Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

The penalty is actually fairly consistent to what Verstappen had given to him last year at Suzuka.

As for his post race antics, ****ing hell lol I remember Hamilton being caned for what, not talking before the podium was it at Silverstone last year? It has nothing on Vettel today.. the swapping of the boards, what a child lol His team celebrating him doing so like a bunch of sheep wasn't much better either

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's a team sport though, whether or not it was Verstappen's own error he ruined Bottas' race. Vettel's incident had no consequence, it's beyond ridiculous. 

Well it had no consequence for Vettel, he kept the lead and caused Hamilton to drop further back. I actually think it was a bit harsh, and it kind of ruined the end of the race as a spectacle. But to say the incident had no consequence is just incorrect. If that had occurred further down the field, the offending driver would have come back onto the left side of the track and given the place 9 times out of 10.

• Like 1

Personally, I think Vettel had full control and knew exactly what he was doing when he veered across the track, however it is largely irrelevant whether it was accidental or not. If you turn a blind eye to such things 'in the spirit of racing' then it sets a precedent and everyone will start to do it in the knowledge that they will likely get away with it. All absolutely fine, until somebody gets seriously injured or killed because of it.

50 seconds into this. The more I see the Vettel penalty the more I understand it. Three things I notice here in comparison to yesterday is

There is run off area for Raikkonen, for Hamilton there was a concrete wall

The speed Raikkonen and Verstappen were going was much slower than Vettel/Hamilton

And to a lesser extent, Verstappen still actually tries to come back and take as much as the corner as possible. Vettel didn't, although I doubt it was really possible for him to do much else

The first two make what happened yesterday a more serious offence, I can't understand the absolute uproar last night, particularly Sky and ex drivers etc. Saying they're not allowed to race anymore, the incident yesterday has nothing to do with racing? Its a question of dangerous driving. I can't remember the opinions of Sky from the Verstappen incident but the immediate reaction of Di Resta was penalty lol I can only imagine its because this was for 1st place and the win unlike Japan's battle for 3rd or 4th. Or maybe because the one team and driver that is a class above the rest so far this season have profited from it.

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, stix said:

Well it had no consequence for Vettel, he kept the lead and caused Hamilton to drop further back. I actually think it was a bit harsh, and it kind of ruined the end of the race as a spectacle. But to say the incident had no consequence is just incorrect. If that had occurred further down the field, the offending driver would have come back onto the left side of the track and given the place 9 times out of 10.

Hamilton dropped back by about 4 tenths ffs, if Vettel had come in with a 4 second gap then fair enough but this was a racing incident pure and simple, I disagree with that too, if anyone is just moving to the left to lose his position then they aren't a racing driver pure and simple

So as some of us mentioned, the sharp dart to the right as Vettel rejoined the track was what caused the officials to make their decision.

Not to mention it appears Vettel checked his mirrors, probably (or surely?!) saw Hamilton and chose to let his car still go towards the right of the track as he rejoined...

• Like 4

On 10/06/2019 at 16:13, Walkers said:

50 seconds into this. The more I see the Vettel penalty the more I understand it. Three things I notice here in comparison to yesterday is

There is run off area for Raikkonen, for Hamilton there was a concrete wall

The speed Raikkonen and Verstappen were going was much slower than Vettel/Hamilton

And to a lesser extent, Verstappen still actually tries to come back and take as much as the corner as possible. Vettel didn't, although I doubt it was really possible for him to do much else

The first two make what happened yesterday a more serious offence, I can't understand the absolute uproar last night, particularly Sky and ex drivers etc. Saying they're not allowed to race anymore, the incident yesterday has nothing to do with racing? Its a question of dangerous driving. I can't remember the opinions of Sky from the Verstappen incident but the immediate reaction of Di Resta was penalty lol I can only imagine its because this was for 1st place and the win unlike Japan's battle for 3rd or 4th. Or maybe because the one team and driver that is a class above the rest so far this season have profited from it.

I agree on your all your points,and Vettel the spoilt little brat,just kept howling..!!! Then moving the placement signs,god these Germans can't take the pressure!! Nor accept incident descisions!!

Many conveniently forget when in the past Hamilton even lost the World championship..over worse descisions..

At one point I had sympathy with him,

but like footballers..Rugby players,tennis players,he or any F1 driver..should be accountable,and his actions in any other

Sport would be again penalised for bringing the sport into disrepute..!!!

More than/unlike  any other sport,the drivers & teams have means of recourse...he & Ferrari should use that platform & not Go crying to their mama!!!! He has more history of making

Undisciplined Driving errors,that have cost his teampre than any top driver in F1 history!!! Verstappen runs him a close 2nd,but he learns from them...

Hamilton tho' somewhat embarrassed,

and with quiet distinction and refrain,

Yup Stefan was quite wrong,and it was a difficult moment taking that line....

But I might of done the same...!!!

I believe Vettel frust..he knew exactly what he was doing ,accepted the natural slide of the car would take its course,and just in those nano seconds deliberately didn't care and wasn't interested in any consequence...

Funny thing is last & this season,the drivers group had also discussed such incidents & put it down to poor has a  driver issue!! Penalties should be expected..!!

Poor reaction from ex-driver pundits,who themselves have question other simular deliberate car-drifts...

Present drivers..are split...They can make their thoughts known,they have enough meetings where they can table this...movement & moment..!!!

I think Vettel is a great driver...but he's the only one I have supported,who's grew into craft-brew proportions into a star spangled TWAT over actually  a long period of time...

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently Vettel shouldn't have got a penalty because Paul di Resta's mum, who doesn't know the rules of F1, would see that incident and think there's nothing wrong with it

By that logic if I didn't know the rules of football and somebody stood by the oppositions goal, a whole 30 yards+ offside and scored a goal, we should allow it

It’s not even racing anymore.

What is the answer? How do the rules need to be changed in terms of design to make the cars competitive with each other and able to follow in dirty air, otherwise the sport will slowly die.

The build up on Sky today was far more interesting than the actual race and that wasn’t really great. It’s a good job F1 comes free with the SKY package because I don’t think I’d pay for it as an exclusive channel and I’ve been a fan for 25 years.