Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We need to do something creative to make it happen, whether it's selling players, dipping into future funds. I've gone from "we can't afford him", to "we have to buy him". Nothing indicates the money being there without us doing some wheeling and dealing, but it's imperative. He's one of those players that takes a decent team to an edge of top 6 team.

Vichai may well have had an insurance policy as a parting gift that gives us Tielemans. Although that sound like a joke, it's Vichai and the man was incredible.

I think signing this guy is going to cost £30m, even with Silva going the other way. 

Which makes me wonder whether we can actually afford him, given a new striker is pretty much essential and will also cost £30m+. 

That’s a net £60m spend right there, just on those two players. 

(For comparison, our entire net spend last summer was about £25m, which dropped to £16m across the season after we sold Iborra). 

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, but the same could be said about silva. Worth 25 million before they took him, benchwarmer etc, now they’re raving about him so his price goes up

Silva is nearly 30, and wasn’t worth £25m before they took him, raving about him?

He might be time playing ok but

0 goals and 0 assists the French league so far 

Edited by HankMarvin

Trying not to build my hopes up with keeping him because it's only going to hurt. He is superb. How the hell did he struggle at Monaco?

I was sceptical when it happened. Monaco fans weren't particularly impressed and there was something very Renato Sanches about it.

I was wrong. He's outstanding. If we don't get him signed, someone better will, there's no doubt about that.

Edited by Dan LCFC

21 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I think signing this guy is going to cost £30m, even with Silva going the other way. 

Which makes me wonder whether we can actually afford him, given a new striker is pretty much essential and will also cost £30m+. 

That’s a net £60m spend right there, just on those two players. 

(For comparison, our entire net spend last summer was about £25m, which dropped to £16m across the season after we sold Iborra). 

Tielemans or that style of player is more essential to us than another striker, We currently don't have a creative midfielder like him so he is the priority. Yes, we need another striker but that is secondary to this and likely dependent on us moving on Slimani and/or Iheanacho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans or that style of player is more essential to us than another striker, We currently don't have a creative midfielder like him so he is the priority. Yes, we need another striker but that is secondary to this and likely dependent on us moving on Slimani and/or Iheanacho.

I think Slim, whilst clearly not the answer long term could end up doing us a favour. We can fill the striker hole in the squad with him for the moment, and perhaps direct the funds elsewhere. Obviously depends on whether the stuff about him being a giant prat are true or not though.

The other option deal for Sturridge, whereby we've got no fee to pay. The massive downside being his injury record.

• Like 1

I quite like this "try before you buy" way of doing business.

Not sure if it would have been successful between 2013 and 2015, but it would have helped us out between 2016 and 2017 Slimani, Musa, Silva etc etc. 

I don't think we'll flinch at spending 40 mill on him, we could even go to 50 mill and it would seem justified. 

The price would still seem as a decent investment at that price considering his age. 

I'd say, it just comes down to him now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

One of the replys:- 

Tielemans n'est pas un bon joueur. Il ne nous servait à rien. Merci silva qui joue au foot. C'est pas la danseuse de tielemans...

Tielemans is not a good player. He was useless. Thank you silva who plays football. It's not the dancer of tielemans ...

LOL

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think Slim, whilst clearly not the answer long term could end up doing us a favour. We can fill the striker hole in the squad with him for the moment, and perhaps direct the funds elsewhere. Obviously depends on whether the stuff about him being a giant prat are true or not though.

The other option deal for Sturridge, whereby we've got no fee to pay. The massive downside being his injury record.

Sturridge is a temptation, probably get him for the same wages as Slimani gets here. Still only 29 and has done ok this season when called upon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

So funny seeing the same 1-dimensional thinking on their forum as ours. "Tielemans is not a good player"....yeah alright mate. They will be looking at some of our comments on Silva and thinking how stupid we are too. Clearly both are very very good players, and for whatever reasons didn't work out for a particular club at a particular time. I do reckon Tielemans is a better player though and only gonna get bettter. 21 years old still is an exciting thought. We have incredible potential in this young team at the moment, it's hard not to be excited.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

So funny seeing the same 1-dimensional thinking on their forum as ours. "Tielemans is not a good player"....yeah alright mate. They will be looking at some of our comments on Silva and thinking how stupid we are too. Clearly both are very very good players, and for whatever reasons didn't work out for a particular club at a particular time. I do reckon Tielemans is a better player though and only gonna get bettter. 21 years old still is an exciting thought. We have incredible potential in this young team at the moment, it's hard not to be excited.

We were looking for something from Silva that I'm not sure he can offer. He's just keeping it simple there, not being creative and just ticking things over. We had plenty doing that here already and when he was asked to be creative here he seemed to just pass the ball out of play.

My one reservation about him was his stamina, but against Bournemouth he was all over the pitch for the whole game so that's now out the window. He could genuinely become one of the best midfielders in the world. If we manage to sign him permanently I'll be ecstatic.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, matty98 said:

My one reservation about him was his stamina, but against Bournemouth he was all over the pitch for the whole game so that's now out the window.

Yeah it was noticeable how much fitter he was in this game, didn't seem to slow down at all.

On 31/03/2019 at 08:11, st albans fox said:

That’s cos it’s fit their agenda that the senior players downed tools on puel - they are so engrossed with their narrative that they aren’t doing their jobs ! 

Im sure Gary has noticed but he isn’t going to want to highlight it

btw, all the top clubs across Europe and England are on this ......... it depends what message his people are giving them. If he wants to come here then that would be great but Monaco may be able to wind the price up even further on the back of it.  

if if you believe that he will be one of Europe’s best midfielders in four years or so then paying 50/60m wouldn’t be a particularly big risk as your money is safe - however, that’s a v large hole in our transfer budget without a few big sales ........

Lineker usually perpetrates this nonsense himself on Twitter. It's sad to see him siding with the mainstream media over his own club - particularity players who've achieved so much for us.

Some fascinating views on the Monaco forums. I think they completely understand and sum up the situation perfectly:

it's crazy exchange Silva-Tielemans we think back and when we see the good first games of the two players in their respective new clubs ...

Silva in Leicester it was really a ghost, there I do not recognize it! And that's good! Ditto for Tielemans!

They probably found an environment that suited each of them better ... I think they have totally different technical characteristics, and that they were not used in a configuration that suited them in their respective old clubs. . I think they could have been complementary.

Silva is a Latin he is made for a championship like ours, I really do not see him flourish in Premier League seen its characteristics .... 

Adrien Silva, one of the players Monaco must keep for next season. A good pick. 

Tielemans can stay in Leicester. This is not a loss in football for Monaco. 

Tielemans may be a good player but not the leader that is silva.

In addition, Silva is much better at recovering the ball.

It's a win-win deal. The supporters of Leicester are happy to get rid of Silva as we are happy to have gotten rid of Tielemans. They are delighted with the services of Tielemans like us from those of Silva. Both players must, I guess, be happy too.

Everybody is happy.

It's life, cuicui. 

Regarding Tielemans I can not say much about his success or not in PL, but on Silva I followed him a lot when he was at Sporting and when he signed Leicester I really wondered what he was going to **** down ... It's really not a game for him. Bizarre that he had no offers in liga .... they love this kind of players ..

The comparison makes sense, as long as you go further than X> Y (X = Silva or Tielemans and vice versa).

Tielemans needs to have a team that defends for him, so he focuses on reorientation and nothing else.

In Monaco it is not relay runners to boost the game, we have leaders / wingers who do it very well, as long as the balloons are high enough and not in panic when the media help the defense.

That's why the exchange is win-win, we needed a shadow worker, so Silva, they needed a Tielemans.

Afterwards it's also clear that in an environment that has rejected you (Tielemans, it's been a long time since he "sulked", Silva must be the same on his side) you're going back on a healthier basis and it's easier to better make the effort ... 

After real, I'm sure you put Cesc + Jardim to Leicester and Silva he found the way ... (Tielemans + Jardim cons I think it's dead xD)

I think their point of us needing a Tielemans type of player is completely correct, as we have all seen. A creative force who doesn't have to worry too much about defending as we have Ndidi. Not to say Tielemans doesn't tackle, because he does, but he's not as constrained as say Mendy was when he is in the team.

Also really goes to show that some players are just not made for certain leagues. Another good example I can think of is Juan Veron who was Serie A player of the season but a flop at Manchester United, and Diego Forlan who won the Golden Boot at Atletico but again was a flop at Man United.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a win-win deal. The supporters of Leicester are happy to get rid of Silva as we are happy to have gotten rid of Tielemans. They are delighted with the services of Tielemans like us from those of Silva. Both players must, I guess, be happy too.

Everybody is happy.

It's life, cuicui.

Fingers crossed, put us in a very good position if they do want Silva and makes the transfer more than doable.

• Like 1

The Silva/Tielemans debate is simply both players are more adaptable to the styles of their current leagues. I think Tielemans is notably enjoying the frantic nature of the Premier League. 

How we are going to pull this off into a permanent transfer, hmmm Rudkin will have to earn his crust. 

In some ways, a bit of additional interest in Tielemans could help as much as it could hinder. Monaco could string us along if we were the sole interest but equally the price could go up with a competitor. However, I'd be surprised if another major club (a bigger fish) were willing to stump up £40 million plus off the nose. 

34 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

If it comes down to us or spurs, it could be a choice between 7th and 5th with both being in the europa league. if he chose us it would be hilarious seeing the spurs reaction.

Spurs won't pay 45m for him unless Eriksen leaves. But the problem is that he might leave for Real Madrid. Otherwise I don't think they would go for him. Even if Eriksen goes, I don't think they could offer the wages we could as Spurs are notoriously tight in this regard.

Manchester United is the fear for me. Herrera hasn't signed his contract and Mata is getting on. They need a central midfield player and he and Pogba together would be a great combination. No one can compete with Man U, not even Man City so we just have to hope they want someone at an even higher level, like a Rakitic or even they might go for Eriksen themselves. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

We need to do something creative to make it happen, whether it's selling players, dipping into future funds. I've gone from "we can't afford him", to "we have to buy him". Nothing indicates the money being there without us doing some wheeling and dealing, but it's imperative. He's one of those players that takes a decent team to an edge of top 6 team.

Where I stand as well. There are exceptions and this kid is one of them.

£40mil I'd be doing it straight away. Even if that's a lot now I reckon if we sold him in a couple of years it could be for double that.

It's a small sample of games but he is a fantastic player. A joy to watch.

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Spurs won't pay 45m for him unless Eriksen leaves. But the problem is that he might leave for Real Madrid. Otherwise I don't think they would go for him. Even if Eriksen goes, I don't think they could offer the wages we could as Spurs are notoriously tight in this regard.

Manchester United is the fear for me. Herrera hasn't signed his contract and Mata is getting on. They need a central midfield player and he and Pogba together would be a great combination. No one can compete with Man U, not even Man City so we just have to hope they want someone at an even higher level, like a Rakitic or even they might go for Eriksen themselves. 

Spurs are the worry, United have the money to not dick about and just sign proven players. Spurs will be the ones, I just pray they want Grealish instead. We need to steal a march on them all and start negotiating now before they know what they want.

Edited by Babylon