Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

It's not often you get a chance to buy a player who automatically comes in to be arguably the best player in the team. 

We have a big advantage after having him here and Silva doing so well in Monaco that a deal should be not too difficult to come to between both clubs. The only fear is if a top six club or big European club fancy him but that's not a given as those types of clubs can buy anyone in the world more or less and a player doing well at Leicester who has been rejected by Monaco might not be a first choice for those sort of clubs.

I'd be willing to go up to 50m + Silva for him.

The fact he's only 21 makes it even more absurd. The chance to get a player like him doesn't come around often.

West Ham spent that sort of money on Anderson. Everton on Sigurdsson. Wolves would have had to spend that money on Neves had they not had Mendes on board.

We need a player like him. If it involves selling say Maguire or Chilwell then so be it.

I suppose if a permanent deal can’t be done, an option would be to ask Monaco to extend the loan swap deal for a year. Which would be far more beneficial to Monaco financially, so I’m sure they’d agree to it. But only as a last resort.

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd be willing to go up to 50m + Silva for him.

The fact he's only 21 makes it even more absurd. The chance to get a player like him doesn't come around often.

West Ham spent that sort of money on Anderson. Everton on Sigurdsson. Wolves would have had to spend that money on Neves had they not had Mendes on board.

We need a player like him. If it involves selling say Maguire or Chilwell then so be it.

That's really kind of you to buy him for us!.. 

Give Rudders a bell and get the Bank account details so you can transfer the 50m across. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

We were looking for something from Silva that I'm not sure he can offer. He's just keeping it simple there, not being creative and just ticking things over. We had plenty doing that here already and when he was asked to be creative here he seemed to just pass the ball out of play.

Fabregas is one of the most gifted midfield creators of his generation, Silva will do the simple stuff as you say alongside him and compliment him well. Tielemans is a beast in a setup like ours and we rely on him for a hell of a lot, which is also freeing up Maddison to become more effective too. It really does seem happy all round and we should pay a premium of £20-25m on top of giving them Silva just because of Tielemans age (and the fact he is an absolute phenomenon)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans or that style of player is more essential to us than another striker, We currently don't have a creative midfielder like him so he is the priority. Yes, we need another striker but that is secondary to this and likely dependent on us moving on Slimani and/or Iheanacho.

I can see where you are coming from. 

But on the other hand...could we cope without Tielemans for 4-5 weeks? I’d say we could, although we’d be a worse team. 

But without a striker if Vardy got injured? I think we’d be a much worse team playing with our other options for a prolonged period. 

The prospect of heading into next season without Tielemans saddens me, but without a partner/backup for Vardy is much worse IMO. 

Edited by leicesterseddon