Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

1 minute ago, Hanan96 said:

On player match rating there's poll on wheter the manager should stay or leave. 

Can't understand what additional poll like this is needed for 

On the contrary, leave it open. It’s time people were allowed to see the spread of feeling.

It doesn't matter if he strings a few wins together, football is supposed to be entertaining... Two or three years of bore puels football and Leicester will lose a generation of fans 

I don't want to watch puel or his 'football' ever again 

• Thanks 1

If we looked likely to get a good young manager like Nagelsmann or Jardim, sack. Given what we will get (pick one from the numerous out of work English managers), back. Sad times when the argument for keeping him in the position is that we'll invariably appoint someone worse but that's Leicester as a club.

• Like 3

Certainly shouldn’t be given any more money. He must have spent more than any other previous manager. He has already been significantly backed.

It is time for him to prove himself and provide a reason to back him.

He hasn’t earned the right to the cheque book. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Le god said:

It doesn't matter if he strings a few wins together, football is supposed to be entertaining... Two or three years of bore puels football and Leicester will lose a generation of fans 

I don't want to watch puel or his 'football' ever again 

No we won't. Taking out the fact two or three years isn't a generation, if he's here for that long it suggests things have worked out or at least improved. If not, he won't be here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Agnew said:

Certainly shouldn’t be given any more money. He must have spent more than any other previous manager. He has already been significantly backed.

It is time for him to prove himself and provide a reason to back him.

He hasn’t earned the right to the cheque book. 

Great, let's just leave ourselves sitting ducks. If he stays, he needs financial support in the market to continue bringing in players better suited to how we want to play. If the club are not prepared to back him with any funds at all then they might as well pull the trigger now. That's a question only a few people on the Board of Directors will know the answer to.

• Like 1

Unless a far better candidate is available, I'm begrudgingly sticking with Puel. The last thing we need is someone like Pardew or Big Sam at the helm. The problems we're seeing can be solved, but it won't happen overnight. It took Pep a season to transition Man City into the beast they've become, so I'm willing to give Claude more time. We have a very young side, so inexperience is bound to play a part in the lack of assertiveness and decision making of our team, not to mention we still have deadwood to clear out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You think Top has an appetite to change the manager at the moment ?

we will go for it in the cups and write off trying to finish top 7 in the league 

No I don't. That's arguably Puel's saving grace.

Top 7? No chance. If he stays, we could be struggling to finish in the top 17!!

You might laugh at that suggestion now, but looking at our next few fixtures, by the time we play Newport in the FA Cup that could definitely be a growing concern.

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

No I don't. That's arguably Puel's saving grace.

Top 7? No chance. If he stays, we could be struggling to finish in the top 17!!

You might laugh at that suggestion now, but looking at our next few fixtures, by the time we play Newport in the FA Cup that could definitely be a growing concern.

I dont laugh at that suggestion at all...I cant see where our next win is coming from at the moment

7 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Great, let's just leave ourselves sitting ducks. If he stays, he needs financial support in the market to continue bringing in players better suited to how we want to play. If the club are not prepared to back him with any funds at all then they might as well pull the trigger now. That's a question only a few people on the Board of Directors will know the answer to.

My point is - pull the trigger

I'd be quite happy to see him go, but unless there is anyone lined up, now is not the time to sack him. Best to wait until end of the season and if the generally mediocre football continues, then is best time. (Having seen his comment about iheanacho, comparing a striker to a goalkeeper - in that there is only one - suggests it's unlikely there will be changes to the style of play.)