Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

Not what I wanted to see today :( excellent grandstand in Shanghai. You can see almost all of the track (just not the hairpin unfortunately). Think it’s an easy 1-2 for merc from here but hopefully something crazy happens

818F0C6D-694A-4835-8CED-B98B3B9EEF29.jpeg

• Like 3

Hahaha so reminiscent of the last race I went to (Monza 2017). Top 3 identical. Red Bull 4th. Ferrari 5th. Mercedes pole. Red Bull fastest lap. Complete deja vu out there.

The media keep pretending Ferrari are there but they’re not. Three one-twos for Mercedes and this season is done already.

Love the feeling of being at a race live, made that feel a lot more exciting than it probably was.

15 minutes ago, Asha said:

Hahaha so reminiscent of the last race I went to (Monza 2017). Top 3 identical. Red Bull 4th. Ferrari 5th. Mercedes pole. Red Bull fastest lap. Complete deja vu out there.

The media keep pretending Ferrari are there but they’re not. Three one-twos for Mercedes and this season is done already.

Love the feeling of being at a race live, made that feel a lot more exciting than it probably was.

its race 3, seasons hardly over, ferrari will improve their wing and mercedes will reduce their drag and it will get closer as we progress

I'm as disinterested in F1 as I can remember. This will be the first year I'm not bothering with Silverstone for a while, even when the races are on TV I'm only half paying attention. I only realised this morning that the fastest lap earns the driver a point :blush: I only hope this never happens with football, although I can't imagine it. Mind you a few years ago I would have said the same about F1.... 

• Like 1

It was a shite race but don't see why people are being negative about the prospects this season. Merc were quickest in Australia and China and got a 1-2. Ferrari were quickest in Bahrain and would have got a 1-2 as comfortably as Merc did today if Vettel didn't spin and Leclerc's car didn't break.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beliall said:

its race 3, seasons hardly over, ferrari will improve their wing and mercedes will reduce their drag and it will get closer as we progress

Not when Ferrari are prioritising the poorer driver, the one that keeps making mistakes, they won’t win nothing. 

On 15/04/2019 at 06:54, Walkers said:

It was a shite race but don't see why people are being negative about the prospects this season. 

You're worse than Sky F1 mate

"Ferrari are X tenths up Hamilton is the UNDERDOG." What a load of ****ing shit. Mercedes are miles ahead and we all know it. Ferrari will get the odd race win but I bet Mercedes win at least 15 of the 21 races, and Hamilton will probably get 12 of them. Roll on 2021 for hopefully a bit of a shake-up.

• Like 1

There's basically four categories.

1 - Mercedes

2 - Ferrari & Red Bull

3 - Midfield

4 - Williams

And there'll be very few race results this year that don't follow that order. 

One interest stat, the last time a season started in such a dominant way (with three 1-2 finishes for one constructor) it was 1992 and the supreme Williams-Renault was bossing the field. This season is a new level of over. Hamilton has this wrapped up in Suzuka unless Bottas puts up a fight.

Edited by Asha

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2019 at 22:54, Walkers said:

It was a shite race but don't see why people are being negative about the prospects this season. Merc were quickest in Australia and China and got a 1-2. Ferrari were quickest in Bahrain and would have got a 1-2 as comfortably as Merc did today if Vettel didn't spin and Leclerc's car didn't break.

Because every year is the same, Merc win lol, everyone is used to the got used to the formula and aren't buying any spin about anyone being close to matching them

4 hours ago, isaidno said:

Farcical scenes in Baku.

Mad day.

Drainage covers not on properly. The lorry taking Russell's car hits one of the bridges (although luckily not much damaged caused).

Kyvat and Stroll hit the walls.

And to top it off, one of the drivers in F2 ran over 2 marshals as they were helping him get started again.

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2019 at 14:14, Asha said:

You're worse than Sky F1 mate

"Ferrari are X tenths up Hamilton is the UNDERDOG." What a load of ****ing shit. Mercedes are miles ahead and we all know it. Ferrari will get the odd race win but I bet Mercedes win at least 15 of the 21 races, and Hamilton will probably get 12 of them. Roll on 2021 for hopefully a bit of a shake-up.

The only way it can change is new engines. Mercedes spent 2 years developing before the last engine change, then when the change came, renault and ferrari were effectively forced to go with what they had and have played catch up ever since with only minor updates allowed in the rules. Seemed a bit dodgy to me as development for the next season is banned up until september. I have heard that they plan to go to electric formulas and walk away from F1 once their dominance is over.

I've been invited to the newly added Vietnam GP in Hanoi next year. It's a street circuit like Baku. It's a long flight for 3 days of racing but I'm seriously considering it. 

I'm in 2 minds because I also have the opportunity to go to Music Row in Nashville, but can't afford both. 

I went to the Hungarian GP 2 years ago, loved it, the whole spectacle was a real experience. 

Edited by Parafox