Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

Just now, The Guvnor said:

Early promise ?

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable thing to say. 

Labour under Corbyn had some good policies in their manifesto and for a while it looked like we might get a different sort of politics. 

Turns out he’s a cvnt like all the rest. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Not knowing alot about Buce, but he comes across as a guy that Google's loads of shit, mate.  Finding answer to these things there are probably more appropriate guys in working men's clubs and assylum camps 

That’s right, you know fvck all about me. As it happens, I’ve seen and done more things in my life than you’ll do if you if you live to be a thousand years old, but don’t let that spoil your narrative.

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

That’s right, you know fvck all about me. As it happens, I’ve seen and done more things in my life than you’ll do if you if you live to be a thousand years old, but don’t let that spoil your narrative.

Yeah right Buce, your ego is the only thing that's more then mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Farage is such a magnet for racists and weirdos.

Ann Widdecombe likens Brexit to emancipation of slaves

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/04/ann-widdecombe-likens-brexit-to-emancipation-of-slaves

We must have plenty of them then.

As for AW...her odd views are one thing but that voice, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Widdecombe is a complete embarrassment.  And there's people out there that voted her in.  Words fail me.

One of mattp's favourite politicians apparently…….I was kind of surprised about that one.:(

48 minutes ago, Buce said:

30 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Yeah right Buce, your ego is the only thing that's more then mine.

Well for what it’s worth knowing a bit about you both, you are letting forum and politics stuff get in the way of the absolute FACT that you’d both get on and be great value at any bar.

I’ve a good mind to invite you both round mine for drinks and debauchery- **** it Matt P and FIF could come too.... we’d have a bloody great night.

Text is an ambiguous format. Real life really would be a sound exchange of diversity and laughs.

Lets keep a proportional lid on shit.

Dates by PM in the diary please peeps.

It’ll be a safe space. You 

• Like 2

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Well for what it’s worth knowing a bit about you both, you are letting forum and politics stuff get in the way of the absolute FACT that you’d both get on and be great value at any bar.

I’ve a good mind to invite you both round mine for drinks and debauchery- **** it Matt P and FIF could come too.... we’d have a bloody great night.

Text is an ambiguous format. Real life really would be a sound exchange of diversity and laughs.

I need to see the pics of the poon first

10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

@MattP asking as he doesn't bring his bitch White Dee, the fooker foooked me off

This is just a taster of what is to come for Banana Republic Britain:

Some English schools 'can't afford to teach five days a week'

More than 200 schools in England are cutting short the school week, or are actively consulting on it, because they cannot afford to educate their pupils for a full five days, according to campaigners.

The figure was revealed on the eve of a demonstration in Westminster by parents and pupils protesting about a crisis in education funding, which means a growing number of children are being sent home at lunchtime every Friday so schools can save money.

Organised by Labour MP Jess Phillips, whose son’s Birmingham primary is among those affected, the march on Friday afternoon will be attended by protesters from Birmingham, Brighton, Hove, Hitchin, Wiltshire, Stockport, Hastings and Leicester.

To drive home the point, the Birmingham Yardley MP will deposit her 10-year-old son Danny and his best friend Morris on the front step of 10 Downing Street, where they will do their schoolwork, as a reminder of the government’s responsibility to care for and educate the nation’s children on a Friday afternoon.

“The whole thing is quite exciting for him,” said Phillips. “He wants to stick up for his school. It’s a brilliant school.”

According to Phillips, 26 schools in Birmingham including her son’s, Kings Heath primary, are either already on a four and a half-day week or are about to introduce it. Not only are pupils losing out on vital hours in school, parents are left scrambling to rearrange work or find childcare and school staff are losing jobs or pay.

“This is not just a Birmingham issue, which is what the government wants to paint it as,” she said. “It’s a problem in Stockport, Oxford, Cambridgeshire, Berkshire – there was one in Theresa May’s [Maidenhead] constituency – Bournemouth, London, Leicester, Sandwell.

“[The education system] is crumbling and nobody cares. The Department for Education just repeatedly wants to blame headteachers, as if the headteacher at my son’s school does not know how to manage money.”

Phillips said it was the responsibility of the government to make sure that every child is in school five days a week. “There are certain fundamentals in public sector services. Our children get free education five days a week. If you break your leg you can have a cast put on it. There are these fundamental principles that we expect from the state. Currently the state cannot deliver it.”

The campaign group Save our Schools (SOS) says children on four and a half-day weeks will lose 20 days of education over the course of a school year. They also point out the “hypocrisy” of government policies which leave schools with little choice but to close early, when parents face heavy fines for taking their child out of school for unauthorised absences.

“Every day, children are taught in crumbling buildings; subjects such as art and music are disappearing from the curriculum; pupils with special education needs are losing vital support and dedicated teaching staff are losing their jobs,” said SOS campaigner Kate Taylor.

“Now schools are being forced to reduce the length of the school week. Parents, teachers and pupils are living with the effects of a government that is not interested in investing in their education.

“If we were to remove our children for one Friday afternoon, let alone every Friday afternoon, we would be committing a criminal offence. It’s quite simple: we want our children to be in school receiving the education they deserve.”

Asked for comment on the protest, the DfE said flexibility over the length of the school week is not new and that schools have long had the choice to structure the school week as they choose. The department also pointed out that Birmingham’s funding was above average and should cover a full week of schooling for each child.

A spokesperson said: “The funding for an average primary class of 28 in Birmingham is £125,000 – above the national average of £115,000 for an equivalent-sized class. These amounts are to cover a full five-day week in term time.”

The Department for Education just repeatedly wants to blame headteachers, as if the headteacher at my son’s school does not know how to manage money.”

A spokesperson said: “The funding for an average primary class of 28 in Birmingham is £125,000 – above the national average of £115,000 for an equivalent-sized class. 

So if the headteacher isn't to blame, then why is this school reducing hours when others, less funded, aren't? 

Oh, Jess Phillips.

Sure, the government has to make sure it cares about education.

When you talk about reducing a five-day school week to four to four-and-a-half days, it begs the question why these measures are/were taken. Is it truly only because of cost cutting exercises?

There's enough evidence that some schools (depending on the curriculum) are much more effective on less than five days a week, able to cram more school subjects into a shorter week.

Seems to me that Phillips wants the school to be some kind of nanny state, so that she has more time for herself. This points at the notion of her wanting to exercise less of her parental duties.

Meanwhile, over here, teachers are very sought after. And I remember a time and age when you went to school six days a week.

12 hours ago, Buce said:

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable thing to say. 

Labour under Corbyn had some good policies in their manifesto and for a while it looked like we might get a different sort of politics. 

Turns out he’s a cvnt like all the rest. 

Good Polices lol

A different sort of politics lol

Definitely agree with the last statement! 

23 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Good Polices lol

A different sort of politics lol

Definitely agree with the last statement! 

Well, the Tories stole some of them, so...

51 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The Department for Education just repeatedly wants to blame headteachers, as if the headteacher at my son’s school does not know how to manage money.”

A spokesperson said: “The funding for an average primary class of 28 in Birmingham is £125,000 – above the national average of £115,000 for an equivalent-sized class. 

So if the headteacher isn't to blame, then why is this school reducing hours when others, less funded, aren't? 

I can only speak from personal experience - we have teachers on here who can give a more definitive answer - but I suspect it's entirely due to relative incomes of parents; my daughter attended three different schools, and not one of them would have been able to function without constant appeals to parents for money. These were not poorly run schools either - her first head-teacher was a 'troubleshooter' for other failing schools and received an OBE for services to education.

Fact is, the Academy experiment has been a huge failure, with disadvantaged students faring worst of all.

Education is an absolute shambles at the moment. Teachers are quitting left, right and centre within the first few years of taking it up and there is a real struggle to get more potential teachers to take it up as a proffession. The government is throwing money at trainee maths and science teachers to convince them to sign up, meanwhile the other subjects, particularly the arts, are on their arses.

There's no real attempt to change the toxic environment and workload for the current crop either, just attempts to entise more people in by crossing their palms with more silver to begin training; and due to the desperation to get more and more teachers to take up the proffession the calibre of teacher is certainly going to decline also.

Seems to me it's a Catch 22 situation

Academies are sucking the money out of the system and many are losing money in spite of this.

State run schools suffer form too much interference from politically inspired dogma in a yoyo situation.

Lose/Lose.

48 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Education is an absolute shambles at the moment. Teachers are quitting left, right and centre within the first few years of taking it up and there is a real struggle to get more potential teachers to take it up as a proffession. The government is throwing money at trainee maths and science teachers to convince them to sign up, meanwhile the other subjects, particularly the arts, are on their arses.

There's no real attempt to change the toxic environment and workload for the current crop either, just attempts to entise more people in by crossing their palms with more silver to begin training; and due to the desperation to get more and more teachers to take up the proffession the calibre of teacher is certainly going to decline also.

I seem to recall your OH went to work at my daughter's last school.

How has she found it?

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

I seem to recall your OH went to work at my daughter's last school.

How has she found it?

On the whole she's enjoyed her first year, in terms of the literal teaching of lessons she loves it. Just all the red tape and unnecessary paperwork etc that makes it almost two jobs in one. I imagine that's the same everywhere, with the possible exception of private schools when you have a bit of autonomy over what you do.

Didn't realise how big the trust was that the school is under, my old secondary school and about 15 other schools are part of it, it seems. I got annoyed the other day as she had to go to my old school for some sort of training, and I jokingly asked her to look out for any 'notable alumni' posts about me. She reported back that two guys in the year below me were there (who aren't exactly massive) but not my friend who has won a stage at the Tour De France! Completley irrelevant but I needed to let my frustration out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

On the whole she's enjoyed her first year, in terms of the literal teaching of lessons she loves it. Just all the red tape and unnecessary paperwork etc that makes it almost two jobs in one. I imagine that's the same everywhere, with the possible exception of private schools when you have a bit of autonomy over what you do.

Didn't realise how big the trust was that the school is under, my old secondary school and about 15 other schools are part of it, it seems. I got annoyed the other day as she had to go to my old school for some sort of training, and I jokingly asked her to look out for any 'notable alumni' posts about me. She reported back that two guys in the year below me were there (who aren't exactly massive) but not my friend who has won a stage at the Tour De France! Completley irrelevant but I needed to let my frustration out. 

I won't name names so as not compromise your anonymity, but your partner's school has one very notable alumni who went to school with my brother.

• Like 1