Stringers background but did he go to uni and do anything? I remember him telling a story about how he tied himself to a Radio Stations doors and demanded a job?

Just now, Buce said:

Why not? It's the logical thing to do once he was busted - a bit like swearing on your kids' life or something.

I will never believe that anybody without a vested interest would make such a sycophantic post in defence of anybody; trawl back through the Puel threads - plenty defended him but never with such stilted language as that. People just don't speak that way.

If you're right then i feel bad for him. I think its much more likely to be someone close to him or a colleague.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I remember him telling a story about how he tied himself to a Radio Stations doors and demanded a job?

My case is pretty much rested here I think lol I’d never heard this before but yes, of course that’s how it works. 

its total bollocks mate I’m creasing up just thinking about it. It’s SUCH a hard industry to get in to you’ll know yourself. **** me I’ve wasted so much of my time debating something that’s so irrelevant in here, I’m learning more about myself than anything i think lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

If you're right then i feel bad for him. I think its much more likely to be someone close to him or a colleague.

That's not impossible, of course, but I'm not having that somebody signs up to this forum and makes a beeline for this thread for his first post, in which he leaps to Stringer's defence in such unnaturally stilted language, without having some kind of personal interest in doing so.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1