Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Further to this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48903915

I wouldn't mind knowing what areas outside of economics the UK government does feel the current US administration is effective at. Also sounds like an orchestrated attempt to bring Darroch down that has backfired because right now the blame is being pointed at everyone but him.

I don't get how leaking this information isn't a criminal offence. It's working against British national interests and now Trump is going on the full blown offensive against Darroch. It stinks of a Farage/Bannon/Ashcroft hatchet job to install a partisan brexiteer in that position (the civil service should be neutral politically). 

• Like 3

I would say good for "our man in Washington".Nothing we did not know anyway and it's his job to report warts and all back to London.He's going to retire at the end of the year anyway.It's the Mail On Sunday that should be looked into for leaking this stuff.

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

On 06/07/2019 at 09:31, Strokes said:

When my dad is seriously ill and his dementia gets aggravated, he can be racist. It’s totally out of character for how he normally is or was.

Just seen this post,My dad is going through the later stages of dementia(in a home) and never heard him swear,lash out at people or anything like that......but he does now on a bad day like today.Another day he can be like there's nothing wrong with him and wants to come home!Stay strong mate...it's hard!(sorry for hijacking the thread!)Anyone else in our shoe's...if so i'll make another thread.

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Yaxley Lennon seeking political asylum in America. 

Perhaps Trump could appoint him as UK ambassador to the USA? :ph34r:

Btw. I wonder whether Russia had anything to do with the leaking of the comments by the current ambassador?

It certainly has a history of such conduct - and a policy motive, in seeking to sow division between Western powers.

30 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Btw. I wonder whether Russia had anything to do with the leaking of the comments by the current ambassador?

It certainly has a history of such conduct - and a policy motive, in seeking to sow division between Western powers.

I saw a brief clip of Ann Widdecombe being asked if Farage would make a good ambassador, and she said there's no need for him as he's going to be PM. It was at that moment that I gave up.

I wouldn't be surprised, it certainly seems to be convenient timing too and the world knows how precious and volatile he can be. Already dreading the media brown nosing on behalf of Boris (or Hunt) to get back in their good books. 

34 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I personally would be looking at the Farage/Bannon connection.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Has George Galloway blamed the Jews yet? 

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I personally would be looking at the Farage/Bannon connection.

Yeah - it makes logical sense for those guys to try and bring in a hardcore Brexiteer to push the "special relationship" in what they deem to be the correct direction at this point in time. However, they must know that it was going to look to most people like that is exactly is what's going on...so as in light of that it rather loses the impact, why attempt it?

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah - it makes logical sense for those guys to try and bring in a hardcore Brexiteer to push the "special relationship" in what they deem to be the correct direction at this point in time. However, they must know that it was going to look to most people like that is exactly is what's going on...so as in light of that it rather loses the impact, why attempt it?

What do they care what it looks like?

I see it as influencing Bozo's choice as to who replaces him - Trump will now want some kind of veto, and when Trump says 'jump', post-Brexit Britain under Bozo will just ask 'how high'.

Edited by Buce

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

What do they care what it looks like?

I see it as influencing Bozo's choice as to replaces him - Trump will now want some kind of veto, and when Trump says 'jump', post-Brexit Britain under Bozo will just ask 'how high'.

There's something in that. Perhaps I'm overestimating the influence of those who actually see this for what it (probably) is on the outcome.

5 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Yaxley Lennon seeking political asylum in America. 

Image result for peep show gif

“I feel I am two days away from being sentenced to death, in the UK, for journalism – today I call on Donald Trump, his administration, and the Republican party to grant me and my family political asylum in the USA.”  - Tiny Tommy

What a drama queen... lol

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

“I feel I am two days away from being sentenced to death, in the UK, for journalism – today I call on Donald Trump, his administration, and the Republican party to grant me and my family political asylum in the USA.”  - Tiny Tommy

What a drama queen... lol

It is of course completley different to the countries where you can be sentenced to death for journalism and alike that innocent people escape from, to Europe, for a better and safer life. They are parasites and he is a martyr.  

• Like 1

Jebus help us. Chinese people getting paid higher than any other ethnicity group, must be because of racism and not because the majority of Chinese that come to live and work in the UK are highly educated ballers. Wtf is even happening. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48919813

"Ministers must take bold action to confront inequality and racism in the labour market. The obvious first step is to introduce mandatory ethnicity pay gap reporting without delay," she said.

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Jebus help us. Chinese people getting paid higher than any other ethnicity group, must be because of racism and not because the majority of Chinese that come to live and work in the UK are highly educated ballers. Wtf is even happening. 

"Ministers must take bold action to confront inequality and racism in the labour market. The obvious first step is to introduce mandatory ethnicity pay gap reporting without delay," she said.

It’s almost like you need to be highly skilled to get a work visa from China!

One of my team had degrees from Shanghai, Copenhagen and LSE, and had ACA quailed at PwC when I hired her.

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It’s almost like you need to be highly skilled to get a work visa from China!

One of my team had degrees from Shanghai, Copenhagen and LSE, and had ACA quailed at PwC when I hired her.

Yeah but why is she getting paid more than the average Bangladeshi? :dunno:

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

This seems to be a classic case of statistics being used to show what one wants them to.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

This seems to be a classic case of statistics being used to show what one wants them to.

Indeed. Just like some folk have a go at the older generation, because statistics show that the majority of them voted for Brexit. These brexit voters are all stupid, racist alzheimer sufferers and the sooner they`re gone the better. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48908766

"Though loot boxes look like gambling, we won't know what their effects are until these companies start sharing their data with independent scientists.

"There isn't good evidence it is gambling, but the very fact we don't have hard data should be a concern."

Spoiler alert, it's gambling. 

While I'm not against gambling as a general rule, I'm 100% against gambling in computer games, no need for it at all. 

10 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

And our MI6 depts are innocent angels!!