Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

Its time.

The club needs to change this ridiculous situation, I would guess its been 4 years since they infamous incident and its just time they all got over it and worked together to provide the public and their supporters with fair and balanced coverage.

@Ian Stringer - Acknowledge your error and let some one else interview them for a month or two.

LCFC - From Jan 1st 2019 lets just put it behind us and start supplying players and feedback to the local radio station and your supporters.

We are bigger than petty rivalries. 

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Its time.

The club needs to change this ridiculous situation, I would guess its been 4 years since they infamous incident and its just time they all got over it and worked together to provide the public and their supporters with fair and balanced coverage.

@Ian Stringer - Acknowledge your error and let some one else interview them for a month or two.

LCFC - From Jan 1st 2019 lets just put it behind us and start supplying players and feedback to the local radio station and your supporters.

We are bigger than petty rivalries. 

I agree it would be better if all parties can move on, but it's neither here nor there for me. I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio Leicester's coverage and I'm certainly not hanging on Stringer getting a couple of sound bites from Harry Maguire in the tunnel after a game. 

• Like 1

We get extended interviews and quotes from LCFC players/manager on Sky, BBC, BT and several other outlets. 

So I'm completely indifferent about this situation. I agree it's getting very petty now, but I'm not particularly bothered.

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I agree it would be better if all parties can move on, but it's neither here nor there for me. I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio Leicester's coverage and I'm certainly not hanging on Stringer getting a couple of sound bites from Harry Maguire in the tunnel after a game. 

Sadly my LCFC life is built around BBC RL.

Its the best way to get any information down here... So yes, I listen to the prematch (not the game coz thats blocked lol), I listen to the post match. I listen to the forum podcast and often even the bootroom (if only to hear the Birch meander through the world).

I would like to hear a few words from Harry or any player, just get a little idea for what they are thinking or feeling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Sadly my LCFC life is built around BBC RL.

Its the best way to get any information down here... So yes, I listen to the prematch (not the game coz thats blocked lol), I listen to the post match. I listen to the forum podcast and often even the bootroom (if only to hear the Birch meander through the world).

I would like to hear a few words from Harry or any player, just get a little idea for what they are thinking or feeling.

yeah I see that mate, to be fair. It does seem ridiculous that the club haven't buried the hatchet. I presume this is still stemming from Pearson's spiky relationship with RL? 

If so, then it seems crazy to carry it on since he has left. Unless there is more to it.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Stringer has never acknowledged his crass behaviour, let alone apologise for it, so I fully support the player’s stance. 

I thought you of all people would admire them sticking to their principles, Oz. I get that you and others are missing out, but the blame lies squarely with Stringer and RL. 

Yes I certainly admire people with principles, thats why i said that @Ian Stringer should acknowledge... but, there are now many players who were not a part of that situation that have been dragged along... 

ok if Vards etc dont want to.. but its really grown ups time now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

Stringer has never acknowledged his crass behaviour, let alone apologise for it, so I fully support the player’s stance.

This.

25 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Yes I certainly admire people with principles, thats why i said that @Ian Stringer should acknowledge... but, there are now many players who were not a part of that situation that have been dragged along... 

ok if Vards etc dont want to.. but its really grown ups time now.

I imagine any new players have been allowed to have their say and have chosen to support their colleagues.

I think it's also worth noting that it wouldn't have gone on this long without the club's (and therefore, Vichai's) tacit approval.

Guest bss9401

I don't listen in on matchdays so was not aware that this was still going on. Has IS admitted to the gesture and apologised? If he did admit it then I wonder whether he would be sacked on the spot by the BBC for unprofessional behaviour. If this were the case then it is a serious stalemate as LCFC would be within their rights to demand an apology before they moved on. 

There are other outlets I guess. Get to hear quite a lot from the players on social media now, twitter, interviews on football focus, sky etc. facebook, interviews on lcfc.com, behind the scenes videos, access, things like tunnel cam, instagram, there's quite a lot of access to the players now.

I do remember the interviews between Pearson and Stringer being very awkward and uncomfortable to listen to at times.

• Like 1

The players should surely be obligated to talk to their local radio station if there obligated to talk to other media outlets. if they don't want to talk to Ian Stringer can't they ask for another reporter from rdio Leicester, or is that too simple!.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

We get extended interviews and quotes from LCFC players/manager on Sky, BBC, BT and several other outlets. 

So I'm completely indifferent about this situation. I agree it's getting very petty now, but I'm not particularly bothered.

So do we just wait until we get relegated before we become bothered that we aren't getting something that we otherwise would have?

22 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

The players should surely be obligated to talk to their local radio station if there obligated to talk to other media outlets. if they don't want to talk to Ian Stringer can't they ask for another reporter from rdio Leicester, or is that too simple!.

They asked for another reporter I believe but RL wouldn't send one.

22 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

From what I remember they did say they'd talk to someone else. But Radio Leicester dug their heels in.

25 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I personally don't think anyone should be obligated to talk to the press tbqh, even the manager. They should do so because they want to and they should want to because they recognise the value. Its up to the broadcaster to ensure the latter. 

I take a strongly Marshawn Lynch stance on the idea of anyone being "obligated" to have a mic shoved in their face by some hack looking for drama. 

• Like 4

With social media and in particular with vlog it's been shown that traditional radio both national and local is fast losing it's audience especially amongst younger listeners as is main stream TV so I suspect in the longer run we'll see more vblog type efforts coming to the fore.