Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

He's a cock - shame he didn't get the gig in a more non-descript period of the clubs history as it annoys me he has a slight association with our biggest success. Not being from the area I only hear him on match days but his contrived commentary 'alley the bleuuugghhh' and shit 'bantz' make me turn off as soon as interviews are done. He wants to be the story and RL should have binned him off ages ago.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Manini said:

My case is pretty much rested here I think lol I’d never heard this before but yes, of course that’s how it works. 

its total bollocks mate I’m creasing up just thinking about it. It’s SUCH a hard industry to get in to you’ll know yourself. **** me I’ve wasted so much of my time debating something that’s so irrelevant in here, I’m learning more about myself than anything i think lol 

Think the story was he kept waiting outside asking for a job until they let him start making the tea, then he wormed on to the radio from there.

That's where we went wrong, didnt make good enough tea. 

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Think the story was he kept waiting outside asking for a job until they let him start making the tea, then he wormed on to the radio from there.

That's where we went wrong, didnt make good enough tea. 

Actually he makes really good tea. I know this because What the Fuchs? told me he does.

And he should know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Seriously, Stringer, re-read what you first posted.

Nobody talks like that when they are defending anybody, particularly that last line - it's embarrassing and cringe-worthy, just like your commentary.

I’m sorry for writing a coherent and inoffensive statement. Maybe there should be a pinned thread on the Forum Rules saying that anyone who disagrees with the mob in coherent sentences, and doesn’t use insults or swear words gets an automatic ban ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I recently did a dissertation based around Leicester City. I emailed his business enquiries and he came back to me and arranged time out off his day to let me meet him and helped me with my dissertation whilst letting me record it. 

My point is before you give him abuse just beware you haven’t met him in person, only listened to his commentary. When I met him he was insightful and went out off his day to not only meet me but actually show me around BBCRL. Just a thought 

Is that you, Ian?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I recently did a dissertation based around Leicester City. I emailed his business enquiries and he came back to me and arranged time out off his day to let me meet him and helped me with my dissertation whilst letting me record it. 

My point is before you give him abuse just beware you haven’t met him in person, only listened to his commentary. When I met him he was insightful and went out off his day to not only meet me but actually show me around BBCRL. Just a thought 

You’re wasting your time here mate, they don’t want to hear that lol

• Like 1

I'm Ian!

866255000_download(3).jpeg.dfe8b1e009f82d0f58fe1119b3d57ce8.jpeg

Btw, there is a slight possibility that What the fuchs is not Ian Stringer or his mum or his dentist but a new member and you lot have just been prodding and baiting the guy all night!

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

The thing with that account is if that is Ian Stringer it is a daft decision to come on Foxestalk and try and pick fights.

however, if it’s not, I really worry for the sad, sad person behind it

Have you ever seen Ian Stringer and What the Fuchs? In the same room?

Thought not...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well given we are all Leicester fans (mostly at least)  and  that he's been the only person providing radio commentary on everyone single one of our games for over 10 years this is not surprising is it.

Never heard the bloke, but if he's that bad then I suggest you log on to the BBC live text commentary instead of stressing yourself out listening to some  "tw#t" on local radio 

9 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I’m sorry for writing a coherent and inoffensive statement. Maybe there should be a pinned thread on the Forum Rules saying that anyone who disagrees with the mob in coherent sentences, and doesn’t use insults or swear words gets an automatic ban ?

Don't think it's your coherence or inoffensiveness that's the issue mate. It's what you're saying, not how you're saying it.

Though to frame your replies in the kind of language that Ian Stringer would use is actually genius. 

Because you're NOT Ian Stringer, are you?

To so consistently miss/ignore the point is such a Stringer thing to do, that I presume you're doing it in tribute to your hero.

And when people point out your use of language is betraying your identity you should be delighted. It means your parody account of how Ian Stringer would react to criticism is brilliantly observed and executed.

Because - and I think this needs emphasising ;

You're NOT Ian Stringer are you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

You’re wasting your time here mate, they don’t want to hear that lol

I'm actually made up for you Ian, you've gone to all this trouble, 3rd person conversations must be so tiring, yet you can't disguise the joy you personally feel over a compliment lollollol

• Like 1

I've just heard we've got it all wrong lads, due to the journalistic training and his proven covert skills he's landed a new gig for the summer, I'm sorry I thought you were Ian Stringer What the Fuchs? If you do happen to contact him wish him all the best in the new role please

4DNFA_SQ1_0000000029_MULTI_MDf.jpg

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Never heard the bloke, but if he's that bad then I suggest you log on to the BBC live text commentary instead of stressing yourself out listening to some  "tw#t" on local radio 

You're missing the point somewhat, he is pretty irrelevant these days for more and more people, in between attending live games illegal streams and sky/BT games there is basically no need for him. However there are some rare instances where you aren't left with a choice, for example you are out somewhere, or you are in the car going somewhere. Radio Leicester is the only option. And this is talking now, like I say he's been doing this for 10 years and we have been in either League One or the Championship for a lot of those years,  decent live Text or a streams were impossible to find 90% of the time.

And besides it is more the way he has abused his position and tried to whip up a frenzy in certain situations to influence what goes on the club that I take the most issue with, not his slightly juvenile commentary 

• Like 1