Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

11 minutes ago, bovril said:

How many times now have you flounced from this thread? Stop being a drama queen and embrace the nuttiness. 

Matt is alot of things but I don't think drama queen is one of them. There's literally people on this forum that act hard and say shite like they'll meet anyone down the pub for "a chat" then block themselves from seeing someone's posts because they don't agree with them. lol

20 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Matt is alot of things but I don't think drama queen is one of them. There's literally people on this forum that act hard and say shite like they'll meet anyone down the pub for "a chat" then block themselves from seeing someone's posts because they don't agree with them. lol

He's a bit of a diva to be fair. 

I block a lot of people's posts because I don't want to see them tbh. Best feature on the site. 

I don't have the enthusiasm for arguing with people on the internet anymore. I used to endlessly as a kid, just ask @Jon the Hat

But I know I'm still prone to get sucked in. I'd say, as I've aged I've gotten no less fiery and easily triggered, I've just learned to check myself a bit more before I run my mouth (or fingers in this case) off. Occasionally I'll write out a whole ranty response to something, catch myself and just scrap it. Sometimes I'll post it anyway but I'm much better than I was. 

Blocking people I know have views that are just consistently going to wind me up is just better for my sanity and probably theirs tbf. 

I've never offered to fight someone though mind. I don't think they'd take it seriously if I did. lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But I know I'm still prone to get sucked in. I'd say, as I've aged I've gotten no less fiery and easily triggered, I've just learned to check myself a bit more before I run my mouth (or fingers in this case) off. Occasionally I'll write out a whole ranty response to something, catch myself and just scrap it.

I'm always doing this, but then I was always very argumentative in life but now it makes me stressed and ill. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The only people I've seen on here offering to meet someone down the pub haven't been doing it as a euphemism for a fight.

Maybe we all failed to give Alan Sheehan the benefit of the doubt. 

Maybe he really did just want a beer with @Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe we all failed to give Alan Sheehan the benefit of the doubt. 

Maybe he really did just want a beer with @Manwell Pablo

This was before my time. Am I correct in reading into this that Alan Sheehan came on here and called someone out? 

Just now, bovril said:

This was before my time. Am I correct in reading into this that Alan Sheehan came on here and called someone out? 

I have a feeling it might have been on Facebook I don't think he signed up on here, I could be wrong though my memory is appalling. But Mablo definitely got under his skin yeah. 

Sheehan was a bit of an in joke on here largely because of Thracian.

Thracian used to have a habit of convincing himself that all of our academy players were future world cup winners and we should play them more often. He'd act like he'd personally scouted them all and was some youth football expert.

The abuse of Sheehan (and Louis "best finisher at the club" Dodds) was less really abuse of Sheehan and more just banter between Thracian and what he called the "Swan Lestas", an alleged clique of Foxestalk piss takers that were very active on here circa 03/04/05.

But I guess if you're a young footballer in the early days of social media and forums and you're googling yourself and reading all that constant abuse its probably easy to take it personally. Think he's the only one that ever bit. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I block a lot of people's posts because I don't want to see them tbh. Best feature on the site. 

I don't have the enthusiasm for arguing with people on the internet anymore. I used to endlessly as a kid, just ask @Jon the Hat

But I know I'm still prone to get sucked in. I'd say, as I've aged I've gotten no less fiery and easily triggered, I've just learned to check myself a bit more before I run my mouth (or fingers in this case) off. Occasionally I'll write out a whole ranty response to something, catch myself and just scrap it. Sometimes I'll post it anyway but I'm much better than I was. 

Blocking people I know have views that are just consistently going to wind me up is just better for my sanity and probably theirs tbf. 

I've never offered to fight someone though mind. I don't think they'd take it seriously if I did. lol

In the end its different strokes for different folks. But I can't imagine anyone on here winding me up enough to block them. I survived toddy's meltdown when he started spewing molten crazy around the place like a Grebfromgrebland on smack, don't think anything could top that. lol

Although tbf, my participation on this site is mostly lurking anyways. Maybe I'm just not committed enough to care? :dunno:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I have a feeling it might have been on Facebook I don't think he signed up on here, I could be wrong though my memory is appalling. But Mablo definitely got under his skin yeah. 

Sheehan was a bit of an in joke on here largely because of Thracian.

Thracian used to have a habit of convincing himself that all of our academy players were future world cup winners and we should play them more often. He'd act like he'd personally scouted them all and was some youth football expert.

The abuse of Sheehan (and Louis "best finisher at the club" Dodds) was less really abuse of Sheehan and more just banter between Thracian and what he called the "Swan Lestas", an alleged clique of Foxestalk piss takers that were very active on here circa 03/04/05.

But I guess if you're a young footballer in the early days of social media and forums and you're googling yourself and reading all that constant abuse its probably easy to take it personally. Think he's the only one that ever bit. 

Have you thought about writing an in-depth history of the forum? You could call it Of Fossils and Foxestalk. I'd buy it.

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

In the end its different strokes for different folks. But I can't imagine anyone on here winding me up enough to block them. I survived toddy's meltdown when he started spewing molten crazy around the place like a Grebfromgrebland on smack, don't think anything could top that. lol

Although tbf, my participation on this site is mostly lurking anyways. Maybe I'm just not committed enough to care? :dunno:

I am just very, very easily triggered. For clarity, I'd say I'm pretty remarkably thick skinned and hard to offend. When I say wound up, I don't mean upset. I don't think I've ever been particularly upset or offended by anything that's ever been posted on here. I guess provoked is the right word. 

I'm the same in real life, my friends know exactly how to provoke a rant from me and tend to set me off for sport. 

I just tend to get passionate about things that really probably aren't worth being passionate about, such as whether or not some idiot on here is still trying to defend Puel's tenure. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I am just very, very easily triggered. For clarity, I'd say I'm pretty remarkably thick skinned and hard to offend. When I say wound up, I don't mean upset. I don't think I've ever been particularly upset or offended by anything that's ever been posted on here. I guess provoked is the right word. 

I'm the same in real life, my friends know exactly how to provoke a rant from me and tend to set me off for sport. 

I just tend to get passionate about things that really probably aren't worth being passionate about, such as whether or not some idiot on here is still trying to defend Puel's tenure. :whistle:

Claude did sign a few good'uns though...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

I block people when experience has taught me that I have absolutely zero interest in reading anything they might post.

The list is actually quite long.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Air to air missile*

Ya ain't shooting that bad boy out of a rocket launcher. lol

Yeah, without the correct aircraft that isn't going to be fired anywhere.

However, how about selling it on to a country that does have that kind of aircraft (contravening arms regulations) for a tidy profit and using the proceeds to buy things that you can fire in the way you like at people you don't like?

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, without the correct aircraft that isn't going to be fired anywhere.

However, how about selling it on to a country that does have that kind of aircraft (contravening arms regulations) for a tidy profit and using the proceeds to buy things that you can fire in the way you like at people you don't like?

Don't think they'll be selling it to anyone now tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

For anyone who's a fan you can email him here.

Even better if you're not a fan then you can email him here!

Katie Hopkins and Tiny Tommy.

What is it they say about being known by the company you keep?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

For anyone who's a fan you can email him here.

Even better if you're not a fan then you can email him here!

But Katie, who IS this Yaxley-Lennon character of whom you speak?

I expect "Tommy" "Robinson" will be thrilled that she is helping him out in this manner and excited about the exclusively positive and supportive correspondence that is headed his way

• Haha 1