Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Sky Package - Special Offers

Hi everyone,

I'm an employee at Sky and also a regular visitor on this forum. I've got some staff discount codes to give away so if any of you are interested in a cheap package - Please DM me for more details.

Cheers

Edit - Forgot to mention this is for new customers only

Edited by Haywood_6
New customers only
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Sky are buggers for giving new customers all sorts of crazy offers but very little for existing ones.

I tend to ring up once every 6 months and threaten to leave then you get the obligatory 20% off

You can do a lot better than 20% if you make the effort.

If the OP can give some inside tips to people that'd be very welcome!

I've copied the details of the friends / family packages I've got available in here. These are pretty good value:

There are three special offers, each priced at £30 for an 18-month contract

• The Spectator Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Sports & HD
  • The Ultimate Mix Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Cinema and Ultimate On Demand which brings Netflix and Sky Box Sets together.
  • Surf and Watch Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment & Sky Broadband Unlimited

As for saving money as an existing customer - I think picking up the phone and voicing your displeasure for lack of loyalty rewards & also threatening to cancel/change to a competitor is the way to go. 

Edited by Haywood_6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm an employee at Sky and also a regular visitor on this forum. I've got some staff discount codes to give away so if any of you are interested in a cheap package - Please DM me for more details.

Cheers

Haywood, I'm a new customer but wanting fibre broadband and TV, what are the best option mate?

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

I've copied the details of the friends / family packages I've got available in here. These are pretty good value:

There are three special offers, each priced at £30 for an 18-month contract

• The Spectator Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Sports & HD
  • The Ultimate Mix Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Cinema and Ultimate On Demand which brings Netflix and Sky Box Sets together.
  • Surf and Watch Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment & Sky Broadband Unlimited

As for saving money as an existing customer - I think picking up the phone and voicing your displeasure for lack of loyalty rewards & also threatening to cancel/change to a competitor is the way to go. 

How do I get these deals, surf and watch bundle looks ace?

5 hours ago, Christoph said:

Feel sorry for any poor bastard spending money on Sky / BT / Virgin. Absolute rip offs. 

I have everything for £42 a month.  I think it’s pretty good value vs say going to the Cinema once, half a meal out as a family, or a peak return ticket into London.

When I wanted to upgrade to Sky Sports HD from standard my box had an automated service to add it for a few quid extra per month. I had heard about deals so called them instead and asked what's the best deal and they added the HD and skimmed £15 off my monthly bill. Pleased but begs the question why was I paying £15+ too much per month for so long? My advice, call them and discuss your package (that sounds a bit rude).

13 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have everything for £42 a month.  I think it’s pretty good value vs say going to the Cinema once, half a meal out as a family, or a peak return ticket into London.

Comparing apples to oranges when you mention a train ticket or a meal with the family though isn't it? As for the cinema...it cost £5 a ticket at Vue near me but that's still a vastly different experience from TV. 

When I had all of the channels I watched Freeview channels 90% of the time. Sky Cinema is a waste of money as it's only films i've seen before. Sky Sports is too expensive considering you can only see a couple of Leicester games a year (I have a season ticket so it's only the away games) so it's only really worth it if you like to watch the other football games which i'm not that interested in. If you like UFC and Champions League you then have to pay extra to get BT Sport which adds to the cost. The entertainment package isn't all that in my opinion, other than having access to Game of Thrones. Then if you want to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime shows you have to pay an additional extra on top of your TV. 

If I could pay £20 a month or so to get good quality Leicester games on then i'd happily pay but that isn't happening any time soon. 

Most people who buy the big expensive Sky packages tend to be people 30 year old + and I think the younger generation are less likely to want to pay such a high amount each month for TV channels. I know people who are spending almost £60 - £90 a month on TV just to have all of the channels which is mental amount. 

I've found it easy enough to just have freeview with BT Sport for UFC events and Netflix for TV shows. Which is significantly cheaper than having everything added on top. Recently I've been using Putlocker.digital and paying £5 a month for their premium service. Definitely a bit dodgy and the quality isn't perfect but for the price it's more than liveable. I just stream it off Microsoft Edge on my Xbox and works a treat. 

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1

I pay 35 a month for basic entertainment and sports, sports being in HD. 

So more or less a little over a quid a month and that's good value. In a 18 moth deal too. 

I'd like to get a few extras but not paying any more. But I'm happy with what I've got. 

Wouldn't pay any more tho. Just wish sky had champions league, I do miss not watching that and bt sport is a rip off 

Edited by peterborofox

21 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers

This is what I don't like about Sky. They will do anything to get new customers in but they don't reward loyal long-term customers (The sky VIP thing they do is absolute nonsense).

Contracts mean nothing to sky. They put their prices up all the time, even when you think you're on a fixed price deal. If I wasn't on a contract I'd have cancelled it a long time ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

This is what I don't like about Sky. They will do anything to get new customers in but they don't reward loyal long-term customers (The sky VIP thing they do is absolute nonsense).

Contracts mean nothing to sky. They put their prices up all the time, even when you think you're on a fixed price deal. If I wasn't on a contract I'd have cancelled it a long time ago

Sky aren't the only ones. Seems to be an industry standard.

I did my placement year at Virgin Media and wanted to set my parents up on the friends and family discount we had (which was something ridiculous like 75% cheaper for the same thing they already had). Turns out because they already had it, they'd have to cancel and wait 12 months before reapplying to be eligible. Which of course was useless when my placement ended before that period was up. Never once did they make that clear, though, until we got an email saying it had been rejected.

We've just cancelled our Sky broadband where we've just been paying line rental and nothing else for 3+ years, but for some reason our speed has dropped massively the last 6 months. Moved over to Talk Talk and much happier with that service. They even arranged the cancellation with Sky so we didnt have to.

Between Netflix and Prime Video I've got all the TV I need, and can stream any one-offs I want to watch (GoT, football). £30+ for the base packages when you're only likely to watch 5% of the channels is insane.

• Like 1

Compared to Sky, Netflix offers good value for money.  Prime video is ok, but I have that for deliveries more than the video.  I even read a book or two over watching the TV on there.

As people suggest, any additional TV needs can be streamed.  

I do have BT TV though and it's cheap.  £17 for everything each month.

Since living in the current property, have always used BT for broadband, landline and television (all Freeview channels plus all the BT Sports channel package).

Currently pay £49.50 monthly.

Have thought about switching to someone else, particularly Sky - but not sure if I should stick to the brand I've been loyal to for nearly five years and confine with them at that price or get rid of the equipment and opt for Sky based on their current offers.

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Since living in the current property, have always used BT for broadband, landline and television (all Freeview channels plus all the BT Sports channel package).

Currently pay £49.50 monthly.

Have thought about switching to someone else, particularly Sky - but not sure if I should stick to the brand I've been loyal to for nearly five years and confine with them at that price or get rid of the equipment and opt for Sky based on their current offers.

I was with sky for 14 years and kept seeing prices go up year on year whilst newbies were continually getting much better deals.

I swatched to virgin a year ago with a better deal and saved £40/month that’s now due to go up although still cheaper than my last sky price.

I’m now thinking of switching back to sky who look like will be better than my virgin.

It’s a real pain to do as I can’t use the phone to talk them down but it would seem a price worth paying to move back and forth. Maybe if everyone did this they’d drop their prices or at least offer,  without being prompted better loyalty deals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I pay around £125 per month for full sky tv package, Sky Talk, and Sky broadband. Is that good or bad?

I'm paying about £95 for everything but the Kids and documentary channels so I guess that's what your extra £30 a month is getting you