Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Sky Package - Special Offers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Hi chap - my sky bill is about to rocket up to 140pm (and this don't include bt sport). Looking for a good recontact offer. Aware of owt for existing customers?

I get this question a lot. I'm afraid sky doesn't offer much in terms of deals for existing/renewing customers. All i can advise is phoning up, if you get through to retentions you may be able to discuss your package and monthly fee. This is the best way to negotiate a better price for most people who's contract is expiring. I have DM'd you an existing customers TV packs code as well if you'd like to use that when re-negotiating terms.

• Like 1

Virgin are bumping up my contract again but will allow cancellations. Interested in a code too. What's going for the fastest internet possible (100-200mb ideally, not under 50mbs)? BT sport the only thing i care about (for ufc), don't need movies, or entertainment or sky sports but if there is a good deal to get sky sports as well i'll consider it. 

52 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I get this question a lot. I'm afraid sky doesn't offer much in terms of deals for existing/renewing customers. All i can advise is phoning up, if you get through to retentions you may be able to discuss your package and monthly fee. This is the best way to negotiate a better price for most people who's contract is expiring. I have DM'd you an existing customers TV packs code as well if you'd like to use that when re-negotiating terms.

Many thanks. I'll give it a bash.

2 hours ago, Christoph said:

Virgin are bumping up my contract again but will allow cancellations. Interested in a code too. What's going for the fastest internet possible (100-200mb ideally, not under 50mbs)? BT sport the only thing i care about (for ufc), don't need movies, or entertainment or sky sports but if there is a good deal to get sky sports as well i'll consider it. 

May I ask if this is a general increase with Virgin? I haven't been informed of any but need to know when it happens so I can jettison them.

Having said that: I will call cancellations and refuse all offers to stay and then wait - hopefully - for them to call me back with a *great offer.

*This happened to father in law. He pays half for exactly the same package as me.

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

May I ask if this is a general increase with Virgin? I haven't been informed of any but need to know when it happens so I can jettison them.

Having said that: I will call cancellations and refuse all offers to stay and then wait - hopefully - for them to call me back with a *great offer.

*This happened to father in law. He pays half for exactly the same package as me.

I got an email saying they are raising prices. Second time they've done this now! Almost 6 quid extra a month which adds up across the year 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Hi chap - my sky bill is about to rocket up to 140pm (and this don't include bt sport). Looking for a good recontact offer. Aware of owt for existing customers?

My package was recently about to double. I called up and they didn't offer a great discount and so I said I wanted to cancel. They put me through to retentions who actually offered me less of a discount than the previous team, so I called their bluff (or they called mine!) and I went through with processing the cancellation. A few days later an email popped into my inbox offering a great deal to stay, so I called up and they were basically able to match my existing deal. It's a shame we all have to dance this strange dance but don't be scared to kick off the cancellation process - the last 2 times I've cancelled I've received an email a week later with a great offer to stay.

On the plus side - It's much easier to leave Sky now than it was before. Kudos to them for clearly learning that continually hanging up and being aggressive only upsets potential future custom. I'll never go with VM again for this reason. 

• Like 2

On 14/01/2022 at 17:45, Houdini Logic said:

My package was recently about to double. I called up and they didn't offer a great discount and so I said I wanted to cancel. They put me through to retentions who actually offered me less of a discount than the previous team, so I called their bluff (or they called mine!) and I went through with processing the cancellation. A few days later an email popped into my inbox offering a great deal to stay, so I called up and they were basically able to match my existing deal. It's a shame we all have to dance this strange dance but don't be scared to kick off the cancellation process - the last 2 times I've cancelled I've received an email a week later with a great offer to stay.

On the plus side - It's much easier to leave Sky now than it was before. Kudos to them for clearly learning that continually hanging up and being aggressive only upsets potential future custom. I'll never go with VM again for this reason. 

What if sky don't email me with a cracking deal post cancellation...

Can you cancel your cancellation?

5 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

You can indeed - when you cancel they say if you change your mind for whatever reason then just call up and you can cancel the cancellation :D

Hopefully it won't get to that stage and they'll offer you a great deal when you call up and say you want to cancel. Good luck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

If you cancel your cancellation, can you cancel this cancel cancellation if you get an 11th hour deal that beats the improved offer your original cancellation brought before you cancelled the cancellation?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/01/2022 at 12:01, Haywood_6 said:

Any present offers Haywood ? 

You helped me with a code last time 

Was getting all tv including BT Sport, phone and broadband for £106 pcm but I assume some of the discounted periods have come to an end as it’s just gone up to £129 with price rises looming next month on top ! 

So I’ll be giving retentions a call soon 

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Does anyone know if there’s a number for sky that gets you through to a UK call centre ? 
My contact is up soon and want to see what they offer me

Tried contacting them this week and eventually got through on this one... 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Im thinking of ditching Sky TV due to the ongoing cost..  Even with their offers, I am still finding it quite expensive.

I only really use Sky Sports (I dont watch any of the other channels on there, and most of the series I watch are on Netflix or Prime.

What are the alternatives if I only want Sky Sports?  I am happy to pay for a contract, just not the £70 pm discounted rate I am currently paying.

I have seen that Now TV have a monthly Sky Sports pass for £25pm for 12 months, which is quite tempting.

Now Leicester are out of Europe, I am not too bothered about BT Sport.

Just now, Big Dave said:

Im thinking of ditching Sky TV due to the ongoing cost..  Even with their offers, I am still finding it quite expensive.

I only really use Sky Sports (I dont watch any of the other channels on there, and most of the series I watch are on Netflix or Prime.

What are the alternatives if I only want Sky Sports?  I am happy to pay for a contract, just not the £70 pm discounted rate I am currently paying.

I have seen that Now TV have a monthly Sky Sports pass for £25pm for 12 months, which is quite tempting.

Now TV is probably your best bet, saying that if you've got your broadband through them might be cheaper to just have flat sky sports but I'm not too sure on that 

8 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Best thing is a dodgybox tbf, £50 a year then just get internet and subscribe to prime or something. I’m currently paying £89 a month but once my Virgin deal ends I’ll be moving elsewhere, can’t justify £90+ on tv internet and a mobile phone sim every month, especially when I only watch about 1 football game a week now with my work and lcfc schedule. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/01/2022 at 12:01, Haywood_6 said:

@Haywood_6Do you have any existing customers codes that I can mention when I phone up please.Many Thanks 👍

Just spoke to Sky this morning and they're releasing Sky Stream Puck next week which will be around £26 per month and then you add on services you want (eg. sky Sports for £25) which are on a rolling contract. 

@Haywood_6 Do you know if there will be any discounts with this or any other offers for existing customers?

2 hours ago, Hitesh said:

Just spoke to Sky this morning and they're releasing Sky Stream Puck next week which will be around £26 per month and then you add on services you want (eg. sky Sports for £25) which are on a rolling contract. 

@Haywood_6 Do you know if there will be any discounts with this or any other offers for existing customers?

Think i'm going to get this to replace my NOWtv box, as it has Apple TV+ functionality and i've just binned off Netflix in favour of Apple and Disney.

Assume the £26 a month includes entertainment package?

Edited by AjcW