Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

57 minutes ago, yks said:

They finished two places higher with Mané, Pellé, Wanyama and a fully fit Van Dijk for all season...
The team he inherited was nothing like the one that played the season before and he finished 8th.
The next year the team was better than his one and they avoided relegation thanks to a miracle.

Plus the "games were boring" was kind of a myth.
Just look at the stats, Southampton created way morechances and shots than most of teams of the League, but when the guys supposed to finish those chances are Austin, Redmond or Gabbiadini, it can be difficult... like if they were Iheanacho, Gray and Albrighton for instance...

But instead of blaming the players, the fans blamed the coach, unable to see their attacking options were nowhere near the ones they had the year before.
It's almost like if our fans couldn't understand that we have more difficulties to score now that Mahrez have left and Vardy can't start half the games due to fitness issues...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4519956/Southampton-set-axe-Puel-clashes-players.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Haha. There are multiple sources all saying the same thing. LOL. Keep jumping through hoops to defend Puel if it makes you happy. 

That's funny you still chose to quote the Daily Mail with all these "multiple sources"...

5 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

What part of he then signed some dross (like he has here) are you not getting... same lame excuses like most Puel inners 

Soyuncu, Pereira, Maddison and Evans are dross now? Ha, these outers.

The dross and over-bloated squad are not on him and he started to cull the herd this summer. Only Diabaté, after a somewhat promising debut, has faded away and even then I wouldn't write him off.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, l444ry said:

Well well well 

Sportsmail has been told that Puel has repeatedly clashed with numerous players this season who are unhappy with his erratic rotation policy, often changing half the starting XI for each match.

13 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Ok you obviously love him, that’s your opinion. But Southampton have finally got the right appointment and will finish above us if we stick with Puel this season. 

So Southamptons manager has had 2 games in charge and from that you’ve decyphered that he is right for them. Can’t make some of the comments on here up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Soyuncu, Pereira, Maddison and Evans are dross now? Ha, these outers.

The dross and over-bloated squad are not on him and he started to cull the herd this summer. Only Diabaté, after a somewhat promising debut, has faded away and even then I wouldn't write him off.

Soyuncu was £20 mil but isn't played, Evans, isn't played, Maddison is not as good as everyone makes out... and nice try leaving out Ghezzal…

15 hours ago, Foxboy said:

So Southamptons manager has had 2 games in charge and from that you’ve decyphered that he is right for them. Can’t make some of the comments on here up.

No... that isn't the point at all. I said I liked him from what he was doing in Germany, so was disappointed we didn't go for him in the summer. His style would have suited us more than Southampton probably, but Puel is the messiah so lets look past all the sh*** football with those rose tinted glasses and continue to believe things will change/get better.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

No... that isn't the point at all. I said I liked him from what he was doing in Germany, so was disappointed we didn't go for him in the summer. His style would have suited us more than Southampton probably, but Puel is the messiah so lets look past all the sh*** football with those rose tinted glasses and continue to believe things will change/get better.

You literally said “Southampton have finally hit the right appointment” so how is that not the point?

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

Soyuncu was £20 mil but isn't played, Evans, isn't played, Maddison is not as good as everyone makes out... and nice try leaving out Ghezzal…

Still writing off players after a couple of games? Soyuncu is young and adapting, Evans a good back-up, Maddison, while still young is one or main goals providers and just proved you wrong today. Jury still out for Ghezzal even he's been disappointing until now. Nice try leaving Ricardo out.

By the way the conversation with you is going nowhere and thus over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

I’d say things just got better after them 3 points aswell. I’m sure you were probably one of those that said we’d definitely be getting 0 points in that game and be fighting relegation by January.

On 15/12/2018 at 20:43, Stevosevic said:

Nah, that's actually a hard thing to call.

Leicester city v Manchester city in late 2018 is very predictable

Man City will be overwhelming favourites as they are against most sides.

As today's result shows. Nothing in the beautiful game is predictable mate!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Foxboy said:

I’d say things just got better after them 3 points aswell. I’m sure you were probably one of those that said we’d definitely be getting 0 points in that game and be fighting relegation by January.

Correct, didn’t see us beating palace, although I didn’t see us taking city to penalties or us getting a win yesterday.

Like I said in another post, if every (or at least 90%) of the performances were like yesterday’s 2nd half, no one would be complaining. The first half performance however is what we see more often, and usually go a goal down before we do anything. 

People keep saying ‘don’t judge on one performance’ when we have a stinker, so let’s not get too excited about 1 win... if this is what we get each game from

now on then happy days... but deep down most people think this is unlikely 

I cannot for the life of me understand why a Leicester City fan who has a larger life span than 3 years would want to sack a manager who has us 8th in the top tier. What on earth are you expecting? To win the league every year?

Edited by Nickfosse

47 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why a Leicester City fan who has a larger life span than 3 years would want to sack a manager who has us 8th in the top tier. What on earth are you expecting? To win the league every year?

Because it’s so predictable and boring most weeks.