Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Sky Package - Special Offers

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I've been looking at options recently and most offers are less then that but they all shoot up massively after the contract period. If I remember correctly the BT offer shot up to £50+ most others were around the top end of £30-£40+.

I guess you would just recontract again at the end of the period?

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

I guess you would just recontract again at the end of the period?

You'd have to leave or threaten to leave to get a better offer..

My Sky package has just gone up £20 a month. Fortunately I moving and as it's in MrsG's name so I've cancelled and can start afresh in my name when I move.

• Thanks 1

Just spoke to some spanner from virgin media again. Cheapest we can do the 500mb broadband is 57 a month. It says 48.40 a month when we renew online you brain dead idiot. 

Jesus christ. I just don't understand how another broadband company can't compete with the speeds of these guys when they seem to be so crap. 

Just had the call from the "Loyalty Department". Tried it on a bit more to get some free add-ons etc but no joy. In the end I've accepted to drop the TV and take M125 broadband only (the same as I am on now) for £22 pcm for 18 months. Out of contract they wanted £56 pcm and previously I was paying £40 pcm for the broadband / tv package (after more than one mid contract price hike). They also offered M250 for £25 pcm which was tempting but 125mbps is good enough for me.

Successful in the end, £3 less pcm than the listed new customer price. I do wonder what more if anything I could have gotten for holding on longer, but happy with what I got.

2 hours ago, MustardTiger said:

Just had the call from the "Loyalty Department". Tried it on a bit more to get some free add-ons etc but no joy. In the end I've accepted to drop the TV and take M125 broadband only (the same as I am on now) for £22 pcm for 18 months. Out of contract they wanted £56 pcm and previously I was paying £40 pcm for the broadband / tv package (after more than one mid contract price hike). They also offered M250 for £25 pcm which was tempting but 125mbps is good enough for me.

Successful in the end, £3 less pcm than the listed new customer price. I do wonder what more if anything I could have gotten for holding on longer, but happy with what I got.

Is that Virgin? If so, something for me to aim for when our contract is up around June.

Currently paying £29 for M100 BB only.

Edit. Just noticed your previous post - it is Virgin.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

Sky are the biggest rinsers going. Sneaky little subscription rises and phantom charges. 

Also the recordings on the SkyQ box have been glitching out, not stacking, missing scheduled recordings and being out of order for well over 6 months now. They are aware, there's moans on Twitter every single day but yet it stays broken. 

Absolute fvcking pricks, man. Shit service from twats. I'd go back to Virgin in a heartbeat if it was available in my area. 

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Is that Virgin? If so, something for me to aim for when our contract is up around June.

Currently paying £29 for M100 BB only.

Edit. Just noticed your previous post - it is Virgin.

got my m100 down to£25 with a promise of no price rise in the 18 months from £32.50 two months before contract ended and they started the £25 straight away , if they say ring us back a month before contract ends just say no thanks its took me 30 minutes so far to talk to you , you will probably have to go though a few people before getting through to disconnections, tell them you are unemployed and its a struggle 

1 hour ago, lcfc old boy said:

got my m100 down to£25 with a promise of no price rise in the 18 months from £32.50 two months before contract ended and they started the £25 straight away , if they say ring us back a month before contract ends just say no thanks its took me 30 minutes so far to talk to you , you will probably have to go though a few people before getting through to disconnections, tell them you are unemployed and its a struggle 

Thanks.

Over the years  I've been through the tedious route of a retentions offer, which I refuse, then disconnections, then get a call from them a few days later which I've accepted.

This time I'm calling disconnections first and unless an offer similar to yours is forth coming, I really am off.

Re' your offer; just be keep an eye on things. After our previous deal was agreed, our next bill was higher than arranged. Called them back and ended up speaking to a manager who said it was not possible we had been offered such a deal. When I said I had an email confirming it, he hung up on me.

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Thanks.

Over the years  I've been through the tedious route of a retentions offer, which I refuse, then disconnections, then get a call from them a few days later which I've accepted.

This time I'm calling disconnections first and unless an offer similar to yours is forth coming, I really am off.

Re' your offer; just be keep an eye on things. After our previous deal was agreed, our next bill was higher than arranged. Called them back and ended up speaking to a manager who said it was not possible we had been offered such a deal. When I said I had an email confirming it, he hung up on me.

just looked at my contract again and its m125

• 4 months later...

Virgin broadband with phone line(which we don't use) is £72 per month!! so canceling that.

Thinking about going with Sky as we already have TV with them and it's certainly cheaper than £72 but are there any amazing broadband only deals out there?

Just now, Royston. said:

Virgin broadband with phone line(which we don't use) is £72 per month!! so canceling that.

Thinking about going with Sky as we already have TV with them and it's certainly cheaper than £72 but are there any amazing broadband only deals out there?

Depending on your moral compass perhaps you could explore the fire stick option in the other thread.

Television companies have become almost outright thieves. You pay a lot of money for them to coin it from advertisers paying them to advertise on the equipment you pay them to provide.

My mate works for Virgin and could offer me a whopping deal on Netflix/1 GB broadband/Sky TV/BY Sport and unlimited data on phone contract and something else for like 60 quid a month, sadly where I moved to earlier this year is out of Virgins range 😤 had to settle for a lot less for a little more with Sky which at the time was a huge £2 off. A month later they increased it by £4pm

I've also spent most of the last 4 years with Sky Mobile who have been great, but they put my contract up about 6 months ago. That's fine it happens, now they're going big on their "we promise never to rise the price of your contract" on their ads lol willy pullers 

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Be interesting to see what they they do with the line charges when all the copper lines are stopped. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Summary of the discount codes currently available. PM me if interested.

Mobile

40% off any data plan - when bought with a phone or tablet

20% off any SIM Only data plan

Broadband

Sky Broadband Full Fibre 100 for £28 per month (Standard Price £38)

TV

Sky Ultimate TV or Sky Q & Superfast Broadband together  
£22 a month for 18 months

Sky Q, Ultimate TV & Superfast Broadband

£38 a month for 18 months

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2023 at 13:22, Haywood_6 said:

Summary of the discount codes currently available. PM me if interested.

Mobile

40% off any data plan - when bought with a phone or tablet

20% off any SIM Only data plan

Broadband

Sky Broadband Full Fibre 100 for £28 per month (Standard Price £38)

TV

Sky Ultimate TV or Sky Q & Superfast Broadband together  
£22 a month for 18 months

Sky Q, Ultimate TV & Superfast Broadband

£38 a month for 18 months

Hi mate

Do you still do the codes? Wondered if any sky mobiles codes. Thanks 

• 1 month later...