Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

What can we as individuals and collectively as FT members learn from Vichai?

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The "golden rule" in the gospels is kind of an enhancement of the older mosaic law. The "not doing to others what you don't want done to you" requires no action at all, whilst "doing to others as you you would want them to do to you" is proactive. It's a simple idea, not always easy, but if everyone did it, it would be a wonderful world.

Not a fan of the golden rule myself, I can think of several things that I would really dislike being done to me, but which others would quite like done to them. Much prefer Vichai's philosophy of gaining personal happiness from bringing happiness to those around us.

But yeah. The events have caused me to rethink my interactions with others quite a bit, and I've done a few positive things that I wouldn't have done previously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Not a fan of the golden rule myself, I can think of several things that I would really dislike being done to me, but which others would quite like done to them. Much prefer Vichai's philosophy of gaining personal happiness from bringing happiness to those around us.

But yeah. The events have caused me to rethink my interactions with others quite a bit, and I've done a few positive things that I wouldn't have done previously.

Obviously, if you're a sado-masochist, feel free not to follow this principle, at least, not in my presence.

11 hours ago, MPH said:

Vichai was such an amazing individual. We all know that. It can not be stated enough.

but is there any point in acknowledging that if we don’t in some way allow him to impact our lives?

what I am basically saying is that I feel the best tribute we as invididuals and as FT members could pay Kuhn Vichai and his family, is to learn something from him...  to pass on his legacy, so to speak.

Basicslly, what I am saying is how he treated each individual he met was top class. He was respectful and gave them all time.

i have absolutely loved the respect and more gentle nature of this forum recently... I have been quite uneasy with some of the vitriol that has been on foxestalk the last couple of years and will hold my hand up and say I have been guilty of it myself...

so in short, can we keep this up? Can we just be a lot nicer and kinder to each other? Let’s just allow differing opinions without trying be so vitriolic in our responses?

personally I think that would be the best tribute we could pay Kuhn Vichai- moving forward, to learn from him and allow him to impact our lives.

Fantastic post and great thread!! The way I am going about letting Vichai affect my life is to have a silent voice asking myself “how would Vichai act” when facing difficult or challenging situations come up in my everyday life. I already see how it is changing things for me and others around me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've learned that when I become a multi billionaire I can still be a very lovely human being.

And just remember who bought one of your bloody books all them years ago when we were all young and stress free!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MPH said:

Vichai was such an amazing individual. We all know that. It can not be stated enough.

but is there any point in acknowledging that if we don’t in some way allow him to impact our lives?

what I am basically saying is that I feel the best tribute we as invididuals and as FT members could pay Kuhn Vichai and his family, is to learn something from him...  to pass on his legacy, so to speak.

Basicslly, what I am saying is how he treated each individual he met was top class. He was respectful and gave them all time.

i have absolutely loved the respect and more gentle nature of this forum recently... I have been quite uneasy with some of the vitriol that has been on foxestalk the last couple of years and will hold my hand up and say I have been guilty of it myself...

so in short, can we keep this up? Can we just be a lot nicer and kinder to each other? Let’s just allow differing opinions without trying be so vitriolic in our responses?

personally I think that would be the best tribute we could pay Kuhn Vichai- moving forward, to learn from him and allow him to impact our lives.

Couldn't agree more. There have been times when I've avoided reading threads on here due to unnecessary squabbling, putting it mildly but I've  been heartened by the posts, dignity and empathy on here since the accident. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we can all have different ones but how they're expressed and respected is the significant part. 

It would indeed be fitting if we could maintain being kinder to each other. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Couldn't agree more. There have been times when I've avoided reading threads on here due to unnecessary squabbling, putting it mildly but I've  been heartened by the posts, dignity and empathy on here since the accident. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we can all have different ones but how they're expressed and respected is the significant part. 

It would indeed be fitting if we could maintain being kinder to each other. 

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

One thing I’m going to try my best to do is to not moan when I don’t think a player/the team is playing well.

One thing this tragedy has taught me is to be ‘glass half full’ on the forum.

The manager, the lads have my full backing from now on.

I hear you. Gives you a totally different perspective. :-(

It all feels a bit new years eve making promises to better and improve yourself.

Fair play if anyone does become a better person from this tragedy, but you'd hope most people already had pretty good morals and values anyway.

I imagine come January, the nice posters will still be nice and the more angry aggressive people will still be angry and aggressive

• Like 1

This tragedy came shortly after a particularly bad time for me personally (see depression thread) which culminated in me doing a lot of self awareness work/soul

searching.

This video posted in another thread is excellent

And my reaction to it, fits well here.

"

Love that. Im going to use it for a management training video when my company is big enough.

I always wondered what company culture i want to create. THIS IS IT!

Thanks for being you Vichai, you legend."

However, during a particular bad time with a very unhealthy business partnership, i also believe i can learn from vichai's sometimes apparently ruthless sackings and also how he got rid of the bad eggs (largely via nigel pearson), which i interpret as no change in the way he treated them, proven by the amount of sacked managers who have paid their respects), but, alongside the story of him abruptly stopping being a Chelsea fan, he will not tolerate things he does not agree with, or being treated in a way that he does not agree with.

As some have said, easier said than done at times, and from personal experience, some people just do not deserve your compassion unfortunately, and need to be eradicated from your life in order to be able to be the best version of yourself.

A but muddled i know and mixed between business and personal and obviously tainted by my own experiences, however this man is one i want to emulate as much as i possibly can.

What he have me in life through Leicester city, is more than i coukd ever have imagined, but i feel i have gained even more in his passing, from finding out more about the man himself.

My hero.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It all feels a bit new years eve making promises to better and improve yourself.

Fair play if anyone does become a better person from this tragedy, but you'd hope most people already had pretty good morals and values anyway.

I imagine come January, the nice posters will still be nice and the more angry aggressive people will still be angry and aggressive

I do see your point.

personally I don’t think we ever stop learning from the people around us wether that’s conciously or subconsciously and positively or negatively..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Just looking above thread it seems Col is on the turn then ?

Frankly folks it shouldn't take this type of event involving someone most of us never knew and were never likely too to start behaving in a decent manner to our fellows.

Internet forums are what they are and this is usually one of the more civilised so lets keep it going.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

One thing I’m going to try my best to do is to not moan when I don’t think a player/the team is playing well.

One thing this tragedy has taught me is to be ‘glass half full’ on the forum.

The manager, the lads have my full backing from now on.

We'll see how long this lasts then Col lol