Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Leicester are closing in on a £40m deal for on-loan Monaco midfielder Youri Tielemans, amid speculation Tottenham and Manchester Unitedwant to move for the 21-year-old Belgian. (Sun on Sunday)

We’re closing in is all I need to know…. You scan skip the second paragraph 

Announce Youri :scarf:

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Best loan spell ever?

Too early to say. I'm reminded of the 1982-83 season when we needed a touch of midfield class and we signed Gerry Daly on loan from Coventry. He'd played a lot of games for Man Utd and Derby and was exactly what we needed. Lots of fans wanted us to sign him just like now but sadly Coventry wouldn't sell.

He was probably the difference between us being promoted to the 1st Division as it was then. He sat deeper than Tielemans but just as Tielemans has allowed Maddison to play more freely so did Daly allow a very young Kevin MacDonald to really develop,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

Good decision. I’ve done the same with the radio programmes - savage and Sutton’s retarded nonsense every week was starting to get to me 

Me too, I listen to the radio with the volume off, it's much more rewarding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still think the big thing in our favour is that Monaco are very keen to keep Silva. Added to this is his desire to play regularly which we can guarantee and the lad looks genuinely happy at the club. I would certainly hope that breaking our transfer record on this type of quality player is within the recruitment remit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Good decision. I’ve done the same with the radio programmes - savage and Sutton’s retarded nonsense every week was starting to get to me 

Same. I listen to the match on the radio now with the commentary off.

• Haha 1

Truth is, Tielemans wouldn’t be here without Puel. And if he’d been here all season Puel wouldn’t have been fired. Ironic, ain’t it?

Rodgers is a well-credentialed guy and he may do very well here.  But between the new manager bounce and adding Youri, this nice run is eminently unsurprising.  Make no mistake, Tielemans is the straw that stirs the drink - he was the missing piece so many of us (including Puel, obviously) were saying all season we needed.  In addition to all the things he does himself his presence makes everyone better, both because of his organizational skill and the way he lets other guys play their natural roles at last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The lads unbelievable, he's looking so good the club are just going to have to find the money somehow.

Yeah there are some footballers you can just tell immediately when you see them that they're head and shoulders above. They ooze class. 

When Kante first dropped in to centre midfield, when Cambiasso joined, I have the same reaction when I watch Tielmans. 

I'm genuinely stunned he's not got on in Monaco given this is ultimately a fundamentally higher level. Their club must be rotten af. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

We have had a lot of duff high ticket signings recently. What Tielemans shows is that loaning players before buying could be a smart way to operate. OK you do pay more if the player works out but you potentially save much more over having to pay wages and downgrade the transfer value on a flop.

Another piece in the 'Leicester City Genuine World Class XI' jigsaw:

(a few missing pieces still, obviously)

1. Banks

2.                              4.                                      5.                           3.

11.Mahrez                             8.Cambiasso                6.Kante                            7.Tielemans                 

9.Lineker                  10.Mancini

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The lads unbelievable, he's looking so good the club are just going to have to find the money somehow.

The way it's going, he'd command £50-55m minimum soon. I think we just lob £30m and Silva and hope they say yes right now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Another piece in the 'Leicester City Genuine World Class XI' jigsaw:

(a few missing pieces still, obviously)

1. Banks

2.                              4.J. Willis                                 5.                           3.

11.Mahrez                             8.Cambiasso                6.Kante                            7.Tielemans                 

9.Lineker                  10.Mancini

FtFY

• Haha 1

Looks quality and is given freedom to play by N'Didi being the lynchpin between the defence and the forward two in midfield, Tilly and Maddy, well worth £40 million  in todays money.

Edited by ithuriel

Hate to be a pessimist but I think his stock is rising so quickly that he will bypass us. I am as gutted as the next person but not buying him in January will probably be the biggest mistake in hindsight we've ever made. The only thing that might stop him joining a top 6 club is if we sneak into the Europa League.