Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

If only life was as simple that my biggest concern was "God that Ian bloke is annoying, wish he would stop being irritating".

Personally, I've met him once or twice and he seemed a decent enough guy, and really his commentary is more descriptive than alternative stations where you could be left with long moments of silence. He actually has passion for the team evidenced by his reactions to goals and he isn't afraid to ask uncomfortable questions to the right people should it be needed.

Could always be worse gents, could have that Geoff guy off Talksport :ph34r: (joking by the way, definitely Durham would be worse)

• Like 2

Have not got a problem with him and was impressed with Matt Piper talking about dealing with his Demons the other night that I was unaware of. Find yourself ever listening to R Derby or R Notts and you will count your blessings. Years ago in the 80's lived in Gloucestershire and now and again went with a mate to watch Bristol City. Used to come back and he loved the Bristol Rovers reporter who was brutal. Sort of bloke who would interview the manager by starting off with a " Absolutely shocking defeat 3-0 at Lincoln today. More effort put in by the fans in getting here than on the pitch, is that the most spineless performance of the season, surely the 80 travelling fans deserved better". Comedy Gold

• Like 2

Man. So many rustled jimmies in here.

You can tell the season is over when FT goes back to absolutely battering RL. 

Some... Ok, a lot of it is cringe-inducing (the stuff with Meighan is unlistenable, IMO) but whatever, just avoid it.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Some... Ok, a lot of it is cringe-inducing (the stuff with Meighan is unlistenable, IMO) but whatever, just avoid it.

giphy.gif

The actual Meighan stuff is fine, it's the playing up to him that does get me which I will admit is cringe... but if you don't enjoy it then don't listen to it.

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

giphy.gif

Think of it as tough love. We're just trying to make Strings and RL better with a bit of constructive criticism. :thumbup:

The worst thing about these threads is that you know he absolutely loves the fact he's got 8 page about him, despite being almost irrelevant now we're in the prem.

Mission accomplished, probably got a pay rise on the back of the extra RL traffic. lol

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Not to mention all the shit hes had in his personal life lately. 

I’m sorry but that has absolutely Bob all to do with anything. Add that to the fact that he insists on plastering his personal life all over social media anyway. He loves the limelight, he loves to make it all about him. He’s a terrible advert for a journalist, I have a degree in Journalism and his techniques aren’t taught, at all. He’s quite frankly a weirdo who’s been lucky enough to end up on public broadcast radio. As I said I’m lucky enough not to have to listen to him but at the same time I’ll stand by my long standing opinion. 

The rest of your post was fairly well written and considered to be fair I understand why some might like him but for me he completely rubs me up the wrong way. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’m sorry but that has absolutely Bob all to do with anything. Add that to the fact that he insists on plastering his personal life all over social media anyway. He loves the limelight, he loves to make it all about him. He’s a terrible advert for a journalist, I have a degree in Journalism and his techniques aren’t taught, at all. He’s quite frankly a weirdo who’s been lucky enough to end up on public broadcast radio. As I said I’m lucky enough not to have to listen to him but at the same time I’ll stand by my long standing opinion. 

The rest of your post was fairly well written and considered to be fair I understand why some might like him but for me he completely rubs me up the wrong way. 

I mean... it is HIS own personal twitter account, think he is entitled to do that lol

• Like 1

Each to their own but I think the general criticism is a bit harsh. I was glad to see his Pearson post and rather than it making me think about Stringer, it just went to show what a top bloke NP is. 

Stringer does get on my nerves sometimes and as many have stated above, the playing up to Elliott and Meighan as if they're best mates is utterly cringeworthy. Moaning about him putting personal stuff on his Twitter is ridiculous. Just don't follow him? I sometimes listen to RL on the way back from a game, but I can't be doing with the forum or boot room, unless there's a special piece.

Having said that, if he did choose to enter his own pieces on Vichai's death for an award, that's poor form. I find it very weird that he can idolise so many players who quite obviously don't like him.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know nothing of the man. However, comments like 'I bet he was bullied at school', as if that was a valid criticism or that he might have warranted it, tell me far more of the mentality of those criticising than it does about him. 

You’re absolutely right. Tbh my first post was on this thread cos I saw it and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Everyone’s so angry and for WHAT? So many iconic moments listening to strings over the years, the Allez Les Bleus moments still sends shivers down my spine (even though I know what ended up happening lol). It’s like people on this forum will accept no less than Martin Tyler on RL. Not going to happen. You don’t know what you’ve got til its gone guys, I’m sure we don’t want Jason Bourne doing the commentary again ?

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I mean... it is HIS own personal twitter account, think he is entitled to do that lol

Yeah okay I’ll take that point. But I don’t think you can use his personal life as an excuse when it’s aired so publicly. That’s the point I’m trying to make. I feel like he uses his stance as a journalist as a vehicle to put himself in the limelight which to be honest Is just poor form, his job is to bring others to account, that’s the role of a journalist. 

Edited by Manini

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know nothing of the man. However, comments like 'I bet he was bullied at school', as if that was a valid criticism or that he might have warranted it, tell me far more of the mentality of those criticising than it does about him. 

I agree, I don’t think it’s fair to say things like that 

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

Yeah okay I’ll take that point. But I don’t think you can use his personal life as an excuse when it’s aired so publicly. That’s the point I’m trying to make. I feel like he uses his stance as a journalist as a vehicle to put himself in the limelight which to be honest Is just poor form, his job is to bring others to account, that’s the role of a journalist. 

What on earth are you talking about? He can't talk about his personal life on his own personal twitter account??? If anything I think he's been transparent about the world he is in and in some ways, it gives you insight into the world of football journalism. I have never felt he has been arrogant around this and instead very open to discussing and showing you the kind of stuff that goes on.

And honestly, he does the element of bringing others to account very well, remember... Pearson refused to speak with him! Perhaps pressing questions to him that he didn't like.

Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea and no-one is saying you have to like him but generally some of the comments on here can be deemed as more of a personal attack on the guy, if you don't like him there are plenty of other ways to get your fill on Leicester City, Radio Leicester is by no means the be-all and end-all of footballing news.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

What on earth are you talking about? He can't talk about his personal life on his own personal twitter account??? If anything I think he's been transparent about the world he is in and in some ways, it gives you insight into the world of football journalism. I have never felt he has been arrogant around this and instead very open to discussing and showing you the kind of stuff that goes on.

And honestly, he does the element of bringing others to account very well, remember... Pearson refused to speak with him! Perhaps pressing questions to him that he didn't like.

Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea and no-one is saying you have to like him but generally some of the comments on here can be deemed as more of a personal attack on the guy, if you don't like him there are plenty of other ways to get your fill on Leicester City, Radio Leicester is by no means the be-all and end-all of footballing news.

Somebody mentioned above “not to mention all of the personal stuff he’s been through” that’s what I’m talking about, I don’t think that should make any difference. I don’t know if we have our wires crossed here, you are right he can post what he likes on his Twitter, however as somebody else has mentioned, adding the piece about his dad emigrating or whatever at the end of the Pearson tweet is just a bit odd. This again is the sort of stuff I’m talking about. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, everton carr said:

Thought Stringer was Teetotal says so on the boot room just about every week

Sure I already replied to this.

Bit weird he's making a point of that every week when it has absloutley nothing to do with the content of the programme don't you think lol 

He certainly didn't look tee total from where I was standing.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Sure I already replied to this.

Bit weird he's making a point of that every week when it has absloutley nothing to do with the content of the programme don't you think lol 

He certainly didn't look tee total from where I was standing.

Well the show is hosted from a pub. I’m surprised you haven’t complained about that.

20 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Well the show is hosted from a pub. I’m surprised you haven’t complained about that.

So say it once. Not every week. 

Why would I complain about that, I've got plenty of actual things to complain about like the fact he's an attention seeking Muppet and a shit stirring weasel and the sooner he has nothing to do with the club (not that he has anything to do with the club itself anymore and he only has him self to blame) the better.

18 minutes ago, sishades said:

Doesnt everyone?

And I don't really why know why Manini has backed down to this arguement, put simply, no, no they do not, I don't and I know plenty of other people that don't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So say it once. Not every week. 

Why would I complain about that, I've got plenty of actual things to complain about like the fact he's an attention seeking Muppet and a shit stirring weasel and the sooner he has nothing to do with the club (not that he has anything to do with the club itself anymore and he only has him self to blame) the better.

And I don't really why know why Manini has backed down to this arguement, put simply, no, no they do not, I don't and I know plenty of other people that don't. 

Sounds like you’re describing Chris Sutton, NOT Ian Stringer.

7 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person Ian? lol

Honestly the amount of unwarranted abuse in this thread is reminiscent of the Spurs forum, I thought we were better than that. Is everyone still crying about when he tried to get Pearson to apologise for swearing at that fan? Move on.