Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

My thoughts.

With the circumstances with the death of the owner, keeping us out of the relegation zone and having a rather good transfer recruitment in the summer bringing in quality - except ghezal who i think is just.. shit. I cant see any solid reason why we would do better without Puel right now.

Im a firm believer that he will pull this young inspiring team together after the season is over, its a marathon not a 100m sprint to success. With the pressure of being sacked with his past and cultural differences, i think hes dealt with it damn well.

Yes, recently performanances have been quite shocking (cpfc game for one was dire) but lets compare us to the mess like man utd.. i dont think we are as nearly as bad situ as them. We are steady and looking good, Man city game was real good! We matched them... then the penos happened. Uh.

But yeah, Puel in for me!

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I don’t know what to suggest now if you are serious about getting 25 million back for iheanacho! Crazy talk!

His market price hasn't changed since we got him because of his age. The problem is it hasn't increased so in a couple years we might loss money on him if he doesn't get better as most of it is because of potential 

14 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Ok...He had one propper window... and he had seen what nacho can or cant do.... yet he bought no striker in and si now he has to rely on nacho.  Its his fault..and if he loses his job he had done it to himself

We bought Maddison, who takes the 10 striker role. I personally would have liked another striker, but if we'd bought a 9 and Vardy was fit all season they'd barely kick the ball, it would then pretty much put the nail in the coffin of Nacho who only just turned 22.

Nacho for me was probably our best player the last 5 or 6 games of last season. I thought he'd finally turned a corner and was showing some form, alas sadly not. You can't just bin £25m 21 year old signings because they haven't been amazing instantly, we can't afford to. It's as simple as that.

Preferably it would have been better to lose Okazaki and have another striker instead of him. But this isn't fantasy football, it's real world where you can click your fingers and get rid of people. This summer he goes though and it opens up the space for us to buy a striker who can actually offer something.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Matt said:

For anyone interested.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1545235200/1545238800/

0 minutes - 5 minutes - May aswell skip straight to 5 minutes, it's just adverts and news.

5 minutes - 9 minutes - Can't really disagree with anything Durham and Goughie say.

9 minutes - 15 minutes - Just talking penalties and poor penalties, nothing of note regarding the game.

15 minutes - 18 minutes - Adverts.

18 minutes - 27 minutes - Leicester fans calls and discussion.

Just listened to this.  No one on there even attempts to play devil's advocate.  No mention of Vardy's fitness issues, just outrage that he didnt play.  No mention of the nuances of our difficulties regarding squad and fitness

Its fine to be anti-Puel, but these people just whitewash over all our issues and blame him.  Its not good analysis

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Just listened to this.  No one on there even attempts to play devil's advocate.  No mention of Vardy's fitness issues, just outrage that he didnt play.  No mention of the nuances of our difficulties regarding squad and fitness

Its fine to be anti-Puel, but these people just whitewash over all our issue and blame him.  Its not good analysis

The first caller is an idiot. No point listening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

We bought Maddison, who takes the 10 striker role. I personally would have liked another striker, but if we'd bought a 9 and Vardy was fit all season they'd barely kick the ball, it would then pretty much put the nail in the coffin of Nacho who only just turned 22.

Nacho for me was probably our best player the last 5 or 6 games of last season. I thought he'd finally turned a corner and was showing some form, alas sadly not. You can't just bin £25m 21 year old signings because they haven't been amazing instantly, we can't afford to. It's as simple as that.

Preferably it would have been better to lose Okazaki and have another striker instead of him. But this isn't fantasy football, it's real world where you can click your fingers and get rid of people. This summer he goes though and it opens up the space for us to buy a striker who can actually offer something.

but hindsight is exact - and whatever hopes we all had for nacho we are left exposed  I wanted a different type of striker to give us more options (e.g. Rondon or even that bloke at Fulham)

Still gets time from me. Not even a consideration to get rid at this stage. 

Yeah we ain't great to watch but we've got a miriad of issues off the pitch and in terms of available players / quality. 

Still generally like what he's trying to do here but needs another window. I doubt he will get it. 

If he goes in the summer then so be it, but I hope we have a decent, hungry, inspiring and well connected manager lined up because I'm getting sick of chopping and changing and sick of our over-expectant, whinging fan-base. 

• Like 3

For those that say Puel lacks passion or fight obviously didn't observe him on the touchline Tuesday night, he was very vocal & animated especially in the 2nd half he was kicking every ball & making every tackle gee'ing the players on, he was screaming at a couple of players who made good tackles close to him to win the ball just inside the Man City half & he was gesturing to push forward, the ball went to Iborra who played it back to Ward...he went nuts & 1minute later Iborra was sub'd, doesn't look or sound like a wall flower to me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

we should be smashing some teams up with this squad. instead we look clueless. 

Riiiiiiight. Vardy, the sicknote, Nacho, who is devoid of a sliver of confidence, Gray, who has no end product, Albrighton, who cannot be relied upon for goals... The only one contributing their fair share is Maddison. 

How are we gonna smash teams up if we literally can't score goals?

Edit: Actually, Albrighton has been doing pretty much everything we can expect from him, providing consistent goals just isn't in his locker.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

we should be smashing some teams up with this squad. instead we look clueless. 

Disagree unfortunately, sadly some expensive signings have flopped massively and left gaping wholes in the team. We've fixed several problem areas, but those signings flopping have left us short elsewhere in important creative areas. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Really? We have one good striker who cant stay fit atm and no creative midfielders

It blows my mind that people think we've got a squad capable of blowing teams away. We've got a squad of promising youngsters who are competing reasonably most weeks. Give it two years and they might develop into world beaters but we're nowhere near it. 

I do wonder what some people expect at times.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

It blows my mind that people think we've got a squad capable of blowing teams away. We've got a squad of promising youngsters who are competing reasonably most weeks. Give it two years and they might develop into world beaters but we're nowhere near it. 

• Haha 1

On 19/12/2018 at 08:34, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If you didn't smile and get a bit of good feeling when that goal went in and we saw Puel celebrate like that then you must have a heart of stone

We're building something new.  Time for the players to adapt and learn

yes here here! Tine for Vardy and Iheanacho to grow a few inches to get on the end of all these crosses and become the target men we need them to be!

• Haha 1

Do you want to hold on to our better players or not?

If you want to build a footballing team around the likes of Maguire, Chilwell & Maddison... Then Puel isn't your man - They won't be happy playing out a season fighting for 11th, while all their England teammates are either in Europe or fighting to be in Europe

As for who could do better than Puel? lol

A manager who is brave
A manager who picks the best players,
A manager who motivates players to come out the starting blocks on fire,
A manager who doesn't make the 2nd most starting line-up changes but still bizarrely sticks with the same failing system

Taking this group of players to 43pts in 38 games is criminal, he should have gone last season but there were calls to give him a transfer window, he had one, then there were calls to give him to the international break... he had that, then the next international break, he had that

How much longer will this be allowed to go on, the chances are it will be 43pts in 40 games - Then we've got Cardiff at home, where he'll still play to DM camped on the edge of our 6yrd box... #PuelOut

Something tell me we missed the boat with Hassenhuttle

Edited by cc_star
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Yep. And i'm not saying Puel is the be all and end all for us, but I think if we sacked him soon whoever we get in would have the same problems. People expecting this squad to kick up a gea without more changes to it would be disappointed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

Do you want to hold on to our better players or not?

If you want to build a footballing team around the likes of Maguire, Chilwell & Maddison... Then Puel isn't your man

They won't be happy playing out a season fighting for 11th, while all their England teammates are either in Europe or fighting to be in Europe

What, like Bettinelli, Butland, Chalobah, Pickford, Tarkowski and McCarthy? Those England team mates? Or do you mean the ones at the very big clubs, who expect to be in Europe?

• Like 1