Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

I think sight gets lost with all the wannabe journos about these days. This bloke isn’t doing this off his own back, he isn’t Arsenal Fan TV or Give Me Sport or 90Min.com - he works for the ****ing BBC and he should start acting as such 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So do I call you Ian, colleague of Ian or fan of Ian? I do realise all 3 could be one and the same lol

For the purpose of my reply I'll assume you are Ian, I have based this on you joining the forum to specifically comment on this thread and defend yourself.

Take away some of the extreme comments Ian and take on board the many constructive comments and this could help improve  your commentary, how you come across to the fans and how they perceive you.

Utilise Pipes more discussing FOOTBALL, avoid fashion, boring stories about journey, snacks and especially the fkn irritating Matt Elliott impressions.

In game focus on patterns of play, who's on top, where problems lie what we could do to change, who's dangerous for us and more importantly describe what's happening in the game utilise Pipes.

I truly do hope this helps you Ian.

Also, don't laugh maniacally like a five year old at least five times every match, at things which only a five year old would find amusing.

That is soooooo annoying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well no, it had little to do with that and more to do with the cut throat gestures and stuff like him spending half a game slating Pearson for not showing passion and not being on the touch line, when he could actually barely move after a back operation. 

You forgot the Monday night phone ins. 

Has Pearson lost the plot. 

Is Pearson upto the job. 

Should Pearson be sacked. 

Also his selecting callers that agree with his opinion. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Well no, it had little to do with that and more to do with the cut throat gestures and stuff like him spending half a game slating Pearson for not showing passion and not being on the touch line, when he could actually barely move after a back operation. 

Oh do  not forget the "And is that the end of the road for Nigel Pearson"  line when QPR scored and we dropped into the bottom 3 for the first time in the entire season during the great escape season. 

I have said before as far as commentators you could do much worse at local radio level and he is probably one of the better ones (but when your up against the likes of John Barber that's not difficult) 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

You forgot the Monday night phone ins. 

Has Pearson lost the plot. 

Is Pearson upto the job. 

Should Pearson be sacked. 

Also his selecting callers that agree with his opinion. 

Unfortunately that's the modern media for you across most formats now, they are judged on calls and being controversial drums up interest. Hence why talksport survive and people like Savage, Mills etc keep getting gigs. 

8 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Seems there's an awful lot of people spend an awful lot of time listening to him! 

True. There's an awful lot of people spending an awful time listening to him...

Why?

Because he's awful!

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Seems there's an awful lot of people spend an awful lot of time listening to him! 

Well given we are all Leicester fans (mostly at least)  and  that he's been the only person providing radio commentary on everyone single one of our games for over 10 years this is not surprising is it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So do I call you Ian, colleague of Ian or fan of Ian? I do realise all 3 could be one and the same lol

For the purpose of my reply I'll assume you are Ian, I have based this on you joining the forum to specifically comment on this thread and defend yourself.

Take away some of the extreme comments Ian and take on board the many constructive comments and this could help improve  your commentary, how you come across to the fans and how they perceive you.

Utilise Pipes more discussing FOOTBALL, avoid fashion, boring stories about journey, snacks and especially the fkn irritating Matt Elliott impressions.

In game focus on patterns of play, who's on top, where problems lie what we could do to change, who's dangerous for us and more importantly describe what's happening in the game utilise Pipes.

I truly do hope this helps you Ian.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Well Ian, there's only one way to find out!

So because I’m calling you out for dishing out abuse without justifying it, that makes me Ian Stringer? Wow, why don’t you just justify your hate instead of changing the subject. And you guys all go on about how Owen and Pipes are better. The only times I ever find RL cringey is when those two are talking and stumbling over their words.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

So because I’m calling you out for dishing out abuse without justifying it, that makes me Ian Stringer? Wow, why don’t you just justify your hate instead of changing the subject. And you guys all go on about how Owen and Pipes are better. The only times I ever find RL cringey is when those two are talking and stumbling over their words.

Should you really be insulting your colleagues like that on such a public platform? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Piper is going to spark you when he reads that Ian!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Thanks for proving my point ??

I think if you read the thread there are numerous reasons he is hated you have reframed from entering into discussion about, in particular the cut throat gesture and Pearson propaganda. 

Now we are just taking the piss Ian, tbh.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Thanks for proving my point ??

What was your point?

Let's just assume for a second that you're not actually Stringer...

You asked for justification of the abuse, this thread is absolutely full of reasons why stringer is a Class A bellend. You seem to have glossed over all of them

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

What was your point?

Let's just assume for a second that you're not actually Stringer...

You asked for justification of the abuse, this thread is absolutely full of reasons why stringer is a Class A bellend. You seem to have glossed over all of them

Sounds like the kind of thing Ian Stringer would do.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, What the Fuchs? said:

So now you're slagging off your colleagues? :o

:whistle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Now now Ian calm down fella, I and others offered a critique on the areas that many people find cringey with your commentary. Please show me any one area of my posts containing abuse. Calling out on an opinion is fine ,I do think you'll be a better commentator if you took some of the points on board though.

As for abuse, would your criticisms of your colleagues Pipes and Owen be deemed abuse too? 

In conclusion I think if you read the posts the reason for criticisms have been laid out clearly, hence justification.

2 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I for one don't think What the Fuchs? Is Ian Stringer.

I mean, joining FT to leap to the defence of Ian Stringer is  absolutely  NOT the kind of thing Ian Stringer would do.

Still less slagging off his RL colleagues.

Not to mention completely missing the point when replying to other posters.

Just because WTF? Sounds uncannily like Ian Stringer..,

I am totally convinced What the Fuchs? ABSOLUTELY IS NOT IAN STRINGER!!

• Haha 3