Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

4 months odd of respite from his nonsense but will probably only make the idiots that support him hero worship him further.

Hopefully though his further conviction will be a barrier for him to run or to be fit to hold public office of any kind.

19 Weeks prison time for Contempt of Court.... Would have been 9 months but reduced due to time already served.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

4 months odd of respite from his nonsense but will probably only make the idiots that support him hero worship him further.

Hopefully though his further conviction will be a barrier for him to run or to be fit to hold public office of any kind.

19 Weeks prison time for Contempt of Court.... Would have been 9 months but reduced due to time already served.

It's amazing how he's managed to convince them that he's Luton's answer to Nelson Mandela. I wonder if The Specials will do a song about him. 

Didn't he come 4th/5th in his latest attempt at public office and demand a reccount? He'll be back but I can't imagine his 'powers' will ever evolve past YouTube videos. The bigger concern is the morons he incites. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not all, but just one - which is better than zero in this case.

Enjoy the big house, Yaxley-Lennon.

Im not supporting him. I had an opinion of him probably the same as you. I will say that after watching his Oxford Union address on yt I see he is not the demon he's made out to be and at least see something of the conditions that created him.  You may have watched that video and still have the same opinion, idk. Would recommend it if interested in understanding whats behind him, or what motivates him rather

He might be wrong in what he does, but I dont think his aim is to divide and its not racist in nature

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Does that twat really consider himself a journalist? Really?

If he's a journalist, I'm a journalist because I contributed to the Tinder thread. 

His "followers" are at it again, too. Real charmers, the lot of 'em. 

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Im not supporting him. I had an opinion of him probably the same as you. I will say that after watching his Oxford Union address on yt I see he is not the demon he's made out to be and at least see something of the conditions that created him.  You may have watched that video and still have the same opinion, idk. Would recommend it if interested in understanding whats behind him, or what motivates him rather

He might be wrong in what he does, but I dont think his aim is to divide and its not racist in nature

Nah, I know you're not a supporter of his - I was simply answering the facetious nature of the post, this definitely doesn't solve many problems but having him do time is a better overall outcome than not.

TBH as others have elaborated it's not really his own behaviour that bothers me that much - it's that of those who follow him and are inspired by him. I've never really bought the "product of your environment" argument either; choosing to view other races or ethnic groups as lesser in a broad generalisation is exactly that, a choice, no matter what might have been done to you by individuals of those groups in the past.

Couldn't disagree more with your last sentence tbh given his actions and that of his supporters.

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

Nah, I know you're not a supporter of his - I was simply answering the facetious nature of the post, this definitely doesn't solve many problems but having him do time is a better overall outcome than not.

TBH as others have elaborated it's not really his own behaviour that bothers me that much - it's that of those who follow him and are inspired by him. I've never really bought the "product of your environment" argument either; choosing to view other races or ethnic groups as lesser in a broad generalisation is exactly that, a choice, no matter what might have been done to you by individuals of those groups in the past.

Couldn't disagree more with your last sentence tbh given his actions and that of his supporters.

I didnt mean to say you suggested that. Was just adding a wee disclaimer to the statement i made

He doesnt view other races as lesser. I beg you to watch the oxford union thing if interested, until i watched that i reckon my views on him were more or less based on headlines alone

Obviously nobody wants to see large crowds gathered to denounce a religion, but I think its important to understand why they might feel inclined to do so.

I kind of felt like i'd been a bit of a snob after learning more about it. I mean, Douglas Murray can go on telly and make erudite arguments criticising mass immigration and problems within the muslim community; TR reacting to those problems from a working class perspective is obviously going to produce something more crude and less pretty, maybe even something not helpful, but that doesnt mean there isnt a sincere and legitimate bone of contention that motivates him

31 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What motivates him is his bank balance and the mirror. Is it just pure luck that he has a massive house and is the best funded UK 'politician'? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tommy-robinson-is-best-funded-politician-in-uk-0sm5d0blp

Is it just a coincidence that his followers are often seen doing Nazi salutes? For all his calls to get every Muslim to apologise for Islamist extremists, I don't see him apologising for attacks and death threats of the people who cite him and his ideologies. 

He should be allowed to fight the corner of victims and against extremism, of course he should. Also, everything that he does and says shouldn't automatically be declared wrong just because of who he is and what he's done in the past. But, like every other person who wants to call Britain home, he must live by the law of the land and when he breaks those laws (repeatedly) he should face trial and has. He's more of a reformed man than he was years ago, it seems, but he's still a dangerous, aggressive and manipulative man who incites hatred. Whether or not that is his aim could be up for debate, I guess, but he hasn't exactly defended it. 

Edited by David Guiza
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I didnt mean to say you suggested that. Was just adding a wee disclaimer to the statement i made

He doesnt view other races as lesser. I beg you to watch the oxford union thing if interested, until i watched that i reckon my views on him were more or less based on headlines alone

Obviously nobody wants to see large crowds gathered to denounce a religion, but I think its important to understand why they might feel inclined to do so.

I kind of felt like i'd been a bit of a snob after learning more about it. I mean, Douglas Murray can go on telly and make erudite arguments criticising mass immigration and problems within the muslim community; TR reacting to those problems from a working class perspective is obviously going to produce something more crude and less pretty, maybe even something not helpful, but that doesnt mean there isnt a sincere and legitimate bone of contention that motivates him

TBH David Guiza above has made my point rather less hamfistedly than I could, so take that as a response.

One thing to add; for what it's worth I actually agree about the class aspect of it all - in my own opinion both the opinions of SYL and Murray hold equal weight, Murray is just better in dressing it up in flowery language.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

What motivates him is his bank balance and the mirror. Is it justt pure luck that he has a massive house and is the best funded UK 'politician'? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tommy-robinson-is-best-funded-politician-in-uk-0sm5d0blp

Is it just a coincidence that his followers are often seen doing Nazi salutes? For all his calls to get every Muslim to apologise for Islamist extremists, I don't see him apologising for attacks and death threats of the people who cite him and his idelogies. 

He should be allowed to fight the corner of victims and against extremism, of course he should. Also, everything that he does and says shouldn't automatically be declared wrong just because of who he is and what he's done in the past. But, like every other person who wants to call Britain home, he must live by the law of the land and when he breaks those laws (repeatedly) he should face trial and has. He's more of a reformed man than he was years ago, it seems, but he's still a dangerous, aggressive and manipulative man who incites hatred. Whether or not that is his aim could be up for debate, I guess, but he hasn't exactly defended it. 

In that Oxford Address he talks about how in the early days of the EDL they had fights with nazis, they didnt want nazis anywhere near their group. I think that kind of movement will inevitably attract certain types and it did, but I dont necessarily think that reflects upon him, especially when you see confrontation they had with nazis after first forming. But yeah, that kind of type was defo a problem around the EDL

Regarding his money, he certainly wasnt doing it for money when he started out. As i understand it he now gets funding from right wingers in america and probably other places, think thats a consequence more than an initial motivation

Regarding this latest conviction, i do see how it could be perceived as slightly contentious looking at the facts, but yeah, he's not a very sophisticated guy so that doesnt help when his whole platform and subject he talks about is so controversial, gets himself in trouble a lot, maybe thats on him

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I that Oxford Address he talks about how in the early days of the EDL they had fights with nazis, they didnt want nazis anywhere near their group. I think that kind of movement will inevitably attract certain types and it did, but I dont necessarily think that reflects upon him, especially when you see confrontation they had with nazis after first forming. But yeah, that kind of type was defo a problem around the EDL

Regarding his money, he certainly wasnt doing it for money when he started out. As i understand it he now gets funding from right wingers in america and probably other places, think thats a consequence more than an initial motivation

Regarding this latest conviction, i do see how it could be perceived as slightly contentious looking at the facts, but yeah, he's not a very sophisticated guy so that doesnt help when his whole platform and subject he talks about is so controversial, gets himself in trouble a lot, maybe thats on him

You can't help who follows you to extent, I agree (I mean I'm sure there are some LCFC fans that we all wish would head down the M69 or M1), but if Nazis and the like are drawn to your party then you have to question the content and aims that you're putting out there? He hasn't exactly told them where to get off.

Again, you can't help if people want to throw money at you, but I'd imagine he'd question Labour and co if they were receiving thousands of pounds here there and everywhere and using the same to fund their lifestyle. Of course he's entitled to do whatever he likes with money that these fools pump in, but then he can also expect to questionned and ridiculed for it too. Same goes for Farage and the money he and his parties have received and any other political person or party.

I may have an ounce of sympathy for him with this particular instance if he were not a repeat offender for this exact thing (and numerous other matters). He surely knew the consequences, or one of his clan must have. The laws are there for a reason and that is to protect the victims, not the accused as some of his mob seem to believe. 

Ultimatley if he wants to succeed in any shape or form then he needs to smarten up (not a slight on his background, but ultimatley you need to know what you're doing to succeed in that field. Look at Farage, he has a history to say the least, but he's careful with how he handles himself), he needs to address the aggression and he also needs to address the connatations that are attached to him otherwise the public image will never change. It almost certainly won't anyway because he's burnt more bridges than there are in Amsterdam, and it's almost impossible to change the public perception. He is however far too ego driven now, and is just seen as a martyr by a bunch of cretins rather than an activist and I can't see anything be a repeat of this when he comes out. 

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

You can't help who follows you to extent, I agree (I mean I'm sure there are some LCFC fans that we all wish would head down the M69 or M1), but if Nazis and the like are drawn to your party then you have to question the content and aims that you're putting out there? He hasn't exactly told them where to get off.

Again, you can't help if people want to throw money at you, but I'd imagine he'd question Labour and co if they were receiving thousands of pounds here there and everywhere and using the same to fund their lifestyle. Of course he's entitled to do whatever he likes with money that these fools pump in, but then he can also expect to questionned and ridiculed for it too. Same goes for Farage and the money he and his parties have received and any other political person or party.

I may have an ounce of sympathy for him with this particular instance if he were not a repeat offender for this exact thing (and numerous other matters). He surely knew the consequences, or one of his clan must have. The laws are there for a reason and that is to protect the victims, not the accused as some of his mob seem to believe. 

Ultimatley if he wants to succeed in any shape or form then he needs to smarten up (not a slight on his background, but ultimatley you need to know what you're doing to succeed in that field. Look at Farage, he has a history to say the least, but he's careful with how he handles himself), he needs to address the aggression and he also needs to address the connatations that are attached to him otherwise the public image will never change. It almost certainly won't anyway because he's burnt more bridges than there are in Amsterdam, and it's almost impossible to change the public perception. He is however far too ego driven now, and is just seen as a martyr by a bunch of cretins rather than an activist and I can't see anything be a repeat of this when he comes out. 

As I mentioned in the early days he told nazis exactly where to go. This included fighting with them when they showed up and burning a flag with a swastika on it. He didnt skirt the issue

I've read a lot of claims about this particular case and it doesnt seem cut a dried to me. Wasnt convicted by a jury, dont know why, no law expert.  You do see his followers defending him with statements that are ignorant of the facts but others less ignorant have made statements condemning the decision and i honestly dont know if its correct or not, but from what ive read im not sure.

Your last paragraph is probably correct. I think he has made attempts to refine his act and clean it up, but as far as the public is concerned maybe there isnt much further for him to go

I think if police and govt. had dealt better with certain issues, like the grooming gangs, there would even be a Tommy Robinson. Maybe he is more of a symptom than a cause of issues.  The last thing we want is for feelings like that to foment and for someone/thing worse to follow.

Not defending robinson or anything but what i don't get is, he's been done for contempt for broadcasting a court case which apparently could be jepardized and they would have to start again or let a bunch of peodos off but i'm pretty sure i've seen loads of televised court case and reporters outside courtrooms on the news when the case isn't over with suspects in view of the cameras. OJ Simpson case was broadcast on the tv as was oscar pistorius the fastest south african legless runner in world.

• Haha 2

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Not defending robinson or anything but what i don't get is, he's been done for contempt for broadcasting a court case which apparently could be jepardized and they would have to start again or let a bunch of peodos off but i'm pretty sure i've seen loads of televised court case and reporters outside courtrooms on the news when the case isn't over with suspects in view of the cameras. OJ Simpson case was broadcast on the tv as was oscar pistorius the fastest south african legless runner in world.

Neither of whom were being tried in the UK or the reporting subject to British laws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think they actually said that he didnt jeapardize the case in this ruling.  They said he caused anxiety to the paedos.....

They said he violated a reporting restriction that was specifically applied to this case, but he didnt report anything the bbc hadnt already reported, also there are issues around the court advertising this reporting restriction according to him, which an official admitted they had failed to do properly

Its all kind of muddy and difficult to feel great about the conviction. He has been sent to a max security prison full if people who will probably want to kill him

6 hours ago, Buce said:

So fvcking disrespectful.

Tourists rushing to climb Uluro before ban comes into effect:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48946585

world-australia-48946585

This really is the pits. When I went hardly anyone climbed out out of respect. Looking at that picture it looks like no one gives a shit anymore.

I really despair at the sheer ignorance and selfishness of people these days. I bet they haven't even bothered to learn about the history or significance of the aboriginal culture.

Yet another example of the general quality of humanity going down the pan.

7 hours ago, Buce said:

So fvcking disrespectful.

Tourists rushing to climb Uluro before ban comes into effect:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48946585

world-australia-48946585

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This really is the pits. When I went hardly anyone climbed out out of respect. Looking at that picture it looks like no one gives a shit anymore.

I really despair at the sheer ignorance and selfishness of people these days. I bet they haven't even bothered to learn about the history or significance of the aboriginal culture.

Yet another example of the general quality of humanity going down the pan.

What is even more incredible is many people are traipsing allover the thing then pi$$ing or taking a sh!t on it coz they arent capable of holding their bodily functions.