Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

33 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don't want to know him in person my only interest in him is as a journalist covering the club and that's the capacity in which I judge him. But yes that was a nice thing to do, but it's neither here nor there really. Plenty of deplorable are capable of doing the odd nice thing. 

During a time of instability when the club was struggling he insisted on letting a personal gripe get the better of him and used his position to make matters worse and did what he could to pile pressure on Nigel Pearson and get him sacked, had he been successful we'd of never had the great escape and we'd have never won the league. Think about that for a moment. Now some might be able to forgive that or like most defending him in here gloss over it and not address and just say no ones given a decent reason for detesting him when we clearly have, but I am not one of them.

Putting all jokes aside, I totally agree Manwell, he is fortunate to have such a position and he should carry out the role by reporting and commentating not using the platform to shit stir, backstab and try to lose someone their job. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don't want to know him in person my only interest in him is as a journalist covering the club and that's the capacity in which I judge him. But yes that was a nice thing to do, but it's neither here nor there really. Plenty of deplorable people are capable of doing the odd nice thing. 

During a time of instability when the club was struggling he insisted on letting a personal gripe get the better of him and used his position to make matters worse and did what he could to pile pressure on Nigel Pearson and get him sacked, had he been successful we'd of never had the great escape and we'd have never won the league. Think about that for a moment. Now some might be able to forgive that or like most defending him in here gloss over it and not address and just say no ones given a decent reason for detesting him when we clearly have, but I am not one of them.

Pearson was under a lot of pressure and I along with quite a few people I know had had enough, especially after drawing 0-0 against 10 man Hull, while playing with 5 at the back in a must win game. I know we were wrong in the end, but who was to know we would do the impossible?

2 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Pearson was under a lot of pressure and I along with quite a few people I know had had enough, especially after drawing 0-0 against 10 man Hull, while playing with 5 at the back in a must win game. I know we were wrong in the end, but who was to know we would do the impossible?

It is never the job of a journalist to try and directly influence the a club level decision by whipping up it's supporters into a frenzy no matter what they think of the manager. That is not their job. 

Besides I think we both know it started a long time before the Hull game, that was in March. The Pearson out agenda started well before the turn of the year and it was based on a long standing bad relationship, but you are more than aware of that too. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

25 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Is that an admission?

1743571080_images(1).jpeg.6915d104215f35311e85612978a32a47.jpeg

I'm not here to add to the grief but if you came out and said it you'd probably get less hassle.

• Like 1

I've met him a couple of times at matches and he always seems nice enough, pretty humble and happy to make time to talk. I also enjoy his commentary, his passion is genuine and makes you feel the game.

On the other hand I know someone who got an email off him asking for free first class flights to Florida for him and his family when he was going to do a charity run.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Unnecessarily ramped up even more by an employee of BBC Radio Leicester 

43 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I’m really in two minds whether this actually is Ian. Either way it’s poor from whoever it is

Don't think there's too much room for doubt - especially after the Hull City contribution...

The only post that gave me pause was when he slagged off his RL colleagues. That seemed a bit too Alan Partridge, even for Stringer. 

But the prickliness, the self-regard and the humourlessness kind of confirmed it for me. Not to mention the dogged persistence, which seems odd if you're just sticking up for someone else. And, of course, the odd use of language...

Must say though, I found it totally hilarious.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

You’re wasting your time here mate, they don’t want to hear that lol

This proves it. ‘You’re’ and ‘your’ used correctly in the SAME sentence on Foxestalk plus a well appointed comma to boot. Defo a journalist. Defo Stringer.

• Like 1

If you want any more proof he is a weasel, if that’s him, which will be evident when this mysterious new user doesn’t continue posting on here, he’s slagged off the ability of near enough everyone he works with in the name of improving his own image. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It is never the job of a journalist to try and directly influence the a club level decision by whipping up it's supporters into a frenzy no matter what they think of the manager. That is not their job. 

Besides I think we both know it started a long time before the Hull game, that was in March. The Pearson out agenda started well before the turn of the year and it was based on a long standing bad relationship, but you are more than aware of that too. 

Is Manwell Pablo a pseudonym for Nigel Pearson. Haha.  

I think Stringer and the sports team deserve a lot of credit for transforming the output radio Leicester. The club is covered like never before and that is due to the ambition of Stringer. 

The downside to this expansion in coverage has been Ian’s lack of a journalistic background which has resulted in him attempting to create a story rather than allowing one to develop. That ruthless ambition which has seen us benefit from broader coverage also sees us exposed to a desire to make everything seem huge and epic via prepenned off the cuff comments which just add to the sense of a lack of authenticity and sincerity 

• Like 2

Someone, politely, ask him on Twitter if it is indeed him.

If he responds yes, then don't know what to make of this.

Edit: Been quite sad really doing it especially on a Friday evening, but asked personally.. :whistle:

His response..

Ian Stringer
Hi *i*****. Thanks for the message. This isn’t me mate. I have a Foxes Talk Unser name I used for a few Q&As I did some years ago but not the one you said. Have a great weekend. Ian
8:49 pm
Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1