Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s not even racing anymore.

What is the answer? How do the rules need to be changed in terms of design to make the cars competitive with each other and able to follow in dirty air, otherwise the sport will slowly die.

The build up on Sky today was far more interesting than the actual race and that wasn’t really great. It’s a good job F1 comes free with the SKY package because I don’t think I’d pay for it as an exclusive channel and I’ve been a fan for 25 years.

It's a shame really. F1 lost a fan in me about 15 years ago.

I loved it in the 80's & 90's and went to the British Grand Prix every year. Then slowly my interest dwindled and now I couldn't even tell you who the main teams/drivers are.

If it got more exciting and competitive again, I'd probably get back into it.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Is it worth watching the 3 minute race highlights?  I missed the race btw.  lol

Even the start was dull, that used to be exciting at least, even if the rest of the race was boring. It's been boring for years but obviously people still pay the money to watch it (what a waste of a few hours every other weekend).

There are many better, more competitive motor sports around.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s not even racing anymore.

What is the answer? How do the rules need to be changed in terms of design to make the cars competitive with each other and able to follow in dirty air, otherwise the sport will slowly die.

The build up on Sky today was far more interesting than the actual race and that wasn’t really great. It’s a good job F1 comes free with the SKY package because I don’t think I’d pay for it as an exclusive channel and I’ve been a fan for 25 years.

Go back to v8 v10 3.5’s. Mercedes was basically handed a free reign to win championships. It’s worse than when Williams was dominant with active suspension and Ferrari threatened to quit if they didn’t get rid of it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Ricciardo's penalties are completely fair enough. People are letting their frustration at the lack of racing and excitement hinder their judgement on him overtaking off the track twice.

I think the one he does on Lando is very harsh, with the kimi overtake he has completely track extended so i can see why they've given that one. 

On 24/06/2019 at 19:27, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think the one he does on Lando is very harsh, with the kimi overtake he has completely track extended so i can see why they've given that one. 

Its a boring track...French-physicadelic...from the 60s!!!

If they put a Bit of green,Trees and Borders into it,These things couldnt happen...its that simple!!!

Its been shown over the last years,the Drivers are Lazy and will Run off,when the track allows them...

All tracks,Need a Run-off for Safety reasons, but then Let it be gravel...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf