Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Sky Package - Special Offers

I’m an existing sky customer (in my partners name). Our bills going up from £80 to about £120 as we’re coming to the end of our 18 month contract. We can’t get Virgin Media in our area.

Is there anything I can do to keep the cost down, or how are the other providers? 

13 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I’m an existing sky customer (in my partners name). Our bills going up from £80 to about £120 as we’re coming to the end of our 18 month contract. We can’t get Virgin Media in our area.

Is there anything I can do to keep the cost down, or how are the other providers? 

Cancel it. Worked for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Tempted to do that and go with BT. Can get their top broadband and all the sports for the same price.

I've got BT Broadband plus TV (Inc football so get Europa League games) plus mobile for about £54 a month. Don't bother with Sky unless City are on then I'll get a NowTV pass. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I've got BT Broadband plus TV (Inc football so get Europa League games) plus mobile for about £54 a month. Don't bother with Sky unless City are on then I'll get a NowTV pass. 

I’ve just worked out I can get everything I have with Sky plus BT Sport on top and save a few quid. Sorted!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/01/2021 at 20:25, WarehamFox said:

Is there any deals to add BT Sport to current Sky Sports package?

I do have codes for 25% off extra TV packs. 

You can upgrade to any of the following

Sports - Don't miss out on the action with exclusive live games
 Cinema - Over 1,000 movies on demand. Plus a brand new premiere every day
 Ultimate On Demand - Enjoy Sky Box Sets & Netflix, all in one place and in HD
 HD - Shows come to life with HD, making even the bad guys look good
 Box Sets - Over 350 box sets and a great range of exclusive shows
 Kids - Keep the children entertained with 11 kids channels
 Sky Q Multiscreen - Pause TV on one screen and pick up on another

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Any good deals floating around for Sky? We can finally get Sky Fibre on our road and I am keen to finally say goodbye to Virgin. I know that many don't like them, but I was really happy with our Sky service at our previous house and have missed it since moving where we are now. 

14 hours ago, rachhere said:

Any good deals floating around for Sky? We can finally get Sky Fibre on our road and I am keen to finally say goodbye to Virgin. I know that many don't like them, but I was really happy with our Sky service at our previous house and have missed it since moving where we are now. 

Hi @rachhere PM'd you a discount code for 35% off TV and Broadband

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going a different route for media. Had a rough experience with Sky - they advertised a 45.50 package that, within 2 months of signing, had gone up to 50.50. Brilliant. 

I'm going to be using a Firestick and my PS4 for television so, instead, have signed up with Virgin for their internet capabilities. Virgin currently doing an 18 month package on 520mps internet for £36 a week. It's a deal and a half that. Sky was running around 40mbps and it wasn't bad. The added speed will be fantastic for gaming and streaming.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Going a different route for media. Had a rough experience with Sky - they advertised a 45.50 package that, within 2 months of signing, had gone up to 50.50. Brilliant. 

I'm going to be using a Firestick and my PS4 for television so, instead, have signed up with Virgin for their internet capabilities. Virgin currently doing an 18 month package on 520mps internet for £36 a week. It's a deal and a half that. Sky was running around 40mbps and it wasn't bad. The added speed will be fantastic for gaming and streaming.

£36 a week!?? 

My SKY package is about to expire.

Apart from threatening to quit, any other advice or discount codes / package codes that I can use?

I have the full package (except Movies) plus BT Sport.  Renewal price if £106 but they have an offer for £86.  I would like to pay much less.

Ta.

On 25/05/2021 at 09:04, lildave3 said:

Any deals for TV only? 

On 04/06/2021 at 09:27, Simmo86 said:

Morning

Any deals for tv only as my contract is up so looking to renew?

Thanks

I have PM'd you both a discount code. 35% off (only able to redeem the code if you're a new customer though)

Well, I cancelled my Sky subscription 2 weeks ago, having to give 28 days notice.

I expected a call by now from Sky trying to get me to stay.

Does anyone know how quickly / how late they leave it in contacting you to get you to stay?