Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

23 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yep, I can see Puel now in his prematch talk, 'now remember lads, if you remember nothing else, I want you to start as slow as possible, even better, if you can concede a goal just before half time, it will give us something to aim for in the second half '! ?

God knows why it happens, confidence? Puel has actually spoken about this and the other issue of supposed mindless side to side passing. He refuted both and certainly with latter claimed that is not what his intructions were  (I think he used the word intensiteee somewhere in that lot ?). As for penalties, who knows eh? Fuchs you can forgive and usually he'd score. Maddision was again a cocky little shit and believes his own hype and needs a bollocking. Soyuncu looked as if he bottled it. Penalties always a lottery but I would always favour the Vardy foot through the ball approach. 

He can come out say what he wants but it has been the pattern pretty much 90% of the games he’s been in charge... 

The Southampton fans were saying the same thing pretty much every week... no coincidence anymore

16 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

He can come out say what he wants but it has been the pattern pretty much 90% of the games he’s been in charge... 

The Southampton fans were saying the same thing pretty much every week... no coincidence anymore

Yet the record states that they finished 8th and got to a cup final then sank like a stone when he went. We're currently 12 points off relegation and 4 off 6th place which,  like Southampton,  is pretty good with the poor squads and problems he inherited on both occasions. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Yet the record states that they finished 8th and got to a cup final then sank like a stone when he went. We're currently 12 points off relegation and 4 off 6th place which,  like Southampton,  is pretty good with the poor squads and problems he inherited on both occasions. 

It’s almost like we are going around in circles with this argument. 

• Like 1

I think we need a change, but honestly can't see it happening this year. With everythings that's happened, I dont think it will be high in Tops list of things to worry about unless we are genuinely threatened with relegation. As it stands today I dont think that its an immediate concern. 

• Like 1

Can you please put a thid option.

I cant be the only one who hasnt got a ****in scooby, likes the intentions and the potential, but is just getting a bit bored and doesnt understand some of the baffling decisions and prioritising chelsea and palace games over a cup quarter final against a reserve team with a potential place in europe at stake. (Which must be what we are aiming for in the league unless we consider 8th place to be the holy grail)

(Granted it is a bit long and specific ?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Simoken said:

My thoughts.

With the circumstances with the death of the owner, keeping us out of the relegation zone and having a rather good transfer recruitment in the summer bringing in quality - except ghezal who i think is just.. shit. I cant see any solid reason why we would do better without Puel right now.

Im a firm believer that he will pull this young inspiring team together after the season is over, its a marathon not a 100m sprint to success. With the pressure of being sacked with his past and cultural differences, i think hes dealt with it damn well.

Yes, recently performanances have been quite shocking (cpfc game for one was dire) but lets compare us to the mess like man utd.. i dont think we are as nearly as bad situ as them. We are steady and looking good, Man city game was real good! We matched them... then the penos happened. Uh.

But yeah, Puel in for me!

Recent performances? a bit more than recent it's been bloody awful since the start of the season. And you don't think we are as bad as Man United? Well get down the bookies and put your money on us finishing above Man United they will fvcking love you.:D

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Can you please put a thid option.

I cant be the only one who hasnt got a ****in scooby, likes the intentions and the potential, but is just getting a bit bored and doesnt understand some of the baffling decisions and prioritising chelsea and palace games over a cup quarter final against a reserve team with a potential place in europe at stake. (Which must be what we are aiming for in the league unless we consider 8th place to be the holy grail)

(Granted it is a bit long and specific ?)

If in doubt chuck it out!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

And like the Southampton fans said, the media (who never watched Southampton) kept bringing that up, but in reality... performances at home were terribly boring, possession football with no end product, bizarre subs, no plan b, stadium became a library... not seeing any similarities? And they could’ve finished a lot higher had their form in the 2nd half of season not plumited. 

Edited by lcfceaves

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

And like the Southampton fans said, the media (who never watched Southampton) kept bringing that up, but in reality... performances at home were terribly boring, possession football with no end product, bizarre subs, no plan b, stadium became a library... not seeing any similarities? And they could’ve finished a lot higher had their form in the 2nd half of season not plumited. 

So are we going to be like Southampton when we sack him? I don't really want to be 2 goals from relegation 

13 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

So are we going to be like Southampton when we sack him? I don't really want to be 2 goals from relegation 

Why would we be? Unless we decide to make terrible managerial decisions to replace him... but we will end up down there if we stick with him

• Like 1

I've sat on the fence with this for a while having been in the 'stick with' camp, and then moving towards a frustrated get rid, but i'm still with him after i saw his reactions at the man city match this week. As previously stated, i like the onus on youth, the opportunities given to them and we have a nucleus of a good side, and maybe we need the faith that he can build on that. Admittedly i'm not a STH, so don't get to see all the games, but i stream what i don't manage to go to, and understand the frustration of the 'out' camp. 

Wonder why people always refer to Puel's supposedly good 8th place finish at Southampton and then to what happened afterwards as evidence of his *success*? Probably because Southampton finished 6th the season before with 17 pts more and playing watchable football. And probably why their fans had seen enough of him as well.

31 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Wonder why people always refer to Puel's supposedly good 8th place finish at Southampton and then to what happened afterwards as evidence of his *success*? Probably because Southampton finished 6th the season before with 17 pts more and playing watchable football. And probably why their fans had seen enough of him as well.

They did sell Pelle, Mane & Wanyama tbf & replace them with Austin, Redmond & Romeu. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

Being reasonable however, whilst the aim is obviously to try and win, the way the Southampton  had sold they're better players,  yet again, he was forced to play a particular way in order not to lose. He had very little attacking threat left (eg Mane and Pelle sold). As I say the proof is in the pudding, with the same players and even a few signings the next two incumbents did far worse and they're still in a mess. Temper that with his record in France where he played attacking football and is praised by some high profile players for his methods. He has openly said in the media here that his style us not to play side to side aimless passing football, but he needs the right players to compete. He has some  and some he can mold but needs more. He was left a mess, arguably a bit like Southampton. He has one decent striker for example and he's not fit. 

• Like 1

If we beat Chelsea, would peoples opinions change. I think so. Let him have the season and see if he can get a target man in the transfer window. We just need that one player who can hold the ball up and be a threat at headers. We’ve got quick midfielders/strikers, we just need an outlet.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

They did sell Pelle, Mane & Wanyama tbf & replace them with Austin, Redmond & Romeu. 

Admire your spirited defence of Puel but you can have excuses or you can have success; you can't have both.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Being reasonable however, whilst the aim is obviously to try and win, the way the Southampton  had sold they're better players,  yet again, he was forced to play a particular way in order not to lose. He had very little attacking threat left (eg Mane and Pelle sold). As I say the proof is in the pudding, with the same players and even a few signings the next two incumbents did far worse and they're still in a mess. Temper that with his record in France where he played attacking football and is praised by some high profile players for his methods. He has openly said in the media here that his style us not to play side to side aimless passing football, but he needs the right players to compete. He has some  and some he can mold but needs more. He was left a mess, arguably a bit like Southampton. He has one decent striker for example and he's not fit. 

Ok you obviously love him, that’s your opinion. But Southampton have finally got the right appointment and will finish above us if we stick with Puel this season. 

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

If we beat Chelsea, would peoples opinions change. I think so. Let him have the season and see if he can get a target man in the transfer window. We just need that one player who can hold the ball up and be a threat at headers. We’ve got quick midfielders/strikers, we just need an outlet.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

2 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I've sat on the fence with this for a while having been in the 'stick with' camp, and then moving towards a frustrated get rid, but i'm still with him after i saw his reactions at the man city match this week. As previously stated, i like the onus on youth, the opportunities given to them and we have a nucleus of a good side, and maybe we need the faith that he can build on that. Admittedly i'm not a STH, so don't get to see all the games, but i stream what i don't manage to go to, and understand the frustration of the 'out' camp. 

Thanks people, i feel like i could come back to your way of thinking.

But then....

8 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Recent performances? a bit more than recent it's been bloody awful since the start of the season. And you don't think we are as bad as Man United? Well get down the bookies and put your money on us finishing above Man United they will fvcking love you.:D

5 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

If in doubt chuck it out!

2 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Why would we be? Unless we decide to make terrible managerial decisions to replace him... but we will end up down there if we stick with him

. Im just going to set my mindset to endure  rather than enjoy.

Hope it works but still get excited about options if we do get rid

Thanks

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Ok you obviously love him, that’s your opinion. But Southampton have finally got the right appointment and will finish above us if we stick with Puel this season. 

Haha, I don't like him that much but think we need a period of stability and better foresight and in the latter, Puel or not, the club are making the right noises for me. As for Southampton, the poor chaps only had a couple of games, I hope you've not jinxed him!

I don't want to come across like I'm not picking but why, if what's said there is true, does he seem to accept his squad being decimated time and time again?

Our attack is completely inadequate, we knew it last year and we've gone and done the exact same thing this year. Is he seriously content with that?