Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

On 26/05/2019 at 16:01, Walkers said:

Because this isn't playstation

Anybody who calls that race boring can bore off themselves.

It wasn’t boring, but it certainly wasn’t any kind of spectacle either. Yes, 3 drivers were in contention for the win, but were they? Really? No they weren’t. If you wanted anyone contending for the lead, it would be Max, never say die who gives a **** attitude but with the skills to match. It’s just impossible around that track. Too much to lose, as Max nearly discovered. If they insist on keeping Monaco, then please sack one of Hockenheim or Hungary for something with more potential please. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I think we're losing a couple of races soon. Hockenheim is one IIRC. 

If it wasn't for the money I'm sure Monaco would have gone a long time ago, a procession for the rich and famous, not much racing happens in that race anymore. What was it 3 or 4 overtakes this year? (Not counting the first corner). 

20 hours ago, browniefox said:

If it wasn't for the money I'm sure Monaco would have gone a long time ago, a procession for the rich and famous, not much racing happens in that race anymore. What was it 3 or 4 overtakes this year? (Not counting the first corner). 

No it wouldn't, the glamour adds to the event but it is the crown jewel of F1, every driver wants to win it. Would be like indycar dropping the indy500 or WEC dropping LeMans

17 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No it wouldn't, the glamour adds to the event but it is the crown jewel of F1, every driver wants to win it. Would be like indycar dropping the indy500 or WEC dropping LeMans

If every driver didn't want to win every race why are they in the sport? 

They all talk it up as it's Monaco, where half of them live and the money is. 

I always just see it as a race for the drivers more than the fans to enjoy. Think growing up as a kid though this was the one track which always stuck in your mind because of how different it was, i've always liked it even if the races are a precession most of the time

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

I always just see it as a race for the drivers more than the fans to enjoy. Think growing up as a kid though this was the one track which always stuck in your mind because of how different it was, i've always liked it even if the races are a precession most of the time

Yeah I do agree, I think within a calender of 21 races it has its place. it's such a different circuit where strategy rules all and every driver has to be on their game. Tbh I thought it was probably best race of the season so far, you had LeClerc's gorgeous overtakes and Max on Lewis' arse throughout the whole race. Any other track, Max takes him in two laps but because its Monaco he's able to just keep him at bay and only give him slight inches, I would probably argue that if that was Bottas for example it probably wouldn't have the drama as much but because it was Max it just added to it so much, plus Monaco is probably the only weekend on the calender that I actively watch qualifying too, and usually does end up being the race. I am surprised they haven't added a DRS zone in the tunnel though, I feel that would definitely help with a lot of the anti monaco crowd and get a few more overtakes in and you could probably argue Max would've taken Lewis had that been in play.

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They talk it up because it's the hardest track on the calender you spoon

Hardest? No, tightest, totally different things. Once you're Infront it's almost impossible to be passed, Lewis was told don't overtake the backmarkers Max can't get passed. That's not because max is a shit driver it's because it's a shit track. 

• 2 weeks later...