Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

54 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why a Leicester City fan who has a larger life span than 3 years would want to sack a manager who has us 8th in the top tier. What on earth are you expecting? To win the league every year?

...because where we’ve been in the past has nothing to do with where we are now and the potential of this current team?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

...because where we’ve been in the past has nothing to do with where we are now and the potential of this current team?

Potential yes. Take out Kasper, Wes and Vardy and it’s a very young team. Development of young players takes time. I’m detecting a lack of patience amongst our fan base and an inability to take our defeats on the chin. It’s football, sometimes you get beat or draw. We, of all supporters should know that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The better ones of which have been recruited since or just before Puel's arrival the others he got lumbered with. He's  had to work with some overpaid, ill bought complete duffers, half of which nobody will want because they wouldn't be able to use them either. We're not exactly batting back the agents who have got Premiership clubs gagging to buy Slimani, Silva , Iborra or Iheancho have we. In the meantime he's revitalised Mendy, who most on here wanted rid of,  such was there knowledge. Persisted with Chilwell, again, who has since played as an England international  against some sparkling sage like advice on here. Very gradually introduced Choudhury and Soyuncu appropriately. Persisted with Pereira when doubted (including by me). Brought in Maddison, loaned out Benkovic and Barnes for decent experience knowing that was better than languishing outside the first team, increasing their experience and possibly value. For those wrong about the talents of Chilwell and Pereira, could there also be the faintest possibility that you may also be wrong  about Ghezzal when he's gained more experience and played in possibly a different position? Lots of people, loads of opinion, oodles of ideas upon how to pick and manage our football team ... no day to day knowledge of the players, no gauging of their abilities in training, no current updates regarding fitness and injuries carried, no insight into players personal situations and needs. No knowledge of any lazy, disenchanted or toxic squad members. None of this is required as an armchair manager on Foxtalk to either pick a team, buy a player or sack a current manager because despite knowing the square root of bugger all, we know best. That goes for so called media types as well. They may claim to have the odd supposed source, but, does that source have a perdonsl axe to grind? Do they speak for everyone?  Can they be trusted? Does the media leak information for the good of the club or the good of their and their paymasters careerist future fortunes? we're all on the outside looking in.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Compared to an unpredictable but exciting relegation battle I'll take 8th and boring all day long 

Depends on your perspective, I remember all the seasons of top and bottom battles throughout the years but not much of mid table mediocrity, not that I’m suggesting 8th in the premier league is mediocre I just have an issue with the placid football !!

5 hours ago, Shah johns said:

Depends on your perspective, I remember all the seasons of top and bottom battles throughout the years but not much of mid table mediocrity, not that I’m suggesting 8th in the premier league is mediocre I just have an issue with the placid football !!

It’s more like flaccid football it’s so flat . . . 

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, United and Arsenal are the top six sides in the country. By a distance. Next come probably us, Everton and West Ham all battling for 7th. If they hit a good bit of form, the likes of Watford and Wolves could join that battle.  We should be finishing between 7th and 10th. I would argue that 7th would represent an excellent season, 10th slightly disappointing, lower than 10th would be bad.  We're currently 8th and with some ups and downs in our performances but we are about where we should be.

To take our club to the next level, we need to be nailed on for 7th and regularly challenging those massive top 6 teams.

I'm not sure what people expect, but I doubt there is a manager in the world that could come in, click his fingers and transform us into a top 6 team.  What we need is someone with a long term plan who invests in youth and carry us through a transitional period where we might not win every game we should be winning on paper.

What we don't need is instabilty and someone coming in  and starting again with a new plan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, United and Arsenal are the top six sides in the country. By a distance. Next come probably us, Everton and West Ham all battling for 7th. If they hit a good bit of form, the likes of Watford and Wolves could join that battle.  We should be finishing between 7th and 10th. I would argue that 7th would represent an excellent season, 10th slightly disappointing, lower than 10th would be bad.  We're currently 8th and with some ups and downs in our performances but we are about where we should be.

To take our club to the next level, we need to be nailed on for 7th and regularly challenging those massive top 6 teams.

I'm not sure what people expect, but I doubt there is a manager in the world that could come in, click his fingers and transform us into a top 6 team.  What we need is someone with a long term plan who invests in youth and carry us through a transitional period where we might not win every game we should be winning on paper.

What we don't need is instabilty and someone coming in  and starting again with a new plan.

Im confused, do you want him to stay or go? Because he seems to do that every game.

Unfortunately whether you are a Puel in or Puel out it doesn’t matter really what we think because when the hierarchy at LCFC either back Puel or replace him it won’t matter what any of us think!

That is why I for one whilst Puel is the manager of our fantastic football club will back him all the way, yes he has made us cringe at times with team selections and tactics and substitutions But puel is Leicester city’s manager and we should back him like we back the players 100% until the powers to be change the manager !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

I will back him till we sack him. But based on the boring football at the kp in the last calander year he should be well gone.If he signs some good and/or exciting let him have till the end of the season.In my H O He will eventually break the spirit of the team and fans and it will end in relegation.

IMHO the most important thing is for the club to stick with the emerging strategy of investing in young players. This is far more important than whether Puel himself is kept or discarded, and is the only way top 7 consistency is ever likely to be achieved.

This means that if they do decide to roll the dice they must choose someone capable of sticking with this plan, and preferably not do anything unless they already have a shortlist of realistic candidates in mind.

• Like 1

Thing's are not great but I feel we are getting better. Saturday was unlucky and we should be beating these sorts of teams. When I go back to the 90's and the Sheff  Wend game and O'Niell should be out protests. We are safe this season so lets see how it goes for the next 4 or 5 months. I will not be happy if we do not win the F.A. Cup. :beer:

Sacked or backed? 

I'm disappointed at the limited number of poll options. As an LCFC fan, I'm used to continuous entertainment and expect better.

Can I suggest some extra poll options?

- "Tracked and whacked": Al Pacino to lead a mafia hit squad to take him out

- "Backed, sacked and cracked": Give the hairy Frenchman (all Frenchmen are hairy, aren't they?) a good waxing; might encourage him to smarten his act up

- "Racked and cacked": A session on the rack at the Tower of London until he cacks his French bloomers; it's the only language these people understand

- "Hacked and packed": Bug his phone till we have the evidence to make him pack his garlic-whiffy poncy man bag

- "Quacked, smacked and facked": Set him up for an outrageous S&M scandal featuring ducks (always kinky those French); that'll get rid of him

What do ye reckon, lads and lasses?! :whistle:

Or, I suppose we could just get behind him and see how things look in May and in the autumn..... :dunno: 

• Like 1