Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

What can we as individuals and collectively as FT members learn from Vichai?

I'm not religious although had a  religious childhood and there's some texts in there that are appropriate

Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount -  “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.”  Or as written these days - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

The Mosaic law contains a parallel commandment: “Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

Or you could follow this text - “If you wouldn’t say it to your mother or your wife, then don’t say it.” But I guess that's on dodgy ground these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Respect. 

This, as simple as that.

Everyone sees the game differently, everyone has differing optinions. And that's great! But try to have a discussion instead of just using negative vitriol. Don't think a player / manager is any good? No problem! But why not try and point out both the good and bad of said incumbent. Try to see the argument from both sides and formulate a conclusion or opinion based on it. 

For me the best posters I see on here act in this manner. Sometimes we agree with one another, sometimes we don't! But even when we don't, we have a good conversation and it's more like a debate in school / university than slinging insults at one another. Sometimes the other person even changes my way of thinking through pointing out some things I hadn't considered.

The last 2 weeks have shown what a FAMILY Leicester city supporters and the community is, that was Vichai's legacy. Sometimes your family will drive you mad, you can't believe you're related to them and you want nothing to do with them. But they are your family and then you remember that you love them and would do anything for them* and that actually you are on the same side and probably want the same things.

*Assuming you're not from a Mitchell brothers soap-opera style family where family members want to kill one another!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I'd been toying with volunteering at our local food bank up the road from me in Luton, and had been putting it off. I think it's fair to say that the Vichai tragedy made me get on with it and sign up, and I did my induction session this morning. Glad I did too

Thats fantastic news. So pleased to hear that. I periodically cook for homeless people in a shelter that my church runs. 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm not religious although had a  religious childhood and there's some texts in there that are appropriate

Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount -  “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.”  Or as written these days - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

The Mosaic law contains a parallel commandment: “Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

Or you could follow this text - “If you wouldn’t say it to your mother or your wife, then don’t say it.” But I guess that's on dodgy ground these days.

The "golden rule" in the gospels is kind of an enhancement of the older mosaic law. The "not doing to others what you don't want done to you" requires no action at all, whilst "doing to others as you you would want them to do to you" is proactive. It's a simple idea, not always easy, but if everyone did it, it would be a wonderful world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This, as simple as that.

Everyone sees the game differently, everyone has differing optinions. And that's great! But try to have a discussion instead of just using negative vitriol. Don't think a player / manager is any good? No problem! But why not try and point out both the good and bad of said incumbent. Try to see the argument from both sides and formulate a conclusion or opinion based on it. 

For me the best posters I see on here act in this manner. Sometimes we agree with one another, sometimes we don't! But even when we don't, we have a good conversation and it's more like a debate in school / university than slinging insults at one another. Sometimes the other person even changes my way of thinking through pointing out some things I hadn't considered.

The last 2 weeks have shown what a FAMILY Leicester city supporters and the community is, that was Vichai's legacy. Sometimes your family will drive you mad, you can't believe you're related to them and you want nothing to do with them. But they are your family and then you remember that you love them and would do anything for them* and that actually you are on the same side and probably want the same things.

*Assuming you're not from a Mitchell brothers soap-opera style family where family members want to kill one another!

Respect. 

And as much as I say that most of my problems with other clubs have been buried. But for personal reasons that will never happen with spurs. 

Watford fans fans have been great Deeney Day means nothing now. As with so many things. Our local rivals mean nothing now other than match day. 

But I'll never forgive someone trying to stab me. And wembley punching women. The salty feckers after our title win is just lol lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1