Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don't want to know him in person my only interest in him is as a journalist covering the club and that's the capacity in which I judge him. But yes that was a nice thing to do, but it's neither here nor there really. Plenty of deplorable people are capable of doing the odd nice thing. 

During a time of instability when the club was struggling he insisted on letting a personal gripe get the better of him and used his position to make matters worse and did what he could to pile pressure on Nigel Pearson and get him sacked, had he been successful we'd of never had the great escape and we'd have never won the league. Think about that for a moment. Now some might be able to forgive that or like most defending him in here gloss over it and not address and just say no ones given a decent reason for detesting him when we clearly have, but I am not one of them.

100%

For instance, I am a lovely bloke, but you wouldn't want me as your postman.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Someone, politely, ask him on Twitter if it is indeed him.

If he responds yes, then don't know what to make of this.

Edit: Been quite sad really doing it especially on a Friday evening, but asked personally.. :whistle:

His response..

Ian Stringer
Hi *i*****. Thanks for the message. This isn’t me mate. I have a Foxes Talk Unser name I used for a few Q&As I did some years ago but not the one you said. Have a great weekend. Ian
8:49 pm

I hate that ****ing picture

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Edit: Been quite sad really doing it especially on a Friday evening, but asked personally.. :whistle:

His response..

Ian Stringer
Hi *i*****. Thanks for the message. This isn’t me mate. I have a Foxes Talk Unser name I used for a few Q&As I did some years ago but not the one you said. Have a great weekend. Ian

Cheers for the update William

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

His response..

Ian Stringer

just asked him if he was the real nicky he said yes

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

His response..

Ian Stringer

I believe Mr Stringer and our mystery poster both like to use mate in their posts lol

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

I really do wonder why anyone would want to defend Stringer. 

When I mess up in my work, I feel bad and a handful of people are disappointed.

When a young, inexperienced journalist does that (in spades, admittedly), there is no hiding place.

I'm not in any way defending what he did, but how many years has it been? Given that NP is talking to the hack we love to hate, do we think the squad will change their approach?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

When I mess up in my work, I feel bad and a handful of people are disappointed.

When a young, inexperienced journalist does that (in spades, admittedly), there is no hiding place.

I'm not in any way defending what he did, but how many years has it been? Given that NP is talking to the hack we love to hate, do we think the squad will change their approach?

I imagine it all comes down to whether that mistake causes the individual to alter their behaviour and outlook. If the opinion of those affected that they haven’t then I can understand a reluctance to re-open a dialogue. 

From purely a listeners perspective I can discern no difference in style and tone. 

1 hour ago, fleckneymike said:

I imagine it all comes down to whether that mistake causes the individual to alter their behaviour and outlook. If the opinion of those affected that they haven’t then I can understand a reluctance to re-open a dialogue. 

From purely a listeners perspective I can discern no difference in style and tone. 

Pearson looks like he has moved on, as I said. As a regular listener I guess you have already picked that up, so I guess you are referring to the squad.

When you look at how fast some other good young local journo's have escaped to London, we can see that Stringers ambitions to get to the top were always a pipe dream. Afaik, he learned on the job and it shows.

He f**ked up big time, showing off in front of the nationals (in hope of catching their eye) no doubt, but I imagine he has learned his lesson by now. He may be limited, awkward and pretty much indistinguishable from a dick at times, but I saw him outside the stadium 36 hours after the crash. He looked just as devastated as everyone else but he continued to broadcast, as was his duty.

Some will no doubt think he was milking it a bit, but I looked him in the eye that day, and he was in a terrible state, white as a sheet and fighting back tears. But he was still an important link to the people of Leicester in our darkest hours.

I don't particularly like him as a broadcaster and I don't think it is unreasonable to dislike him, but I hope the squad recognise he has done his time on the naughty step, and at least give him a chance to show that he has grown up.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Pearson looks like he has moved on, as I said. As a regular listener I guess you have already picked that up, so I guess you are referring to the squad.

I doubt very much Pearson has listened to his silly drivel since he was sacked. Yet he will be in the players faces every week. 

Used to listen to Radio 1 started to dislike the music so stopped listening. Sure if you are that bothered you can get matchday commentary elsewhere. Hopefully RL can get Chris Sutton to do a bit of co commentating to cheer people up. The Tigers have some unusual commentating on their games hopefully though without the bitterness we find on here.

• Like 2