Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

i think the penalty was spot on so Lets put it in footballing terms, a striker and last defender are chasing a through ball the defender slips and in the process of falling takes the striker with him, the defender obviously didn’t mean to slip and to take him down but he has hindered the striker from getting to the ball 

All drivers need to stop immediately on the track until VAR decides.

• Haha 1

That penalty received the same punishment as Verstappen, being unsafely released in the pit lane and causing damage to bottas which in turn ruined his race, how are these two incidents comparable? Can we at least see some consistency is all I'm saying, I'd imagine if it was Hamilton he would've got away with it because he's the brand

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Imagine Sebastian Vettel being your childhood hero lol

The man is a childish petulant ****, who "dominated" by driving a car ridiculously faster than the rest and never being challenged by his teammate. Now he's having to fight and battle and hes under a tiny bit of pressure and he can't stop ****ing up. Imagine that man being your hero lol

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The man is a childish petulant ****, who "dominated" by driving a car ridiculously faster than the rest and never being challenged by his teammate. Now he's having to fight and battle and hes under a tiny bit of pressure and he can't stop ****ing up. Imagine that man being your hero lol

It's not my childhood and I was taking the piss ffs lol 

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That penalty received the same punishment as Verstappen, being unsafely released in the pit lane and causing damage to bottas which in turn ruined his race, how are these two incidents comparable? Can we at least see some consistency is all I'm saying, I'd imagine if it was Hamilton he would've got away with it because he's the brand

Your hatred of Hamilton is clouding your judgment now.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's not my childhood and I was taking the piss ffs lol 

No idea why I put childhood lol.

Oh the old I was taking the piss defence after writing something daft and being pulled up on it, because writing "Seb is my hero" is clearly taking the piss and not just a sentence that could have no other meaning than what it said lol. I can really tell you're taking the piss and didn't mean it. ****ing idiot lol

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You're hatred of Hamilton is clouding your judgment now.

There's no hatred for Hamilton, no contact was made, no race was ruin, no place else for him to go. It's a disgrace to the sport to be perfectly honest, let's keep doing these ridiculous penalties and ruin racing even further brilliant. You can't one week, give a lenient penalty to a driver who ruined someone's race then do the exact same thing for an incident which in the end had no consequences, it's honestly pathetic lol

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Never been to F1 live but are the fans aware of whats going on re: penalties like that? If not, then its a bit of a shit viewing experience thinking Vettel won it lol

I was at that track 3 years ago. There are TV screens everywhere and certainly where all the spectators are seated. They will know what's going on.

No doubt in my mind that Vettel moved his wheel to the right to block him off.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

No idea why I put childhood lol.

Oh the old I was taking the piss defence after writing something daft and being pulled up on it, because writing "Seb is my hero" is clearly taking the piss and not just a sentence that could have no other meaning than what it said lol. I can really tell you're taking the piss and didn't mean it. ****ing idiot lol

You're the idiot mate lol , who the **** is going round saying that in a serious context. No surprise you constantly have family guy avatars, you need everything fed to you without any sarcasm or nuance applied to it. Next time I'll add a little spoiler for you to get it through to your thick skull

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

There's no hatred for Hamilton, no contact was made, no race was ruin, no place else for him to go. It's a disgrace to the sport to be perfectly honest, let's keep doing these ridiculous penalties and ruin racing even further brilliant. You can't one week, give a lenient penalty to a driver who ruined someone's race then do the exact same thing for an incident which in the end had no consequences, it's honestly pathetic lol

I'd argue that Verstapen's penalty was harsher, as it wasn't his fault that his team released him unsafely. Whereas Vettel was punished for a mistake that was all his own doing.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You're the idiot mate lol , who the **** is going round saying that in a serious context. No surprise you constantly have family guy avatars, you need everything fed to you without any sarcasm or nuance applied to it. Next time I'll add a little spoiler for you to get it through to your thick skull

I wouldn't expect most people on this forum to say that seriously but sad little twat like you I would. No surprise everyone is disagreeing with you because just like every other time you post  you haven't got a ****ing clue, and you wrong, again.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'd argue that Verstapen's penalty was harsher, as it wasn't his fault that his team released him unsafely. Whereas Vettel was punished for a mistake that was all his own doing.

It's a team sport though, whether or not it was Verstappen's own error he ruined Bottas' race. Vettel's incident had no consequence, it's beyond ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Was never a penalty. Thought Vettel handled himself well under the circumstances. He's been under a lot of pressure and finally gets a win only to be robbed.

Did you miss him parking at the top of the pit lane, storming through the FIA garage and into the team bus? Then being dragged back out and swapping the numbers on his and Hamilton's cars? And walking off after a bit of an interview? 

He reacted like a spoilt brat who didn't get his own way. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Did you miss him parking at the top of the pit lane, storming through the FIA garage and into the team bus? Then being dragged back out and swapping the numbers on his and Hamilton's cars? And walking off after a bit of an interview? 

He reacted like a spoilt brat who didn't get his own way. 

He also told the crowd not to boo Lewis and thanked the crowd. I'm not surprised he didn't want to be interviewed.

• Like 1

Verstappen's  penalty was too lenient last week. The unsafe release rule is there to stop teams trying to gamble and send cars out without making sure there is room in the pit lane and since you have mechanics and equipment it's potentially very dangerous to have cars colliding in the pit lane and the penalty is always harsh to discourage teams from simply gambling and releasing cars. If you only apply a 5 second penalty for clearly unsafe releases especially on a circuit like Monte Carlo where track position is everything then teams will just send cars out even if it's risky as the penalty is not a deterrent. The only reason I could think of for such a lenient penalty is Verstappen is one of the biggest draws in F1 (they are going to have a shit circuit host F1 next year in the Netherlands) and they realised he was going to make the GP more exciting.

Now Vettel was punished for rejoining the track unsafely, but this is a rule that applies when a driver has gone into a run off area and is in control of their car and looking to rejoin the circuit, in those circumstances coming on to the racing line and impeding another car would be worthy of a penalty. Vettel made a mistake and had to cut across the inside of a corner where there was grass (which has no grip) and then his car was always going to re-enter the circuit on the outside of the corner, he wasn't fully under control at any point. The fact that he forced Hamilton to slow is irrelevant, there's no penalty for ending up in someone's way. Hamilton said "if there wasn't a wall there I would have passed him" and he's right, but there is a wall there and that's just part of the circuit. 

It's twice in 2 races where the stewards have made crap calls and I hope this isn't the sign of things to come.

• Like 1